Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1978 Porsche 924 // Improvement on its way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks.

Direct comparison front view
    When I bought it

Now

My 1978 Porsche 924 build thread is quite boring.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

STRLW // Photography focused on vehicles

Comment

Man that looks great! and you can just use some Golf MK1 coils?
      Automotive+Lifestyle

Comment

Originally posted by GertjanVW View Post
        Man that looks great! and you can just use some Golf MK1 coils?
        Thanks. Yes, exactly.
        * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Comment

Looks awesome!

How is your balljoints doing? In 944/924's they have a tend to break when the car i lowered alot.. I check mine regularly, and change them once a year. For the type 1 suspension (steel arms), they cost 15$ pr piece. The balljoint is the same as the vw rabbit used up to 82 (or some place around that year)

Any plans for the rear setup?

Looking forward to follow your thread

- 1983 Porsche 944 Turbo Clubsport
          x 1990 Porsche 944 Turbo S
          x 1982 Porsche 944 Cup

Comment

it looks good,

but now to me the wheels look too small
            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by Rannem View Post
              Looks awesome!

How is your balljoints doing? In 944/924's they have a tend to break when the car i lowered alot.. I check mine regularly, and change them once a year. For the type 1 suspension (steel arms), they cost 15$ pr piece. The balljoint is the same as the vw rabbit used up to 82 (or some place around that year)

Any plans for the rear setup?

Looking forward to follow your thread
              I know there are a lot's of VW/Audi parts used for the 924/44. The control arms were still used for the Corrado. Actually I haven't checked the whole set up correctly yet.

The car won't be a daily driver anyway and maybe I can find some parts that are stronger. The 924board is a quite good source for knowledge if you're willing to read through a hell of a lot of information.

The rear will be lowered next to get the car straight. Polybushes and some other fancy stuff will be added as well of course. But I won't go for coilovers on the rear axle.

Originally posted by P78 View Post
              it looks good,

but now to me the wheels look too small
              You're right. Let's see what I can do about that. The old Audi pcd is limiting the possibilities, but something will happen sooner or later. Probably later.

Comment

old audi so 4x108?

http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeige...125?ref=search
                Last edited by P78; 03-11-2013, 05:15 AM.
                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Haha, yes it's 4x108.
                  Let's see what happens.
                  I've got some ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by forloveandglory View Post
                    I know there are a lot's of VW/Audi parts used for the 924/44. The control arms were still used for the Corrado. Actually I haven't checked the whole set up correctly yet.

The car won't be a daily driver anyway and maybe I can find some parts that are stronger. The 924board is a quite good source for knowledge if you're willing to read through a hell of a lot of information.

The rear will be lowered next to get the car straight. Polybushes and some other fancy stuff will be added as well of course. But I won't go for coilovers on the rear axle.
                    Yup, i got mine reinforced. Im going to swap the alu arms out for steel ones. Might not be necessary, but its a neat upgrade

Came out like this, need paint though..

You should check out www.forums.rennlist.com Tons of info on 924/944/951/968, which share the same platform.

So i guess you are going to reindex the torsion bars? If you need a guide, I have some info i can send you Send me a PM with your email if you are interested.

And when you are in there, its a good opportunity to go for a stiffer torsion bare. Think 951 ones should fit

x 1982 Porsche 944 Cup

Comment

Since my 924 is an early model, my control arms need an additional piece for the anti roll bar. Mine still has connection rods. But the reinforcement looks good, maybe I'll add that later as well.

For now I'll keep my torsion bars. Maybe I can find a part number on them, because my car got some updates by a previous owner. For example I've got the larger anti roll bar in already.

Thanks for the good advice.

Comment

Originally posted by forloveandglory View Post
                        Since my 924 is an early model, my control arms need an additional piece for the anti roll bar. Mine still has connection rods. But the reinforcement looks good, maybe I'll add that later as well.

For now I'll keep my torsion bars. Maybe I can find a part number on them, because my car got some updates by a previous owner. For example I've got the larger anti roll bar in already.

Thanks for the good advice.
                        Understandable

But you still ned to open the torsion bar housing to lower the rear. Which also means you have to reindex them

x 1982 Porsche 944 Cup

Comment

I know.

Comment

nice project !

For this low you need bigger wheels, for bigger wheels you need bigger calipers and disks, for that you need 5x130 hubs, for that, you need my OZ wheels :P

i see there are a few 924/944 guys on this forum too, thats nice !
                            PORSCHE turbo

Comment

Great project! Not the biggest fan of this kind of Porche, but you are slowly changing my mind
                              sigpic

Le Bimmer

Comment

news?
                                PORSCHE turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X