Cousins of Organization - A two-wheeled build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THIS

Hit me up for all your quality used bmw parts needs! http://properperformance.com/ IG: Lowlygent

Comment

cool project

Comment

Originally posted by motocaddy View Post
        Much rather see a full build on an entry-level bike like this than few bolt-ons with a new sport bike. This looks like something I'd really enjoy riding when done. Mellow power for normal speeds but potential to be a blast in the corners. What are future plans for fork upgrades?
        This is EXACTLY my thoughts in terms of what I'm building, why I'm building it and what I want to do with it when done.

As for the forks, I swapped the forks/brakes/wheel from the Speed Triple to the bike. They're made by Showa and are compression/rebound adjustable and the Speed Triple is about the same weight as my bike, so they should be a good match. Also, they're about an inch and a half shorter that the factory forks on the Bandit, so turn-in should improve a bit as well.

The design of the forks is kinda interesting too, because as you can see in the picture above, they're a standard fork rather than the more common inverted forks you see on modern bikes, BUT they're built like inverted forks; so they're pretty much upside-down upside-down forks. LOL
        -Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread
        Another Frankenbike Build

sigpic

Comment

You have great taste in automotive projects Cant wait to see how this turns out!

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post

WOW

man you make me want a bike so bad now!
            WORST ONE! GROSS GROSS GROSS!

Originally posted by DinanDave View Post
            THIS

Best one. Perfect.
            Volvo Build Thread
            Bmw Build Thread
            Toyota Build Thread
            zanebonk instagram
            Tumblrrrr

Comment

Nice, I'll be watching this... and @ biker bitch.

Comment

NO MINE is better!!! I guess that's my favorite because this is my favorite bike?

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

I love the GS's, easy fun bike to rip on,

But I would of just went with a Monster, for the sake of how well the bike rides/ works after installing a single swing arm on a frame engineered for a regular arm.

Kudos on the product, I sure it will be baller when you are done.

Plus I'm a sucker for the V-twin powha and the dry clutch rattle...

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                    NO MINE is better!!! I guess that's my favorite because this is my favorite bike?
                    I love Buell's. I'm actually a Harley guy at heart as I've grown up with them and my dad has a few, my uncle has a few and all their friends have them. My next bike will be a Harley, I have a huge boner for the Sportster Forty Eights right now, but they're still a little pricey.

This pic is from a ride I went on with my dad and his buddies this summer. Guess how much shit I got from them all day?

Originally posted by Z.Cockburn View Post
                    But I would of just went with a Monster, for the sake of how well the bike rides/ works after installing a single swing arm on a frame engineered for a regular arm.
                    I'm a big Ducati fan as well, but I paid $1300 for the Bandit so that made the "what bike should I get?" decision a lot easier.
                    -Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

Now this I will be watching

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
                      Originally posted by nickskater09
                      I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

Glad everyone is liking the build!
                        Last edited by Capt. Obvious; 12-05-2012, 03:47 PM.
                        -Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

So, I've spent a lot of time thinking about the paint and color scheme for this bike over the last couple months.

Originally, I was thinking I wanted to do something really bold with the paint on the bike, like Porsche Riviera Blue (similar to BMW Laguna Seca blue, but a little lighter), or bright orange, or something along those lines. The cool thing I've noticed about bikes is you can go totally Florida on the paint scheme without it looking ridiculous since there isn't as much surface to paint on a bike.

However, the other day I saw a picture of a motor a friend of a friend is building and it really got the gears turning in my head and I'm pretty sure where I want the bike to go now in terms of color and finish.

Despite my original plan to go with a bright-ass paint scheme, I think I'm going to embrace my love for choppers and go for an all-black scheme on this bike: gloss black frame and swingarm, matte black engine and tank, etc.

BUT, to add the pop of color and detail the bike needs, I'll have things like the valve cover, headlight bucket, gas cap and some bolts copper plated. Depending on cost, I may do the swingarm as well.

Another variation on this I'm considering is painting the tank and/or frame a creamy color, like Mini Cooper Pepper White, so the bike isn't completely blacked out.

I contacted a few companies that do plating and I'm waiting to hear back with a cost estimate for the copper plating. If the copper ends up being cost prohibitive, other possible options are nickel plating or black chrome.

The picture that got the gears turning:

Other pictures I found that are similar to what I have in mind:

And that's where I'm at for now while I wait for some parts to arrive.

More updates coming soon.
                          -Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm SSSA
                            Looking good dude - Did you check out the bandit that are on CustomFighters.com?

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

Sweet,

Taking Hwy 20 out past Diablo lake to Wintrop is my all time favorite ride evar, last time we did it 2 guys ran out of gas because we were having so much fun no one was watching there Km's..

lol.

You got some great roads in your backyard.

Comment

Yessssssssss !

Comment

Working...
                                X