No announcement yet.

Wider than it is Long: A build thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off, props for doing this all yourself.
    Secondly, this will be awesome.
    Third, subscribed!!
    BMW E38
    That White Evo
    -SOLD
    instagram @kbuss
    flickr

Comment

AHHHH! You beat me to my own plan... But I'm glad I have some reference now, I've looked at widebody kits for my bugeye and I've just never really liked them. But I've always liked what people do with their Audi's and MK4's. It looks so aggressive, and the fitment is always spot on. And with VIP style cars, fender flares dont always mix...

This is mine,

And Im on 17x9.5 right now. But I've been wanting to bag it, and go super wide. Wanting to do something different around here and stir things up. I may be hitting you up soon for some information!

Please deliver.

Comment

that rear door line is hideous, and the "flares" dont flow with the car's body lines at all

Comment

Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
          That is sweet! The only thing I would have changes is the outer lip of the fender doesn't sit completely perpendicular to the ground ( the flare goes out and then almost appears to back in) It might make cambered wheels look a bit funny.
          Flares on my miata were the same way. It will just make the camber look less. WOn't look bad at all as long as he pokes.

Originally posted by 02wrx801 View Post
          -You beat me to my own plan...
          - I've looked at widebody kits for my bugeye and I've just never really liked them.
          -I've always liked what people do with their Audi's and MK4's.
          -VIP style cars, fender flares dont always mix...

This mine

-Im on 17x9.5 right now.
          -I've been wanting to bag it, and go super wide.
          -Wanting to do something different around here and stir things up.
          -Please deliver.
          -___- diss your build fread?
          dah fuq?
          Originally posted by mrfobbyaccent
          i'm sorreh AWWPEHH
          | 95 e36 M3-sold POS | 98 e36 M3-track rat RIP ;( | 90 NA Eunos-lookatme car |

Comment

I hope it ends up poking, that's the plan!
            I put two barrels together to test fit the rear of my car (because my lips aren't here yet) and it measured out to roughly a 18x14, and it just barely didn't fit.
            I'm not going nearly that wide, but I anticipate running huge ass spacers to get flush. Oh well!

Originally posted by Vincent123 View Post
            that rear door line is hideous, and the "flares" dont flow with the car's body lines at all
            I definitely see what your saying.
            The door line leaves a lot to be desired, but that is definitely one of the things I'm still working on.
            I didn't necessarily mean for the fenders to flow either. Fenders that jut out very aggressively, and then work their way back into the body will make the car look really really wide, which is what I want.
            The front also looks a lot better than the rear imo, but I'm still working on the rear. If the door line looks awful when it's all said and done, I'll go back and redo it for sure.

Originally posted by 02wrx801 View Post
            AHHHH! You beat me to my own plan... But I'm glad I have some reference now, I've looked at widebody kits for my bugeye and I've just never really liked them. But I've always liked what people do with their Audi's and MK4's. It looks so aggressive, and the fitment is always spot on. And with VIP style cars, fender flares dont always mix...

Please deliver.
            Definitely plan on delivering! I actually chose MK4 Jetta fenders because there were a lot of them, and the arch looks good on 18's, which is what I've decided on running. I might need to go up to 19's actually!
            Originally posted by electricalbox
            12 inches of goodness!

Comment

Hey Ryan... Get this done

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
              Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

:OOOOOOOOOOO I swoon over body work like this, DIY to an amazing extent. kudos, and carry on my friend

Comment

Damn I've always wondered how this subie was lowered. And also, wondered where in SC are you? Can't wait to see the finished product man

Comment

Wow... just wow

DSC02796 by DruMurda, on Flickr

Comment

Damn that's phat, cool skills on the bodywork too!

Comment

Damn applaud you in tackling such a project! Going to be following this one.
                        B5 AVANT BUILD

Comment

You most definitely have my attention.
                          IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

those fenders are crazy! i like!

Comment

i feel like thats a whole lot of filler on the flairs...hope they don't crack.

looks pretty sweet so far though, good luck man hope everything holds together!

Comment

I have to admit, that's pretty awesome

Go on...
                                Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

Working...
                                X