Low & Wide Hyundai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 06tiburonofdoom View Post
    Well I just messed around with it for a couple of hours. I went through TONS of washers to find the right sizes, because it has to be absolutely perfect in there, otherwise you're either grinding trailing arm or eating fender.
    I did take a grinder to the trailing arm that was rubbing to give a tiny bit more clearance, then I still had to space that wheel out a little more. I tried doing a small newspaper pull, but I was getting way too irritated to take my time, so I just said screw it. So I just sat it down and drove it. It had quite a bit of rubbing at first, accompanied by a stream of smoke from the tires, but it eventually got back to about how it was with the 9.5s, rubbing-wise. I would say that more fender work would be nice, but we'll see how this works for now.
    Doing work!

Comment

Well I just messed around with it for a couple of hours. I went through TONS of washers to find the right sizes, because it has to be absolutely perfect in there, otherwise you're either grinding trailing arm or eating fender.
      I did take a grinder to the trailing arm that was rubbing to give a tiny bit more clearance, then I still had to space that wheel out a little more. I tried doing a small newspaper pull, but I was getting way too irritated to take my time, so I just said screw it. So I just sat it down and drove it. It had quite a bit of rubbing at first, accompanied by a stream of smoke from the tires, but it eventually got back to about how it was with the 9.5s, rubbing-wise. I would say that more fender work would be nice, but we'll see how this works for now.
      You have that nice ass roller. Do work!

Looking great thus far man. Maybe I'll try and stance my Tib instead of doing an e30 project.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
        lol, sounds like a mission haha
        Haha, it was, indeed! A mission for no grinding...

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
        Doing work!
        Yeah! The tires weren't to happy about it, though. Especially the passenger one. I was just eating away at BRAND NEW $280 tires... What a fool I am.

Originally posted by WhiteStripes View Post
        You have that nice ass roller. Do work!

Looking great thus far man. Maybe I'll try and stance my Tib instead of doing an e30 project.
        Haha, I might have to whip the roller back out. Stancing ol' blue has definitely been fun for me! You can't go wrong with either choice, though.

Civic Build

1992 Civic VX - 1996 Miata - 1986 944 Turbo - 1988.5 Samurai - 2006 Tiburon GT

Comment

• Work. You haz done it.
          Originally posted by da3bous
          I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

• Wow, never thought I would say this. Nice Hyundai looks so dope
            Swinford-Hypnotyzd : Dirty South-Swinny

| Hypnotyzd FB |Tischer BMW|

Comment

• Thanks, guys! I really appreciate the great feedback!

Civic Build

Comment

• Here's some pics from today. I did a little editing for the first time. Woo! Haha
                Everywhere I upload pics to rapes the quality. Oh well! Enjoy.

Civic Build

Comment

• Freaken sick pics man, I love ur car it looks great, need to show my buddy ur car, he also has a tib but I think he got a lemon he just had bad luck lol. Is that ur house in those pics?

Comment

• Looking great. Can't wait to see the front spaced out a little more to match the rear.

Comment

• Pics look good, car looks great, but yea now the front needs help lol

Comment

• Originally posted by AccordKnight View Post
                        Freaken sick pics man, I love ur car it looks great, need to show my buddy ur car, he also has a tib but I think he got a lemon he just had bad luck lol. Is that ur house in those pics?
                        Thanks alot! That house is actually my grandparents'. They own my neighborhood.

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
                        Looking great. Can't wait to see the front spaced out a little more to match the rear.
                        Thanks! Yeah, I really need to get those adapters on.

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                        Pics look good, car looks great, but yea now the front needs help lol
                        Thank you!
                        I guess I either need to get shorter studs or grind the stock ones down a little to make the adapters work, because there's not enough space on the back of my wheel for the factory studs to fit into. Any suggestions?

Civic Build

Comment

Thanks alot! That house is actually my grandparents'. They own my neighborhood.
                          God damn.

Comment

• Haha, it's not a huge neighborhood, really. It's a 40 acre private gated community thing. There's only like 7 houses all together.

Civic Build

Comment

• fuck me sideways that looks awsome. you did a fantastic job there

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

• Thanks alot! I really appreciate it.

Civic Build

Comment

Working...
                                X