Scott's E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint - Day 1!

Well, finally what you and I have been waiting for, paint time!

First I crammed the car full of parts. Just as well I bought a Touring isn't it?

Unloaded everything at the garage, 5 mins up the road

Then spent most of the day in my designated wee corner getting everything prepped. Pete kept me right and helped me out where he could. We were going to prime the bumpers this evening, but he had to get on with a customers car. So that's tomorrow morning

Tomorrow should be good!

Comment

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/valdis.pavlovskis.7/photos_all

Comment

Thanks guys!

Paint - Day 2/3

Finished up the rest of the work on the bumpers and sides yesterday. Rear bumper was quite badly repaired from a previous damage, but I managed to work most of it out. Also got Pete to plastic weld some of the broken tabs and the mount for the diffuser.

Repaired section of the rear bumper

Noticed my replacement wing had a wee bit of rust on it, so I cleared that out. Turned out to be nothing too major, phew. Going to put a couple coats of Bonda Primer on it, stuff is great, no rust whatsoever. And then knock the lip back.

Front bumper ready to go. No damage other than some stone chips

And a very bad photo of them in primer! I had to nip off to work, so didn't manage to get any others.

Pete is now busy for a week, so I can't get the car in, so I'll be going back up the week after next.

Probably take my wheels to be re-powdercoated on Monday

Comment

Went to Glasgow with a buddy to drop the wheels off to be blasted and powdercoaters. Super excited to get them back!

Got instagram the other day. It's scottpatersonphoto for anyone wanting to follow

Comment

So I just picked up the wheels from the powdercoaters! Stoked. Slightly different shade to the BMW colour, but it's growing on me. It has a kind of more chromey look, but it doesn't look as tacky as it sounds.

Apologies for the iPhone shots, will get some decent ones soon. But for now I'm going to sit and admire them

Comment

now put them on
                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                  now put them on
                  Might throw one on just for the crack

Should be buttoning everything up the end of next month

Comment

Yehhhhhhhhhhhhh
                    -SW|UK-
                    Education - Knowledge - Power
                    insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

• Awesome - those wheels look great

Comment

• Originally posted by stinkinrich View Post
                        Yehhhhhhhhhhhhh
                        Originally posted by jimmybacon View Post
                        Awesome - those wheels look great
                        Thanks guys, I'm really excited now

Here's hoping I can just blast through it with my painter next week.

Comment

• Got a great day on the car. Got what I set out to do all buttoned up Getting them into primer and a wee bit of 2 pack paint so I can take my brother to an Interview on Monday.

All the doors were riddled with carpark dings and little bits of spider rust. So I set about cleaning them up and making my repairs.

Done! Notice the almost penis shaped repair on the front door

Best update on doors you'll ever see. Maybe.

Comment

• Made some more repairs

Backs of the doors were a little rusty. Put some BondaPrimer on it to stop any further rust, this stuff is awesome.

Quick shot of the bumpers in Primer

Got it in the booth and Pete helped me mask it all up (Read - He masked it because I was shite)

Would have been a pain in the ass if you'd left something in the car...

Otherside

Primer, yey

It will get a quick coat of 2pack paint so I can use it over the weekend. That will act as a guide coat too

Comment

• Doin' work mang!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by dav3design View Post
                                Doin' work mang!
                                Indeed!

Was walking up the road to the painters and think "Man, I hope he hasn't done it a stupid colour"

Pink. Yeah. Good one

Comment

Working...
                                X