Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These are a few of my favorite things... (about being low)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.
    I'm not ashamed to admit it

Comment

We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.
      Hit the nail on the head. I live for the looks. Cruising at the speed limit in the right lane on a busy highway, everyone passing, EVERY SINGLE PERSON with they're mouths wide open telling they're passengers to look. People taking pictures/videos, the arm motions for camber, everything about it. Basically feeling, no, BEING cooler than any motherfucker on the road . Especially when your cruising squad deep with other properly done cars. The random people that come up to you when your parked and start talking to you about your car. The gas attendants asking to take pictures. I could go on and on. This is the kind of shit me and my friends talk about all the time. Driving along side a car obviously trying to be low/fitted and having them gawk. yeah motherfucker, this is how it's done

Fuck yeah I'll admit I'm a materialistic attention-craving dickhead. If anyone says they're building cars for any other reason they're lying.
      sigpic

Comment

Exactly Nic!

Like when people hang out their window to take a picture :P

Comment

I love when my friends ask me why I would ever consider lowering my car. I look at them, laugh, and tell them I'm not even low.
          Because I'm not...
          Yet.
          It's like rock-crawling... in the streets...

Comment

Yup. And I'll gladly admit that I am.

I absolutely love it when people do the arm camber motion to explain it to their friends, when people smile and point at the lips of my wheels poking out from behind the car, and the slow transformation from "whaaaaaat" to "holy fuuuuuuck" with a smile on their face.

Who the hell doesn't love that?
            BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
            Originally posted by Ollie

Comment

Watching other drivers get fired up because you pulled into a parking lot too slow, went over train tracks too slow, or avoid massive potholes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolaus Pro View Post

Fuck yeah I'll admit I'm a materialistic attention-craving dickhead. If anyone says they're building cars for any other reason they're lying.
                I believe I'm on the wrong forum, then.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

when people stare at your car in admiration, sure it makes you feel good but that is definitely not why I own a cool/low car
                  S50

Comment

Originally posted by ///e36 View Post
                    when people stare at your car in admiration, sure it makes you feel good but that is definitely not why I own a cool/low car
                    This.

Well, I don't own a low car, just one with a stupidly low oil pan.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

It's also fun at night when you can look behind you and see the sheet of sparks coming from underneath your car.

And unrelated, but the exhaust on my e30 shoots flames out when you hit the redline or if you tap the gas while decelerating in gear. That is just as fun. Seeing people point at the fire, scaring people and animals with it around town, lighting up the highway at night, etc. I flew by a friend at the speed limiter once (closed roads, of course) and they called me to say my car was on fire haha.

Comment

Fire is also fun.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

My fire is inside the car, which makes it a little more intense when it happens.

Comment

All of these are spot on reasons on why i like being lowered,

For me, ill say its the reaction i get from people, like my mom, as well as other people asking "Is it supposed to be THAT low?" "OMG why would you WANT it that low??"

Another thing i like is creating a scene, when pulling onto a main road from a raised parking lot, and everyone having to stop and yield for a slammed Mini Cooper, People looking "Man, that thang rides LOW!" "What kind of car is that??"

I would say the best thing is the reaction i get from non car people, and my gf when i talk about wheels.. LOL priceless...

Comment

Looking over and random people taking pictures. Passengers leaning over drivers to look while driving. The best one damn that's low how do you drive it?
                              B5 AVANT BUILD

Comment

The coolest thing I think (being one of few, I think one of 3 Saturn Sc2's) is the scene's reaction.

"wow dude, that's cool."
                                "never seen a Saturn like that"
                                "I can't wait to see what you do with it"

Or people outside of the scene:
                                "Is...that your exhaust? out of the side of your car" ()
                                "why is it.....scraping?"
                                "is your car okay?? I just saw you scrape!"
                                "dad look, that car has a side exit. like a racecar!"

It's alot of fun to be different, I'll be going in a new direction with my little Sc in the next few months. Wheels, new suspension, etc soon to come. Pretty excited. I hope I can continue to inspire people to take the road less traveled when it comes to cars. Sometimes what isn't exactly cool, is the coolest.
                                IG: @kyle_eagleton

Comment

Working...
                                X