No announcement yet.

My EBP Turbo Galant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drove her to work today to enjoy the nice weather. Put it up on the lift at lunch and find the lower left ball joint has a bit of play.

Ordered control arms from Rockauto right away! lol.

Peep the build!

Comment

Way to start bone stock and completely change the car. You're pretty quick and clean now! Haven't really seen a Galant built up, so props to that.
      The only thing lower than my standards is my truck.

Build thread!!!

Comment

Couple pics from this weekends JDMChicago Season Finale meet.

Peep the build!

Comment

Really nice!
          Mint green Mk2 build
          Daily 190E build

Comment

Looking at this now makes want this gen Gallant.Definitely love what you've done here, I would strip the paint on the wheels and polish the faces, definitely legit none-the-less!
            sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

Thank you. I have been playing around on what i should do with the wheels for next season. I was thinking painting the faces Graphite Grey Pearl from the EVO. I've always been curious as to how the contrast would look. Tomorrow, I will start another round of wetsanding. I feel I could get the paint smoother.

Peep the build!

Comment

man - just letting you know I've loved your car for a while now - keep the updates coming! very much looking forward to more pics.

when I was younger in Hong Kong - this gen galant vr-4 was just about the coolest car I've ever seen along w the Legnum VR-4 and evo5. Its a shame Mitsubishi sent the US market such underglorified crap for so long - really sad to see how these cars were treated in the US. I think Mitsu is still def paying for it now - so hopefully their lesson is learned.

The front end just looks like a mean bull ready to kill - keep it up!
                91 DiamondSchwartzMetallic S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Euro E30, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                ig @rudestance / @renownusa

Comment

Shes far from done so I definitely will keep up with the progress.

Comment

Holy fuck. That escalated quickly.

Car looks fantastic, I like the paint color you chose. Also, the GST wheels and meaty tires look actually looked pretty badass too.
                    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                    Originally posted by Ollie
                    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

paint color really turned it up a notch
                      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

All that came to mind when I saw the paint reveal photos was "wow". This car looks great!

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

My very first car was a Galant. Great work you've done here, it makes me want to buy another and have a go at it. Keep it up!
                          Instagram - @laneraymond

Everything you've heard about me is true.

Comment

Thank you all for all the nice words.

Well, I started round 2 of the wetsanding. When i got the car back the first time, It looked a lot better but it still looked like a Florida orange. I got sick of it so I decided to take matters into my own hands.

I don't let anyone else touch the car so it took a lot of me to drop it off at the detailers to get it wetsanded and buffed. Let's just say I got the car back and the finish looked like this.

Shiny, but still not smooth enough.

When I got the car back the passenger front fender and the trunk lid were flawless. But the doors and the rest of the car looked like that^^^

So I got to work.

I am now suspecting that the rest of the car was only buffed and not wetsanded at all, because even without buffing the sanding marks out this is what the paint looked like after about an hour of wetsanding with 1500 and 2000.

To say the least, it is 100x smoother and the reflections off of the paint is much more clear. I got both sides done and I have the roof and pillars to work on tomorrow before going to work. Hopefully getting it buffed Sunday. If i can't get the detailer who did it before to buff it for free. I am jut going to do it myself. I swear everytime someone else touches the car I get screwed. First the exhaust (another long story) and now this.

Peep the build!

Comment

If the wheels were like a gun metal or some sort of grey, I think it will flow out perfectly

Comment

Finished round one of buffing the car. Still gotta go over it once more to get the spots I missed, and then I will try the hood. The fact that it's FG is kinda scary. lol

Shitty Android pic.

So much smoother. you can actually see reflection in the paint and there is virtually no peel on the doors.

I also installed new front lower control arms, so an alignment was necessary.

Zero'd out the toe up front and about -3 all around with the front closer to -2.5 than -3. Drives Okay, though it was raining so i couldnt really throw here around like I wanted. Zero'd out the toe because of the simple fact that a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE070's are $1000.

Peep the build!

Comment

Working...
                                X