e36 rubbing issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e36 rubbing issues

so as most of you know i drive an e36, i used to roll on vette ZR1 wheels which were 17x9.5 +22 all aound on raceland coils, i had em all the way down and due to the weak spring rates they eventually grinded the whole edge of my wheels (looked like a gnarly curb rash), when i re-finished my style 5's i switched to a koni/gc set-up in the rear with 700lb spring rates and it wasnt bad but my wheels werent aggressive either. know im on 17x9.5 + 15 w/ 235/40 tires and it rubs like crazy in the rear, im talkin about everywhere i go it rubs, any time i take a turn it rubs.. its really anoyying, pulling my fenders is not an option, frankly i just dont like the look and i think it defeats the purpose cause then id want wider wheels to have that poke, im considering going to 1000lb rates in the rear..

does anyone else have this problem? is it just something you have to live with?
    any REALISTIC input or first hand experience would be greatly appreciated

BalleurBuilt•DSDone
    form>function
    "i mean we cant even rock dem shoes if it dont got a comma on the price tag..."

But you are running quite wide sizes on the tyres, with that agressive offset. Is it out of the question to swich to 215/40's?
    And secondly, are your fenders rolled? as the e36 still have quite a big lip when rolled, you can allways cut the fender down, and make it paiper thin.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Sounds like it's time to roll your fenders.

Comment

you really think i havent already done that?, you must have never seen my car..

BalleurBuilt•DSDone
        form>function

Comment

Are the inner part of the fender cut? yes / no.

And switch to a smaller size tyre.
          -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Yea I think cutting or maybe a slight grind on the inside of the fenders is the next step, tires are staton though

BalleurBuilt•DSDone
            form>function

Comment

smaller tires....or more offset....or deal with the rubbing
              235/40 is pretty big. go down to 215/40 and you will be good

Comment

looks like its gonna have to be dealing with it.. tires arent goin any smaller and i slight grind to the rear fenders is in the works

BalleurBuilt•DSDone
                form>function

Comment

How was the style 5's with the racelands? Those spring rates scare me lol

-Dan

Comment

Originally posted by balleur View Post
                    tires are staton though
                    Well theres your problem.
                    Anywho grinding is your only option, if you don't wanna pull them too much.
                    -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Why are you so stuck on this tire size? A 215 would give you so much more clearance... Seems like pretty simple solution. Hope the fender grinding works for you though!

Comment

the tires arent the issue BTW like i said before i had 215's on my vette wheels and all it did was scratch up my rim cause of how low i am and how stretched the tire was, the solution will be dealing with it and goin to 1000lb rates in the rear and 800 up front.
                        thanks for the input though guys

BalleurBuilt•DSDone
                        form>function

Comment

where are you getting your springs?

bmw by sethum13, on Flickr

Comment

BalleurBuilt•DSDone
                            form>function

Comment

Yeah a member on VWVortex put some civic 700lb springs on his racelands so he wouldnt rub. Im going try to find the thread.

Get ready for the ****.
                              edit: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4727988

I too have Racelands on my MK4 and im considering doing this.
                              Last edited by Daft Punk; 02-11-2010, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X