No announcement yet.

96 Impala SS | lowering the daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my goodness, just read through the entire build thread, and I must say I love the new wheel, the new carpet and the new susp., sorry to hear of your fp issues, hopefully you will be able to find a cheaper solution than replacing it.

this is so refreshing to see an impala ss go low and not high, can't wait to see it all buttoned up!

Comment

• Originally posted by milano_red View Post
      315's will look sick!
      Yea agreed, i'll start planning all that out when tax return time rolls around

Originally posted by sally pu View Post
      my goodness, just read through the entire build thread, and I must say I love the new wheel, the new carpet and the new susp., sorry to hear of your fp issues, hopefully you will be able to find a cheaper solution than replacing it.

this is so refreshing to see an impala ss go low and not high, can't wait to see it all buttoned up!
      Replacing it will cost me ~$49 so i made it off easy this time. And this is really part 1 of a 2 part build. EVENTUALLY (a couple years from now) I'll be taking it all apart and doing a frame off rebuild. But i'm glad you're enjoying this part 1 build
      Instagram @emcsquared90
      Impala SS build "Lowering the Daily"

Comment

• I really love these Impalas, looks amazing!

/ BMW e91 320dA / Volvo 945 Turbo
        / Ocean Caribien 19xStaggered / Work VS-S5 17xStaggered

Comment

• Originally posted by thefuzz View Post
          I really love these Impalas, looks amazing!
          thanks!
          Instagram @emcsquared90

Comment

• I'll do a full update on this eventually but for now i'll leave this video:

My friend is the one narrating and i'm in the driver's seat
            [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYJDM6bGExA"]Fuel Pump Test - YouTube[/ame]
            Instagram @emcsquared90

Comment

• My friends and family all think I'm weird for liking these cars. But for some reason this model Impala SS is awesome to me. I think it's how long, low, and wide it is.
              Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
              check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

• glad to see it was only the pump! Mine did that one day while driving and it was also the pump! lol
                IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Originally posted by GTOguy View Post
                  My friends and family all think I'm weird for liking these cars. But for some reason this model Impala SS is awesome to me. I think it's how long, low, and wide it is.
                  It's definitely a love or **** it car, but i'm glad there's at least one more SS guy out there

Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
                  glad to see it was only the pump! Mine did that one day while driving and it was also the pump! lol
                  Yea my fuel level sensor on the sending unit broke, so i had an empty tank even though it said I had a 1/4 tank. So of course it runs out, and doing that caused the pump to overheat and break and the car to not work. Now that's all fixed so hopefully I can safely trust the level sensor and not run out of fuel again lol
                  Instagram @emcsquared90

Comment

• Ok guys it's been awhile since my last update, so i'll try and bring everyone up to speed with what happened. As you know my car was grounded, bad fuel pump. Here's some pics I took from that whole ordeal:

Worst part was laying on all those rocks!

While the fuel pump was down I took the time to paint the metal straps that hold it in place:

Here's a picture of the new sending unit installed into the tank:

Lastly, here's a photoshopped pic of my car with a 26 inch wheel on the back. When it's a crappy cell pic, it freaked out a LOT of people lol
                    Instagram @emcsquared90

Comment

• So my next update is in regards to the new spoiler i purchased. Fiberglass (not the greatest). It had its fair share of bad paint spots and as I came to find out, a bend in the middle that would need body filled.

So I took it to Rick's Kustoms in Kokomo, he's always done extremely nice work for me:

Eventually I got the spoiler back, MINT condition. Absolutely beautiful! However, the holes for the spoiler didn't match the ones that came from the factory. So I drilled new holes and sealed them off with rubber sealent around a couple of rubber washers:

3M Tape all around the inside

On the aSS

Old vs New
                      Instagram @emcsquared90

Comment

• Now it's time to do some painting of my own! I have a friend who wanted his caprice tails to be converted to SS tails. Easy enough, just paint the chrome strip black!

I made sure to scotch brite the strips before paints:

Final result:

I also was able to paint the trim piece that goes around my center console:
                        Last edited by SuperSport; 02-08-2013, 09:12 AM.
                        Instagram @emcsquared90

Comment

• Now my latest news is in regards to my rear lighting. My sequential tail lights show kit from Jerry's Electronics finally came in! I was also able to fix my LED third brake light that a friend had made for me awhile back. I got this crazy idea that I thought would be cool to have the third brake light blink three or so times when hitting the brake, like a lot of new Chrysler's or Porches do.

Here's the LED light:

And the blinker module:

It's not programmed yet. That should be done this weekend, so for now i'll just leave you hanging a little bit . However, I also replaced some oil cooler lines so i have a few more pics of that as well as a video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meuuyGAGGyc"]Oil Leak Test | New Lines - YouTube[/ame]

And no those aren't white pants lol, just bad exposure on light jeans.
                          Instagram @emcsquared90

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperSport View Post
                            I use my ramps the same way most of the time.

Comment

• lol in this case i was using it as more of a safety device... just in case
                              Instagram @emcsquared90

Comment

• It's been awhile since my last update, and there's a good reason for it. There's been a lot of work done to the car, and not for FORM. In this case, it's all about FUNCTION!

I bought a 2800 stall 9.5" Vigilante Torque Converter, and Motive 3.73 gears! To make it all work I also needed a new ABS reluctor and OEM posi unit install kit.

I had them replace the rear main seal on the motor, a common issue with LT1's.

Tranny's out, old TC is off, and new TC is on! Time to reinstall.

Now it's time for gears, axles go out, posi unit removed, ect.

First drive after everything is installed...
                                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgnCVpk0HfY"]2800 Stall Vigilante 9.5" TC & 3.73 Gears First Drive Leaving Shop - YouTube[/ame]

Stock TC vs Aftermarket TC:
                                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLG1btwg3iE"]Stock TC Rev Test - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF2Nbj7kw1M"]Vigilante 9.5" Torque Converter Rev Test - YouTube[/ame]

Did a launch test with a passenger to see how it would go. It needs a tune bad, would've kept spinning but it early shifted to second (you can hear) and then hit the rev limiter a little early... Once it's tuned i'll make another.
                                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuaE4n4AVYg"]Test Launch (UNTUNED) - YouTube[/ame]
                                Instagram @emcsquared90

Comment

Working...
                                X