No announcement yet.

91' GMC Syclone Daily Driver Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nicely done, your execution for cleanliness and attention to detail is on point.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Fantastic.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Wow, this is fantastic.

Congrats man, I like your style. To build cars like that, and those types of cars while also being a fan of stance.... I would like to buy you a beer sir.
        @jroc561
        71' 240z, 03' CL55, 04' CayenneTT

Comment

I bet you're taking more care 'bout that truck than your wife, don't you?

I myself would for sure.
          On a serious note, I am jealous of the quality of the work. That truck will be awesome.

But, drum brakes on the rear? -_-

Continue the excellent work!

Comment

Are you by any chance from Milton, and know Erik Metsa and Kevin Duggan?

Comment

fuck yeah man, that typhoon is killer! I want one so bad.

Comment

he sure does live in milton! Nice thread ty, but give the people some more updates!!!!

IG = @erock_mo

1994 Ford Probe GT - Swapped, Slammed, Boosted
                2003 Saab 9-3 vector - Slammed, ADV.1's, The Daily

Comment

Originally posted by USDMalltheway View Post
                  Wow this is friggin amazing man! Love these trucks and you do badass work!
                  Thanks so much, much appreciated!

Originally posted by Stupid Kid View Post
                  This is seriously rad. I need an s10 I think...
                  Buy one!

Originally posted by AmnKyle@911th View Post
                  fap fap fap. love these trucks
                  They quickly become a love/**** relationship

Originally posted by rsingh3g View Post
                  Nice work
                  Thank you!

Originally posted by NorCalFocus View Post
                  Thank the lord there are people like you in the world who can not only save automotive icons, but make them better. This is how I would want to build a car if I could.
                  Means alot, A big reason ive even started building this truck is because i obviously have somthing to drive daily. Dailying a car and bulding that same car never works out. Something like this needs to be a on-going project without a timeline.

Originally posted by Lt. Dangle View Post
                  Holy fucking shit, the Typhoon takes the cake, that thing makes my chubby swell.

haha thanks sirr!

Bet that torquer on a somewhat tight lsa like that sounds pretty rowdy, and probably makes that thing pretty rev-happy.
                  It should be pretty good, I wanted a cam that when you heard it idle, people would know it was running a rather large cam, However i didnt want to sacrifice driveability and dependablity too much.

With the headers, dual 3" exhuast, high flow cats and borla mufflers I shouldnt have a problem getting pulled over

Originally posted by milano_red View Post
                  That typhoon is awesome!
                  Thank you!!

Originally posted by ferrijessica View Post
                  I like this a lot, keep up the good work!
                  Keep checking for updates!

Originally posted by Darksyde View Post
                  That typhoon, i dont know what to say.
                  sometimes I do the exact same thing. Its a strange vehicle.

Originally posted by alwayshear View Post
                  This thread is full of awesome! Nice work!
                  Thank you!

Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
                  Little sar you didn't put the turbo six in it. Then again I am partial as I own a grand national .
                  I've had a few sy/tys previous to this Sy, and the 4.3 turbo alothugh it's a blast to drive its very tempormental. The drivability simply isnt there. Tunning and maintenance is a pain and any modifications and there no longer dependable (my red/red Typhoon is a prime example).

I wanted a truck that was turn key and very dependable. thats my reason for going LS/4L80E. I know the end result will be great! Hopefully I can convincve you of that aswell once this build is finished up.

Originally posted by 3pedalsdn View Post
                  Wtf! So u have a syclone and a typhoon...I'm ****** right now. But I'm loving the progress. Do u have a build thread for the typhoon anywhere?
                  I have a few build threads on the Ty, However they are old And the truck is somewhat apart right now... When the Syclone gets finished I will be starting a new Build thread for the Typhoon as I plan on doing another frame up build on it. So stay tuned!

Originally posted by motocaddy View Post
                  So glad you posted and shared these with us! I grew up lusting after SyTys and this is the best build of one I've seen to date. Huge respect for the complete nature of this build and very high quality parts. Very excited to see more progress and finished product!
                  Thank you, There are other def" other higher quailty builds than mine out there. Regardless, With that being said, I really appeciate your comment. I just wanted to build a super clean, functional and oem+ looking Syclone that has been modernized. And as a result is able to hang with current cars of today both on and off the track.

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                  love seeing builds like this on here, deff be watching this one
                  Thank you! stay tuned!

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                  Very nicely done, your execution for cleanliness and attention to detail is on point.
                  It's all about the little details. I love clean vehicle builds and I wanted to keep the AC and power options because to me thats what shows detail in a build. The little aspects that most would throw away for the ease of other aspects.

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                  Fantastic.
                  Thanks!

Originally posted by Jroc View Post
                  Wow, this is fantastic.

Congrats man, I like your style. To build cars like that, and those types of cars while also being a fan of stance.... I would like to buy you a beer sir.
                  Thank you, Once this truck gets back on the road and all the little bugs worked out of it, it will be fitted and low thats for sure! that I can promise everyone on here. although it will be functional and meaty.

If im ever out your way ill take you up on that beer!

Originally posted by beluga420 View Post
                  I bet you're taking more care 'bout that truck than your wife, don't you?

I myself would for sure.
                  On a serious note, I am jealous of the quality of the work. That truck will be awesome.

But, drum brakes on the rear? -_-

Continue the excellent work!
                  Haha my ex figured that out pretty quckly

I really do hope the truck turns out awesome! I think it should as ive done my research.

The first post like I said just brought everyone here up to speed as I starned building the truck January 2011 so it has been quite some time and alot has happened. I said I couldnt show everything (2000+ pictures i have currently), but I encouraged everyone to read the fulll build thread on syty.net which goes into much much more detail (it shows the front and rear brake upgrades aswell).

it has rear discs - 13" rotors and a PBR rear conversion kit, which I then modified as I wasnt happy with it at all.

Rear Calipers shown in this pic w/ the fronts as well (custom mixed Candy Gold Pearl)

Axels out, rear disc conversion brackets on blah blah blah

I'll get some more updated pictures later on!

Originally posted by JPE16 View Post
                  Are you by any chance from Milton, and know Erik Metsa and Kevin Duggan?
                  Yessir, I live in Burlington, Erik lives down the road from my Mother and Father, Ive known Eric since we were kids.

you had that gunmetal bugeye on OZ's? Now have the Outback and the Datsun?

Originally posted by 07NJx355 View Post
                  fuck yeah man, that typhoon is killer! I want one so bad.
                  Buy one! The Sy/Ty market is the worst its ever been right now! you could get in to one for cheap!

Originally posted by erock View Post
                  he sure does live in milton! Nice thread ty, but give the people some more updates!!!!
                  Will do Erock! just havnt had time sirr...
                  Tyler

91' GMC Syclone - Project
                  93' GMC Typhoon - Project

Comment

Cheers to two friggen sick trucks. Always loved the Syclone!

Comment

Some updates pics so that everyone knows where the truck is currently at....

This is the fitment currently, 17x9.5 +50 Front's, 17x11 +56 Rear's on 275's and 315's

Currently awaiting new rims which should hopefully be in to my box office any day now!!

And take into consideration that i have in no way adjusted the coils yet....Moar low down the road as promised!!

It is a little bit dusty, I put it all thogether to make sure i was happy with fitment and finish of all th epaint and body work and all the aftermarket parts/ parts I made. Because we all know how some aftermarket parts can fit....

That being said the truck will be coming completely apart again soon to fix the issues I found and the areas of the truck that I wasnt 100% happy with.

Stay tuned everyone!
                      Last edited by Lophonie; 11-07-2012, 03:38 PM. Reason: grammer
                      Tyler

91' GMC Syclone - Project
                      93' GMC Typhoon - Project

Comment

what a beaut

Comment

Thats wild!

hahaha, yeah those were/are my cars!

I'm actually headed over to Erik's now!

Comment

Man this is a beautiful truck! Wish i could find one or a typhoon. I actully have a Sonoma GT looks like the syclone but no boost :/ mine also missing the body kit.

Looks great tho cant wait to see more.

Comment

Instagram @emcsquared90
                              Impala SS build "Lowering the Daily"

Comment

Absolutely badass!

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
                                Originally posted by nickskater09
                                I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

Working...
                                X