83' E28 Steering Hub Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian. View Post
    use the telescoping feature located under your steering column pull the lever 180*, telescope out, lock back in place.
    Even with the column all the way in, a ~3 inch hub and a deep cone steering wheel put it pretty close to you.

1983 528e, 230,xxx miles, Alpine weiss. M20B25 swapped
    my tumblr.
    What the f**k is a build thread?

Comment

Originally posted by bmwnutfrombirth View Post
      Anything after 83 uses a fine spline wheel. Pre-83=Coarse spline...
      For what its worth to anyone else coming across this thread looking for information this is incorrect. The change from fine spline to coarse spline happened in 1986 (85.5 technically) with the earlier cars (Pre 86) having the coarse spline, and the later cars having the fine spline.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
        For what its worth to anyone else coming across this thread looking for information this is incorrect. The change from fine spline to coarse spline happened in 1986 (85.5 technically) with the earlier cars (Pre 86) having the coarse spline, and the later cars having the fine spline.
        You wouldn't happen to be moose off of Mye28, the gentleman that does custom spring rates,etc?
        1999 Lexus GS300 | Bagged | Wed Kranze Borphes | STUPID

2001 325i |Coupe | Carbonfiber | Comfy

Comment

I think you are thinking of Moosehead Engineering(MooseheadM5 on mye28), totally unrelated to myself but I do use some of their products on my car, namely the spherical upper control arm bushings, and they are great.

Comment

I have a 1983 518i and i have the same problem. So which is it? Fine or course? Is it 83 did they change or 86? People say i have a fine spline hub when i ordered a course spline one

Comment

Working...
            X