somewhat cheap ways to lower an e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• somewhat cheap ways to lower an e30

i might be getting an e30 soon and if i do ill have about $6-800 to spend on coils, are there any coils i can buy to lower it that wont ride like shit for that much? or do any of you guys have a nice used set? thanks

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
    i might be getting an e30 soon and if i do ill have about $6-800 to spend on coils, are there any coils i can buy to lower it that wont ride like shit for that much? or do any of you guys have a nice used set? thanks
    from my research the cheapest kits are gonna run you around $800 which IMO at that point you can put together a bag over kit for just a few hundred more
    http://www.facebook.com/parkhard

www.hardparkergarage.com

Comment

Originally posted by matt@hardparkergarage.com View Post
      from my research the cheapest kits are gonna run you around $800 which IMO at that point you can put together a bag over kit for just a few hundred more
      really where? i've have not seen any bag kits for close to that.

OP: how low do you want to go?

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
      Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

Originally posted by evilstar View Post
        really where? i've have not seen any bag kits for close to that.

OP: how low do you want to go?
        pretty low, the car is gonna have 15" wheels on it and i dont want much fender gap, if any

and i dont wanna run bags, but thanks for the suggestion

Comment

cut the springs....

my pictures on FLICKR

Comment

Originally posted by odie View Post
            cut the springs....
            Or he could not be a hack and do it the right way.
            BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
            Originally posted by Ollie
            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Originally posted by odie View Post
              cut the springs....
              Matter of fact, just take the springs out. Who needs those anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                Or he could not be a hack and do it the right way.
                yeah i did the cut springs thing once and thought to myself "it cant be THAT bad" but it was haha, so i wont be doing that again

Comment

800 puts you dead in the middle of cheap shit and quality stuff.

Jom or nex for cheap and BWS, Ast, Gc, tCKline for quality stuff

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

You could always go with a used H&R race/Bilstein Sport setup. I picked my set up used for $500 shipped. It's not as low as some guys go with coilovers, but it's cheap and pretty low and the ride quality is excellent.
                    <Imagine a cool photo of a white 98 M3 sedan sitting low on staggered DS2's here>

Comment

if i was to use the ground control coilovers what shocks/struts could i run that wouldnt be outrageously expensive? i really dont wanna pay $550 for koni yellows, and will i need only the GC's and shocks/struts to lower it? or do i have to buy camber plates and all that too? and can anybody walk me through the install on the front? im still a bit confused at what i have to do since this is my first e30 and ive never really had it apart yet

also, would the GC's get the car pretty low? im gonna be running 15's and i dont want fender gap and/or monster truck tires either haha
                      Last edited by 1988montecarloss; 08-30-2012, 07:05 PM.

Comment

if i was to use the ground control coilovers what shocks/struts could i run that wouldnt be outrageously expensive? i really dont wanna pay $550 for koni yellows, and will i need only the GC's and shocks/struts to lower it? or do i have to buy camber plates and all that too? and can anybody walk me through the install on the front? im still a bit confused at what i have to do since this is my first e30 and ive never really had it apart yet

also, would the GC's get the car pretty low? im gonna be running 15's and i dont want fender gap and/or monster truck tires either haha
                        anybody?

Comment

There are three steps to doing this properly.

1 remove spring
                          2 cut out bump stops
                          3 profit
                          Yes, profit is a real step, baters gonna bate.
                          gives you a ride quality unmatched by any company out there(seriously!)

You could also just run without shocks too, its what real JDM priuses and other fast cars do.
                          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mr-UgWr8-s"]Car without rear shocks - YouTube[/ame]

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

JDM prius? damn i gotta get one of those

Comment

This is my first post on here but I am very active on r3v. What I have found is a great setup for cheap is to get a set of used Billy sports, around $250, and a used set of ie3 or H&R race springs. Cut two coils in the front and remove the spring pads front and rear. If you get a late model car with low arches you will be tucking wheel in the rear and almost in the front. The ride is firm but very stable and handles great. I have also had success with running e36 coilover sleeves, about $150. Minimal fabrication in the rear and you get really low. The spring rates are actually perfect for the e30, 350 front and 450 rear. Whatever you do, do not go cheap on struts, its not the springs that give the shitty ride, its blown struts. Many have had success running camaro rear shocks, kyb gas adjust seem to work the best. There are several options for shorter strut inserts if you do not mind shortening your strut housings, i.e. ix struts, g60, and MR2.

Comment

Working...
                              X