Clear All

Updates Jack?
    95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

Bumping an old thread.

Comment

Yeah, I've been quiet for a quite a while ... As a quick gist life was basically - laid off, worked a contract, then freelanced and now happily employed and with money coming in steady again I'm picking back up with the build. Goal is SoWo 2015.

First thing I updated, I had wanted a new wheel forever so this happened.

Then, with a heavy heart I had to retire the E23 as my daily (wife demanded it wasn't child seat friendly), so I picked up a new daily!

2002 540iT Sport

I'm not super sad about the loss of the E23 as budski is going to take it to an epic level.

I began amassing parts for the next leg of the build

In that photo (tough to see I know) is basically:
        • Cylinder Head Gasket Kit
        • Engine Crankcase Cover Gasket Set
        • Headers & black wrap
        • Transmission Mounts
        • Thermostat
        • Water Pump
        • New Rotors
        • EBC Greenstuff Pads
        • Braided Wire Cover (a ton of that)
        • E36 Wiring Harness (to replace a hack job current harness)
        • Front Nose Panel (the one I have has been dented since I picked the car up)
        • other odds and ends

And stuff either en route OR ordering shortly...
        • E36 M-Tech front bumper
        • Compact Specific M-Tech side moulding
        • E36 Air Lift front strut setup
        • Front End Full Suspension Refresh Kit
        • Rear End Refresh Kit

At that point I'm closer, then it'll head off for paint and I still need to figure out the seats & wheels. I lost steam on the Style 19 refinish and haven't touched them since last year and I'm investigating some potential options on custom built 3pc to my spec, we'll see where the wallet lands after all of this other malarky.

Also trying to decide on an audio update, bought an additional center panel where the stereo, hvac and all that live to see how feasible an iPad Mini would be in there as the full-time source but I'm unsure so far.
        Fleet

'95 E36 Compact | m50tu | 3.45LSD | Autopilot V2, AirLift Performance Series (F), Air House 2 (R) - BUILD THREAD

'02 E39 540i Touring | Muffler Delete | Autopilot V2, AirLift Performance Series (F), RE5 (R) - BUILD THREAD

Comment

More proof that any car looks better lower

Cool build man! Also digging those Low Junk/ Rival House stickers! Might have to pick some up
          Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

Only thing that's going to be lower when this think is done are the panties it will be dropping

Rival House Garage. #allstarmotorwerke
            A Sherman Schwartz story build thread.

Comment

Originally posted by budski View Post
              Only thing that's going to be lower when this think is done are the panties it will be dropping
              yes

Comment

More parts arriving, and this evening I scored what is in my opinion the Holy Grail of Compact Specific parts ... Keep and eye out for that update once it arrives.

Till then, here's the apron I've needed for quite some time.

Keep an eye out, things are going to start getting interesting very soon.
                Fleet

'95 E36 Compact | m50tu | 3.45LSD | Autopilot V2, AirLift Performance Series (F), Air House 2 (R) - BUILD THREAD

'02 E39 540i Touring | Muffler Delete | Autopilot V2, AirLift Performance Series (F), RE5 (R) - BUILD THREAD

Comment

love it!
                  When life speeds by... downshift

Comment

Pretty stoked, Budski got bored Saturday night and threw on the nose panel and bumper, still needs some aligning but I'm getting way more excited.

More to come..
                    Fleet

Comment

Rear Bumper (or as I refer to as the holy grail of compact specific parts) arrived!

Most of my previous attempts to pick one up had been either thwarted due to overseas shipping or they were in such bad shape repair was hardly an option. Happily I found a Seller in the states and it was in pretty good shape!
                      Fleet

Comment

Mechanical work is beginning on the bay, Budski is tearing into this like a madman*!

*I'd be mad too if I had to work on this wiring mess

Tons of stuff in the works, perhaps a little teaser or two along the way.
                        Fleet

Comment

Oh lord, lol, it’s been some time and a lot has happened. So I’m going to try to resurrect this build thread and release things in chunks over the next few weeks.

So after a long hiatus, kids, work stuff, etceteras this thing is back in the works and as the teardown continues body stuff is getting much needed attention.

Never used this...

Stuff to patch, pull or repair

Among other things I sourced some new markerless front fenders to continue the shave the things subtlety thing going on.
                          Fleet

Comment

Sweeeeet Good luck with all the shaving, filling, and dent repairs. Still cannot wait to see this thing done.

Comment

I demand more updates!

Rival House Garage. #allstarmotorwerke
                              A Sherman Schwartz story build thread.

Comment

Originally posted by SnazzyQ View Post
                                Sweeeeet Good luck with all the shaving, filling, and dent repairs. Still cannot wait to see this thing done.
                                Thanks! There's a lot to do but I feel like it's gaining momentum.
                                Fleet

Comment

Working...
                                X