Some engine bay clean up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hondarida5 View Post
    Just seen the rest of the thread today, at work but will have my beauty up later.
    Word, looking forward to it
    IG: @kyle_eagleton

Comment

Another small tip- details details details.

The devil is in the details. Touch up, paint, or replace any parts that look corroded, rusty, or otherwise not new. A can of gold, silver, or black spray paint can do WONDERS for even a stock bay.

Here's how mine evolved:
      Stock (yikes)

After cleaning everything thoroughly, painting the valve cover, intake manifold, and adding a few bolt-ons:

Tearing it completely apart, tucking wires under the fenders, re-routing vacuum lines, and re-spraying the bay:

And today, after tucking more things, painting more things, and changing some things, it still has room for improvement. There really is no right or wrong, just a ton of trial and error.

Last edited by MommysLittleMonster; 11-06-2012, 02:37 PM.
      BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
      Originally posted by Ollie
      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

I'm really liking the way your bay looks man, what have you deleted?

Comment

A lot.

Cruise control, battery relocation, a ton of lines have been re-routed, wires have been re-routed- the list is too big to write out. It will be even more severe when I delete the ABS, A/C, the fuse panel, and the power steering down the line.
          BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
          Originally posted by Ollie
          We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

In a saturn especially, battery relocation frees up alot. It is easy to do properly in an hour or two if you get everything before hand.

Comment

Originally posted by herpfreaks View Post
              In a saturn especially, battery relocation frees up alot. It is easy to do properly in an hour or two if you get everything before hand.

I was looking at that the other day, guy on Facebutt showed me his bay setup that was pretty clean. I feel like I probably know you haha, or at least follow you on Instagram.

Comment

Start small, cars like mine have a majority of the wires hidden, but the problem for me is that when you have to solve any electrical gremlins its damn near impossible to find the wires you need.

Maybe get some pictures up of the bay?
                I also suggest silicone radiator hoses. They look so much better and last much longer than the stock soft rubber ones. There you get reliability and great looks all in one

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                  Start small, cars like mine have a majority of the wires hidden, but the problem for me is that when you have to solve any electrical gremlins its damn near impossible to find the wires you need.

Maybe get some pictures up of the bay?
                  I also suggest silicone radiator hoses. They look so much better and last much longer than the stock soft rubber ones. There you get reliability and great looks all in one

only picture I have. since then I have added a strut tower brace, and am getting a new intake made. excuse the missing emblem, it was on order at the time.

Comment

here ya go kale
                    Barbasol 10oz[1]
                    aaron by Jeremy King, on Flickr

Comment

sub'd for update

Comment

Some engine bay clean up

I couldnt find a section relating to the 120i engine so I could ask about exhaust systems.

Im looking for a loud exhaust on idle and drive any ideas?

Comment

I like this section. One day I'll be in here....

Comment

There is no 1-2-3 step answer. You just have to dig in and figure it out.
                            Just the best battery powered ride on toys in 2019
 year

Comment

Not just the internals, Levoit Core 300 has triple the fan reviews post from fresh up reviews intensity of old LV-H132, and as necessities be, it can cover a fundamentally more prominent space – up to 215 square feet (twofold the room consolidation of old LV-H132).

Comment

Working...
                              X