Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These are a few of my favorite things... (about being low)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always get a kick out of people's reactions in crowded areas when I drag over speedbumps. Throwing sparks is also an amazing experience.
    One of my favorite moments is when I bottomed out at 75 on the highway and my sister's friend in the back seat cried!
    IG: @OsakaFlocka

Comment

Looks a shitload better.
      When people tell you your car is lowered too much, or ask why.
      When you get asked how many inches you lowered it, lol.

Comment

I have sawblades for the sole purpose of being cheap. They aren't in the greatest shape, but I daily my car, so I'm okay with it. I also am aware of how played out sawblades are in the VW community. That being said, here in Northeast CT there are only a handful of stance enthusiasts, but many muscle car guys. I love when people are like, "I didn't know you could do that" or "It looks awesome" because in my mind my car is pretty cookie cutter, but that's what I wanted for a daily... Perfect example of the fact that it isn't played until you see it in your own neighborhood.

Comment

and speaking of corvette wheels, if there is a corvette in a parking lot I will park next to it.

I love parking next to something that makes modifications stand out. We all gravitate to parking next to the same make or model, another enthusiast, but having another car's wheels gives me more of a chance of being able to park next to something that makes me feel good about all the changes I've made and having a random person in a parking lot take notice when they go back to their car.

I am a little disappointed if I get back to my car first and the other owner is none the wiser.

I used to love when I drive my jeep somewhere and come out to 4 other lifted jeeps and two or three stockers parked in the same area as myself.

Comment

I agree with everyone here. My car has been off the road for awhile. And I really miss the stares.

Comment

the shaking heads when they hear me scraping through speedhumps or multistorey carparks i cant get in so end up reversing out of and stares when your inches from the floor slammed compared to their shit no style modern cars

go low or go home

Comment

attention, even more so since I've moved to a small town in the country where a car like mine has never even been seen before.

Rival House Garage. #allstarmotorwerke
                A Sherman Schwartz story build thread.

Comment

I was just filling up my tires with air at a gas station, two random people came by to talk to me.

One is planning on getting a passat and slamming it, and another who claims that his "boyz stance" so he had to come check out my car....

Comment

I stopped and got my haircut on Friday, and I parked my Prelude in the middle of an empty lot. Walking towards the place I get my haircut, two younger guys walked out of a pizza joint right next door and kind of walked toward me. One of them asked "Dude, is that you?" and pointed at my car. I smiled and then had a 15 minute conversation in the cold about Hondas, wheels, and sparks.
                    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                    Originally posted by Ollie
                    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Like someone else said, as much as we don't want to admit it, it's kind of an attention whore thing but in a fun way.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

I love watching people's reactions in my rear view mirror. Everyone leaning up towards the dash and angling their arms to show my wheels cambered. Then they get next to me and all gaze in awe.

Priceless.
                        BMW E38
                        That White Evo
                        -SOLD
                        instagram @kbuss
                        flickr

Comment

New one today pass a random car, that car proceeded to weave through traffic to catch up and snap a cell pic. Looking forward to see that one on Facebook soon hahah
                          B5 AVANT BUILD

Comment

I got a thumbup from a younger guy in a brandddddd newww 325 or whatever. I love the neck breaking. Or catching people looking when it parked.

Originally Posted by slammin.e28guy
                            [i]I love dressing up!

But no really, I like to look distinguished when I step out of the car. People are like, "wonder what he does for living."
                            I just reply, "your daughter, sir."

Massimo: You like the stance cars don't you?

Comment

Also people going like this with there hands / \ behind me lol yay for camber

Originally Posted by slammin.e28guy
                              [i]I love dressing up!

But no really, I like to look distinguished when I step out of the car. People are like, "wonder what he does for living."
                              I just reply, "your daughter, sir."

Massimo: You like the stance cars don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
                                Also people going like this with there hands / behind me lol yay for camber
                                lol yeah. I've seen that before.

I love passing vans full of kids with their noses pressed against the windows staring as I roll on by.

Its also fun when you see other low cars, I always throw them the thumbs up if it looks good. I was heading back home from Vermont a couple months ago when I saw a fairly low Jetta with a front mount start creeping up behind me. I slowed down so he could roll by and gave him the thumbs up because it was pretty clean. He in turn threw one back and we cruised for like 30 miles before going different directions. I always thought that was kinda cool, just cruising with random people on the highway.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Working...
                                X