96 Impala SS | lowering the daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
    Thank you for coming on here and actually knowing what you're talking about. Your car look ridiculously clean. Looking forward to seeing where you go with it from here!
    Thanks man! And i'm no expert, that's why i'm here! To learn about proper fitment and styling. Mixing the form with the performance. I've got a great start, and i'm learning more everyday. My current major is motorsports engineering, so this is definitely my thing
    Instagram @emcsquared90
    Impala SS build "Lowering the Daily"

Comment

zr1 wheels now! 18x9.5 and 18x12 i think they are!
      IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Moar Low LOL.Nice car, ready to see it when your finally done with fitment!

So you Fancy Huh!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
          zr1 wheels now! 18x9.5 and 18x12 i think they are!
          I've been looking into it, my dad just bought ZR1 replicas for his '85 vette (road course ready). I love them, but they set him back a grand, which is cheap for those. I just don't have that kinda cash right now. Still looking though!

Originally posted by hondarida5 View Post
          Moar Low LOL.Nice car, ready to see it when your finally done with fitment!
          haha if I could go lower I would, trust me! Problem is with the front wheel wells on, you can't go much lower than what I already have. I'll need to tub out the front to get the real fitment I need on this car
          Instagram @emcsquared90

Comment

More or less this is what it looked like. I know the owner of the car Austin was there every event. I missed the first few due to some girlfriend requests...

It's on black chrome Rota DPT's

Comment

Nice 7th gen impala, the last of the RWD. i havent seen one slammed, cant wait!
              Soli Deo Gloria

Comment

Originally posted by brum View Post
                More or less this is what it looked like. I know the owner of the car Austin was there every event. I missed the first few due to some girlfriend requests...

It's on black chrome Rota DPT's
                I'm sure i've seen that one at least once, Subarus tend to be a hit at the SCCA events though so it's hard to remember them all. You should be seeing me a lot more next season, i'll actually be registering and attending the majority of the solo events.

Originally posted by BlueJ_Fish View Post
                Nice 7th gen impala, the last of the RWD. i havent seen one slammed, cant wait!
                Thanks!
                Instagram @emcsquared90

Comment

You'll catch us next year at the top of the PAX results every event lol. We have a set of Ohlins ready to go on but think we'll be getting some custom valved AST's for next year...then proceed to hopefully win STU at some national events.

Comment

^^I'll keep an eye out for ya!

I've started to get prepared for next track season already by getting new tires. Had my SS fitted with 275/40r17 Nitto NT555 Extreme ZR tires. Just from driving it home, I can already tell a HUGE difference in traction through corners. The smaller sidewall size gives me a little better steering bite feel with my custom alignment. Can't wait to take them out and really see what they can do!
                    Before they were on the car. Notice my car in the background, with the HUGE amount of travel up front.

My friend commented "It's amazing how wide the tires look BEFORE they're on the car"... he's not wrong haha

The size of the tire is smaller than the one previous one so I had some more fender well gap, which allowed me to put the fender trim back on. Also gives me room to lower the car up front even more!
                    Last edited by SuperSport; 10-29-2012, 08:23 PM.
                    Instagram @emcsquared90

Comment

I clicked on this thread expecting to see 3" of lift and 24's, I'm so relieved. These are one of my favorite cars, you're going in the perfect direction with it too. I'm hoping to flip my Volvo and have one for the spring, I'm trying to do a VIP build.

Comment

Originally posted by troopah View Post
                        I clicked on this thread expecting to see 3" of lift and 24's, I'm so relieved. These are one of my favorite cars, you're going in the perfect direction with it too. I'm hoping to flip my Volvo and have one for the spring, I'm trying to do a VIP build.
                        hahaha trust me I can understand your concern. There are too many of these cars being turned into the "donk" style, which is definitely not my thing. I appreciate the compliment! I'm doing my best to match form with function, turning into a time attach 4 door beaSSt!
                        Instagram @emcsquared90

Comment

Actually if you're in the Motorsports Engineering, you might know some of the guys including Austin, whose car that is. Do you know Shahab, curly haired guy?

Come on down to Walesboro on Sunday if you want, last autox fun event of the year.

Comment

sick car dude,i have a buddy that has a regal that he takes to the track

Instagram:CHUBSTER_CRUZE

Comment

Originally posted by brum View Post
                              Actually if you're in the Motorsports Engineering, you might know some of the guys including Austin, whose car that is. Do you know Shahab, curly haired guy?

Come on down to Walesboro on Sunday if you want, last autox fun event of the year.
                              Walesboro is about two hours from where I'm at right now (i commute down to indy) but if I can get sunday off work I'll try and head that direction. I wanna test out these new tires too

Originally posted by BurNs760 View Post
                              sick car dude,i have a buddy that has a regal that he takes to the track
                              thanks! does he have any videos?
                              Instagram @emcsquared90

Comment

This will be sick! I've thought about slamming one and swapping the auto for a manual.

Sent from Zee iPhone

Comment

Working...
                                X