Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another damn E28 build - Southern style.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE! I got my new tires, 175-65r14's, found some bahamabeige C pillar pieces and then went down to aLaFleur's shop and we got a little crazy. Lowered the front and cut 1 and 3/4 coils and took a whole coil out of the back to bring it down a tad. Stance pics:

I'll post up more once I get some good photos on the DSLR, but now for the crazy part. The exhaust. We cut out the whole Magnaflow system because it was too quiet for my tastes. Started at the headers and did a whole janky ass straight side pipe, no cats or anything. Once we finished we found this crazy ass pipe that fit the side of the car perfectly. So on went my mummy's dick exhaust pipe.

Before wrap, ugly as hell:

After wrap, looking pretty damn saucy:

And some more shitty Instagram filtered shots of how she sits now, I need to get some real photos done.

1983 528e, 230,xxx miles, Alpine weiss. M20B25 swapped
    my tumblr.
    What the f**k is a build thread?

Comment

Car looks great minus exhaust, keep up the good work!

90 Civic Wagon Build Thread
      1989 Mustang GT

Comment

that exhaust...... no words can explain how fucking awesome it is.
        C280 Build Thread
        C43 ///AMG Build Thread
        E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

haha, we need some videos with that exhaust. Car looks great though, love that interior

How does it ride with the cut springs?
          S50

Comment

Car looks good. I like the little 14's and that exhaust is pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by black_89gt View Post
              Car looks great minus exhaust, keep up the good work!
              Thanks man! We definitely went out on a limb with the exhaust, it's not to everyone's taste.

Originally posted by SD202 View Post
              that exhaust...... no words can explain how fucking awesome it is.
              I'm coining the term "stupidly awesome" because it really is.

Originally posted by ///e36 View Post
              haha, we need some videos with that exhaust. Car looks great though, love that interior

How does it ride with the cut springs?
              It's so loud that I doubt a video will be any good without a professional mic. Haha but it was awesome till I cut them more, now it's just hella stiff which was expected though. Not bouncy at all.

Originally posted by 3EyedGoat View Post
              Car looks good. I like the little 14's and that exhaust is pretty cool.
              14's fo lyfe man. I wish they were wider though. Thanks!

my tumblr.

Comment

I loved my 14s, rode so good.

The exhaust and new height really do it for me.

Comment

I just want to get some spacers all around to get it a little more wide-set and I'd be happy.

my tumblr.

Comment

It's going to be next to impossible to get a good recording of the sound. It literally made my ears ring going down the road in it lol I love how I randomly held a piece of pipe next to the car as a joke and 15 minutes later it was welded on haha
                    IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Updates for Christmas list:

Camber kit so I can go lower without eating tires.
                      Going lower with said camber kit.
                      Grip Royal woodie.

my tumblr.

Comment

At first I was worried, but then you rallied. Looks good minus the exhaust... not my cup of tea but respect for doing something different.
                        My '66 C10 Build
                        My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

looks great with the new tires on. love the tiny wheels

IG: Nick475

Comment

About time for another update!

So I ran into another broken rocker two days ago and tried to get it out with the head still installed. Odds were not in my favor and the rocker shaft is so gnarred up that it won't move so OFF WITH HER HEAD!

I'm halfway through that at the moment but I'm going to clean all hell out of the bay and I'm painting my valve cover and intake manifold gunmetal grey to make them look alot nicer.

There probably won't be too much else going on until Christmas and I get some new fancy items. Cheers to everyone and enjoy the holidays!

my tumblr.

Comment

Saw your car today when I was checking out Heritage after a trip to pull-a-part, keep up the good work!

Comment

Thanks man! So a minor parts update, she went down for the count a few weeks ago. Diagnosis? A broken rocker. So slapped a new one on and guess what happens next. The rocker shaft started spinning and throwing all the rockers off guide. Somewhere in that mix, a few valves got bent.

After removing the head and replacing said stupid rocker shaft, I turn her over to find the bent valves. At this point the head was off again and we straight to a shop where I learned the head was also cracked, my luck right? So now, I have a used head in the mail from eBay and hopefully she'll be back on the road this time next week.

After that, she'll be lower than ever before and if we can make it work, flames will be thrown. Cheers to the New Year!

my tumblr.

Comment

Working...
                                X