This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Valve Setup Questions

I'm slowly building up what i need to my Corsa on air and its at the point where i need to start looking into management systems, so ive just got a few questions so if you can put me on the right path i'd really appreicate it,

1) Ive been looking more into the electrical valve purely becasue this is faster but there seems to be quite a debate on how many valves needed, i only want front and rear lift so i would only need to valves but ive read that air disperses from bags when cornering so 4 valves should be used??

2) I would love to run Accuair or V2 but im hoping to buy a house next year so its not really an option right now, so i was wondering if i could just wire the electric valves to a toggle switch? and not run any kind of management system?

3) Does anybody know of any schematics i could look at for this type of set up?

Thanks ahead

Wilko

Hey Wilko, you need at least 4 valves for a complete setup (fronts need both a full and a dump valve and the rears also need a fill and dump valve). I would honestly go for 8 valves though so each corner of the car has it's own fill and dump which prevents any transfer of air between the bags when cornering.

You can definitely wire up the valves to either a toggle switch or a simple 7 switch switch box!

Are you interested in seeing the wiring diagrams or how all of the valves and fittings go together?

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Actually, I just remembered I had these laying around..

Comment

Thanks man, thats exactly what i was looking for, could you reccomend a good brand valve? So 8 would be a better option to aviod air transfer?

Think im starting to get this now

Comment

although if you did happen to have a wiring diagram that would be great

Comment

Yeah I will only run 8 valve setups on my cars which also include the majority of the manifolds on the market. I like pretty much everything that SMC makes as they've been around for a while and tend to be one of the most reliable options out there.

As for the wiring diagrams, I don't have any except for what the wires from the switch boxes go to but it's really straightforward when wiring up switches. You just have to worry about power and grounds.

Comment

Well I'm glad you said SMC as we use a lot of there pneumatic solenoid valves at work and never have a problem, not these kind tho but I'm sure il get my head round it

Comment

One more question what pressure sensor would be best? I've been offered a brand new viair 110psi on 145psi off ? It's not a big car, it's a vauxhall corsa so only a small hatch

Comment

Originally posted by Wilko View Post
                  One more question what pressure sensor would be best? I've been offered a brand new viair 110psi on 145psi off ? It's not a big car, it's a vauxhall corsa so only a small hatch
                  The 110psi - 145psi will be fine for most cars, especially since yours is on the smaller side. What size tank are you planning on going with? If it's less than a 5 gallon, the 145 cut off wont give you much air volume to play around with so I would recommend going with a 175. If it's a 5 gallon tank, you'll be fine!

Comment

It's a 2 gallon because the boot is tiny lol

Comment

Running a 145psi cutoff with a 2 gallon tank wont give you that much air to play around with. Your compressor will run every time you lift your car from 0psi up to ride height. I would definitely recommend going with at least a 175psi pressure switch. I have a 175psi cutoff on my car with a 3 gallon tank and it works well for my needs. If you plan on playing around with the air ride a lot, you're better off going with a 200psi pressure switch.

Comment

That's what I thought do you guys at BR post to UK?

Comment

We do! Shoot an email to rali@bagriders.com and I can get you a shipping quote!

Comment

Working...
                          X