BBS Centercap dilemma (Style 19's)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBS Centercap dilemma (Style 19's)

I'm in the process of getting my Style 19's refinished, and am wondering the best way to go about removing the BMW cap from the original lug cover.

I already know what size BBS cap to order, and that I'll have to break the pins off and epoxy it in, I just don't want to destroy my lug cover trying to get these emblems out.

Part in reference:

Any help SW? Got any tricks to getting these suckers out?

Stick a tiny screwdriver in the edge and pry it up a bit, then grab it with some vice grips and yank it out.

Comment

^As he said, that is the simplest way. I'm waiting on a set of Style 19s to come in and was wondering what size BBS centers do you have to order? It's 70mm, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
        Stick a tiny screwdriver in the edge and pry it up a bit, then grab it with some vice grips and yank it out.
        Awesome! Thanks a ton!

Originally posted by iGreek View Post
        ^As he said, that is the simplest way. I'm waiting on a set of Style 19s to come in and was wondering what size BBS centers do you have to order? It's 70mm, right?
        Correct! Apparently the 70mm BBS emblems have 3 prongs on the backs of them that need to be broken off, then they can just be stuck in with glue/epoxy

Comment

Working...
        X