Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1978 Porsche 924 // Improvement on its way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, hurried up with my office work and spent some time in the workshop.
    Only a little progress though, but at least there's something finished.

Today I picked up these wheel arches.
    I might need them in the future, since I wanna use wider wheels.
    About 2" wider, to be precise.
    They will need some treatment to fit.
    But this will happen much later during this (damn slow) build.

As mentioned, I got my bumper back.
    Looks like work in progress now but it's almost finished.
    Only a little sanding needed, some filler and it's done.
    Test fitted the white indicators again.
    Love the much cleaner look.

And yes, there's something finished.
    Something quite tiny though, but finished.
    The connection rods between wishbone and stabilizer are ready to be used.
    Added a stainless steel nut and washer, that's it.

Since I'm still undecided which colour it'll be, I was playing around with some stuff.
    Maybe I should go for the Harlekin look from VW?

My 1978 Porsche 924 build thread is quite boring.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

STRLW // Photography focused on vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by forloveandglory View Post
      Maybe I should go for the Harlekin look from VW?
      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s"]Darth Vader NO! - YouTube[/ame]

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Comment

I love these things! I will be watching.

Comment

interesting build. definitely needs the spoiler on the back though. looks really weird missing that body line

Comment

Originally posted by padraigmk3 View Post
              If it were me, I've always wanted to see one slammed with a Strosek wide body kit
              I'm not sure about the Strosek version. There are a few conversions I like, but most of them are just not right. Furthermore there's really one thing that bothers me about the trunklid. The Trannies regularly have a proper trunk and the Strosek thingy really destroys this point in a way. But who knows, whenever I get one for a reasonable price I won't be able to resist anyway.

Originally posted by Forty-six and 2 View Post
              I love these things! I will be watching.
              It won't keep up with your great metal work skills, but I'll try my very best.

Originally posted by C-Hutch View Post
              interesting build. definitely needs the spoiler on the back though. looks really weird missing that body line
              Yeah, I'm still undecided, let's see how it'll be in the end.

Tomorrow I'll be in the workshop to get more things done.
              Hope to have it standing on its wheels next weekend.

Comment

Man I wish you were somewhere around me! I always wanted one of these, and would definitely widen it. These with a metal factory line wide body are on my dream list.

Comment

Originally posted by forloveandglory View Post
                  I'm not sure about the Strosek version. There are a few conversions I like, but most of them are just not right. Furthermore there's really one thing that bothers me about the trunklid. The Trannies regularly have a proper trunk and the Strosek thingy really destroys this point in a way. But who knows, whenever I get one for a reasonable price I won't be able to resist anyway.
                  I can see your point about the Strosek hatch (or lack thereof) deviating too far from how the original looks. I suppose it would be my preference. I think the Strosek design could be a nice inspiration for a rubber-less rear bumper, I think you mentioned wanting to shave yours in a previous post.

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

Originally posted by Forty-six and 2 View Post
                    Man I wish you were somewhere around me! I always wanted one of these, and would definitely widen it. These with a metal factory line wide body are on my dream list.
                    Some 20 years ago somebody took a bodykit made of glasfiber.
                    So there's no metal left at the arches, therefore it's already really wide compared to a stock model.
                    Keep in mind there are 9x15 ET-19 wheels with huge spacers in the back right now.
                    But you're right, doing that in metal would have been really great.
                    Though the 924 shape hasn't got such characteristic lines as the 944.
                    So my ride is a mix of 924 and 944 details. Makes it more ... eerrrrrr ... let's call it special.

Originally posted by padraigmk3 View Post
                    I can see your point about the Strosek hatch (or lack thereof) deviating too far from how the original looks. I suppose it would be my preference. I think the Strosek design could be a nice inspiration for a rubber-less rear bumper, I think you mentioned wanting to shave yours in a previous post.
                    You're right, I mentioned that and it's a great inspiration without any doubt. So thanks for that.

Comment

The car looks a litlle bit pale, at least in pictures. If it would be red as the shock springs in the pictures above, it would look better (my opinnion only)
                      Mushrooms in my head..

Comment

It's dusty and dirty. It's bright red.
                        But i'tll get some new colour next spring.

Comment

Today I cleaned all the bits and pieces to be ready next week.
                          Furthermore I assembled the suspension strut.
                          Still not on its wheels, but I'm getting closer finally.

I'm already afraid, I want some real coilovers in the near future.
                          These things are damn expensive for this car. (Arround $ 2,300.)

While redrilling the holes for the splint pins in the stabilizer I wasted a couple of drillers.
                          Maybe I should learn to be more patient.

Comment

Today I just wanted to paint stuff like the wishbones, dust covers and some more pieces with POR15.
                            But it dried pretty fast (didn't remember that) so I couldn't resist to finish a little more.
                            Now the passenger's side is almost ready.
                            Can't wait to see if it really gets lower or I just burnt some money by not buying the H&R coilovers.

Sorry for the blurry photos, there will be some better images coming up, when I finish the front.

Comment

Oh, and now the break calipers look like crap.
                              But I need some things left to improve at a later point of this build.
                              I really wanna have better break calipers and need to find out what else fits.

Comment

This is gonna look so cool! I love it when people modify older cars.

Originally posted by TRaNz
                                yeee, coz RainbowDash is the bestest. its fun combing its hair and tail isnt it? =P
                                Originally posted by TRaNz
                                They had an Accord Euro meet.....had to show face and you know.....win some respect....and gain exp points to unlock a new sector along with tier 3 vinyl and decals. =D

Comment

Working...
                                X