Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll Call

It would be nice to see what we have in this area so post em up.

I am a student at Kettering University in Flint Michigan, so I am out here for the next 3 months. I hardly ever see anything special out here, so please chime in and lets see what is lurking in the area.

I currently drive an 06 Jetta GLI, but it's bone stock (getting the most out of the warranty).

If you havent discovered it MIVE (michiganvw.org) is pretty much the only place with good euro cars. I know some guys from Kettering that go to the local meets. But other than that theres not a whole lot unfortunatly. Theres a few of us trying to get stuff to happen around here but I dont think it will get as big as it is in Cali or in the northeast.
    Allen
    flickr / Twitter/Instagram

Comment

Nice. I wiLl be here for the next 3 months so probably no meets but it's good to see some other SW members in the area

Comment

Man the midwest section is hurting lol

I'm in Missouri (which sucks lol) but I have a 94 GSR thats still in the works.
        My '66 C10 Build
        My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

From Minneapolis with an A6

Comment

There wasn't even a Midwest section until a few weeks ago when I asked Mike for one. Now I know why there wasn't. There is nothing out here it seems. Everything is on donks where I am

Comment

Yep midwest sucks!

Chicago area here! NW Suburbs!
              Seen It!

www.seenitcrew.com

Comment

Well this is my old DC4

And my new DC2 that will be dropped in the next month.

btw I'm about an hour north of KC
                My '66 C10 Build
                My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Hey I'm from Minnesota about half an hour north of the twin cities. Theres a pic of my 92 sc2. Needs to go lower and wider. Its all in the works, but I'm on a budget. Being a college kid stinks!
                  ~Bobbo

Comment

You are up there!
                    Seen It!

www.seenitcrew.com

Comment

haha, funny this is I'm dropped over two inches on H&Rs. I really need to find some sort of after market strut insert to handle the aggresive spring rate of these beasts. Koni used to make some for the saturn strut body but now you have to go with custom set up or some coilovers that don't work nearly as well. These cars have no aftermarket

After hanging out with a few friend with bagged rangers, air struts sound great, but its the darn money issue.
                      ~Bobbo

Comment

I'm from Wisconsin, most likely the only one from wisconsin crazy enough to do the things i do with wheels.
                        Working on slamming my 3rd gen eclipse on 18x9.5 takata green ce28n's

Comment

Just joined after seeing the Rusty memorial. Holy crap. That car was iconic. Anyway, I have two cars, a 95 Audi S6 Avant (one of 300 S6 wagons in the US), and an 89 Prelude Si 4ws. Both cars are close to stock, the S6 is going to be dropped on H&Rs this spring with Bilstein HDs, and some bronze mesh wheels, haven't figured out what yet. Also going to rubberize the spoiler and a few other details. Tint, slam, make more boost. Should be fun. The Prelude is going to remain stock, as I haven't seen another clean 3g prelude in a long time. I also write for amazon on www.carlustblog.com.

Here are a few pics of my old cars:

92 Subaru SVX, dropped 2" on custom springs, swaybars, stebro stainless exhaust, fun car except it wasn't a manual. Very stable and reliable. Want to get another one as a project car someday.

89 Accord LX 5spd, weber carb, kyb GR2s, nuespeeds (that's a 2.5" drop!!!), walker exhaust, slow but fun

97 Neon SOHC 5spd. KYB GR2s, Sways, Strut bars, DOHC muffler, not really low. At all. It was my first "newish" car.

68 Charger, 383 Hurst 4spd. Air suspension in back. It was my first car, but unfortunately a WI car. Sold it before it rusted in half.

Comment

im in Oakland (Mi), but will probably be in East Lansing at MSU in the fall for a couple years.
                            i have my old 325is that is pretty much stock.

dash swap and color change (tan to black).

then i have my '97 240sx. i hopefully will be able to get rid of it before i go away to school in the fall.

i did live in Eagan MN for about 15 years, although i was never old enough to drive when i was there.
                            Last edited by Dane; 02-08-2010, 09:44 AM.

Canon, Fuji, Mamiya, Minolta + Pentax.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.slowT View Post
                              From Minneapolis with an A6

Ryan.... you know the MNaudi guys despise cars that are "too low" hahaha

Mine

'99 Audi A4 1.8T- Holset HX35W- Widebody- Matte Green -PVW 11.09
                              '00 Audi S4 2.7T EPL Stage 3- Nogaro Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X