This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Couple of pics from the last TrackDay..

VW Gol Power 1.6

Comment

• as promised in a nother thread some model shit

(circa apr 2008)

ignore the umbrella there, that shot was SUCH a random happening. there was a group of guys walking by, and she was like, i want them. so i had to use my halfass japanese to get them in position. in total from start to finish i had like 6 minutes

just a random set of em
        remember, NO PP has been done, these are my originals (so i havent cropped or anything)
        Disclaimer:
        I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

• those all desperately need PP.

Canon, Fuji, Mamiya, Minolta + Pentax.

Comment

• disagree
            100%

there are a few things that irk me in them. but i should have fixed it when i was shooting, instead of trying to fix it later. Every customer was 110% happy with the images, so thats what matters. I have a pattern to my images of the style, and people come to me for that style i guess.
            Disclaimer:
            I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

Comment

• My e28 and I'm not sure whose M3...

And my dad's friend in his '62 rag

*should be able to click on both for larger versions...
              **I suck and need a lot of practice, I know.

Originally posted by dav3design
              ...I have only just cottoned on to what is happening. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshLikeSushi View Post
                disagree
                100%

there are a few things that irk me in them. but i should have fixed it when i was shooting, instead of trying to fix it later. Every customer was 110% happy with the images, so thats what matters. I have a pattern to my images of the style, and people come to me for that style i guess.
                underexposed and blown out highlights?

i've done paid stuff before and given people stuff i don't really think is anything out of the ordinary. they always seemed pleased.
                the difference is that they don't take the photos for a reason, and 9 out of 10 times do not have an eye for anything photo related.
                all they know is that it looks better than what their 8mp powershot takes. yes, i said in most cases. i **** paid stuff personally,
                it completely detracts from the point of me owning the camera to begin with. paid shoots are stressful to me, and that contradicts everything.
                Last edited by Dane; 01-09-2010, 03:23 PM.

Canon, Fuji, Mamiya, Minolta + Pentax.

Comment

• interesting.
                  I stopped advertising a while back, now i get people that are referred to me. And im not sure if you noticed, but like 95% of my shots are 1/3 to 2/3 a stop underexposed. except in certain circumstances. its a personal preference i guess. ive got other shit ive done super recently i was lik eover the top happy with, but because of contract shit i cant post em
                  Disclaimer:

Comment

• from a shoot today

Comment

• something strikes me as odd about that
                      not sure what though
                      Disclaimer:

Comment

• Jason
                        flickr
                        build thread

Comment

• Dylan Leff - www.originalplate.com

Comment

• I think it comes down to there being multiple types of photographers. Some people revel in the limitations of the camera, and some people strive to correct it. They both work equally well and your gear is obviously top notch which allows you to get some great pictures without any post work. Other people do post on nearly every image. I think the point is that every photographer has their own style, and they each use different tools to achieve it. It doesn't make one way better than another, and I certainly wouldn't claim that people who do post work aren't photographers.

Anyway, pic o' the day (I'm doing a 365 day photo project so I have lots):
                            Jason
                            flickr
                            build thread

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
                                Great work!

Comment

Working...
                                X