No announcement yet.

An Uncommon Stance: 2005 Hyundai Elantra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe. but i want my front lip .5-1" off the ground, and without crazy camber i cant do that....

1996 Cadillac Deville Build Thread

Lancer Build Thread

Elantra Build Thread [car is no more ]

Comment

I don't mean to dash your hopes and dreams, but that's pretty much impossible. My front bumper is 3+ish inches off the ground and this is what it looks like underneath:

My brother has an Elantra and I'm pretty certain its the same underneath. You'd literally be sitting on the ground.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

haha no hopes and dreams were dashed, they will just have to revised to achieve correct lowness. my front lip is like 3-4" off the ground currently, and my frame sits above that, the only thing that might be on the ground is my tow hooks, and i can scrape those off, no biggie, i can weld/drill in a place for an aftermarket tow hook somewhere if i need to.

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

I have to admit, 17's do look the best on our cars. Our lower rad support and oil pan and tranny are pretty much at the same level as each other, and the tow hooks are just about an inch lower than the lower rad support. If you can manage getting that low without your LCA's smacking the ground, you would need a really beefy skid plate or its RIP beta2.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Forgot to mention, if you want to stay OEM looking and look as low as you really are, invest in the KDM side skirts.

From what I have heard, they sit pretty flush with our ugly exposed frame rails, if not 1mm or so lower.

I still think if anyone can pull this off, its you.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
              Forgot to mention, if you want to stay OEM looking and look as low as you really are, invest in the KDM side skirts.

From what I have heard, they sit pretty flush with our ugly exposed frame rails, if not 1mm or so lower.

I still think if anyone can pull this off, its you.
              now that i know they dont sit super low i might. i was afraid they might sit lower than the frame rails....hmmmm. and thanks i appreciate it =D

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

I have a 03 hyundai elantra on k-sport coils with 16x7 work cr-kai's. Ill try to post up a thrread tomorrow after school. Nice to know im not the only one trying to stance a elantra! haha

Comment

nice. you have the expensive coils, haha i have no money, so i bought the racelands. but they ride pretty damn good for the price.

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

So... update/some more questions for the forum....i havent found any wheels, but ive made progress on the money front. ive got $190 saved up so far, and i have a desktop PC that i can probably sell for about $200-$300 on craigslist, so ill have around $4-$500 towards that. and i think im definitely leaning towards the XXR 532s more than the diamond racing wheels. i like them, but if i can get the XXRs for cheaper, and i like the fact that they have an actual design/spoke pattern instead of just being widened, dished steelies.

Also, im debating if i should shave my front bumpers sidemarkers...i dont know how expensive a project it would be. plus i really dont have a garage to do it in....i would be doing it in my apartment...which isnt too ventilated so im thinking thats probably not the best plan, and if i did do it i wouldnt have the money to get the bumper repainted, i dont know if rattlecanning it would look like shit or not.

feel free to respond with tips/answers/stories.

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

I'll be watching this. I have a set of mesh wheels that I'd sell ya for cheap, buy adapters and BAM instant classy understated look, lol. But seriously I think to start with xxr's or steelies are the right direction, cheap and easy to replace if damaged. I want more pictures tho.
                      The hillbilly equivalent of a nasa substation worker.
                      Originally posted by Dubway5887
                      I felt bad for that dude. Of all places for a sink to be at a car show... Maybe sink holes like car shows like tornado's like trailer parks?

Comment

White steelies always look good on black cars

Comment

yeah idk. i think ill start off with the XXRs, theyre cheaper by 10 (oooh so much savings...) and then if i really crave the steelies, ill sell the XXRs. but the wheels will literally sit in my room once i buy them cause ill be out of money again, so i wont have tires lol.

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

Steelies are so played out imo, leave them to all the honda kids lurking around orlando haha. The xxr's will look really nice in a 16 or 17, do you have any idea on size/offset yet?
                            IG/TWITTER @alloydhiggins

sigpic

Comment

haha yeah i know they are a little played out. I'm getting the 15"x8" XXR 532s with the 20mm offset. the 0mm would poke like crazy. the 20 will allow me to play with the offset with spacers if they dont sit the way i want. id rather have less poke and be able to add more, than have too much and not be able to remove it. It would be interesting (later on once i get more cash) to put chromed/polished silver lips, and leave the centers Flat Gold.

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

So i went to the Enjuku Meet down here in FL and my friend Roberto took some rolling shots as we tootled down the highway at like 90mph cause florida drivers are fucking crazy.

falling behind at 90mph on the highway...lol

cruisin along....

off to the Enjuku Meet

cruisin 2

and there's me smiling like a fucking two year old. i was super jazzed, and my hair likes too poof up when my windows are open.

cruisin.
                                Last edited by ryanjblajda; 09-06-2012, 01:23 PM.

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X