• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xavi0n View Post
    You are welcome to move to the free land of Norway
    would love to! you gonna sponser me????

Comment

• Originally posted by 02wrx801 View Post
      Do you have a color code for that paint? Is it an OEM Merc color?

Edited. I now know its not OEM.
      Ok, sorry for the delay, but I finally got the color code, its a Sherwin Williams [Western Automotive Finishes] code: 5A-42269-A "Gray"

Hope that helps.

Comment

• alrighty guys, here's a little video for your enjoyment, throwing sparks on the way to a meet:

good 'ish is near the end of the video.

Comment

• can't believe i missed this build. looks amazing man, you guys are killin it with these old mercs!

I need to get my hands on one once in my life lol

Comment

• Originally posted by 07NJx355 View Post
            can't believe i missed this build. looks amazing man, you guys are killin it with these old mercs!

I need to get my hands on one once in my life lol
            thanks dude! Yes it is imperative that you get one at some point!

Comment

• Online Parts Store

Last few days I am searching my w108 some parts and I found one site who’s solve my problem and I decide I contact every time this site for my car if anybody interest to buy online parts with service so visit this site

One-Stop Shop for Classic Mercedes Parts. Used, New and Rebuilt Parts in our online store for all Classic Mercedes-Benz Models. We sell Genuine Mercedes-Benz and aftermarket parts for interior, upholstery, repair and maintenance vehicle applications. We work with Mercedes-Benz cars from the ‘50s, ’60, '70s, '80s and ‘90s.

I am happy sharing this site for our respectable members

Comment

• went to a local meet in Great Falls, VA this weekend, Cars and Coffee at Katies Coffee, here are the pics from the drive:

with my neighbor, who i think is on Stanceworks:

and a video from YouTube:

my lowered Mercedes 280SE 4.5 rollin video onthe way to Cars and Coffee in Great Falls, VA. www.kon-strukt.com

Comment

• Looking money as usual bro
                  Follow on IG
                  amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
                  Vintage AME Wheels
                  RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
                  W115 & W123

Comment

• Originally posted by AMGwheelwhore View Post
                    Looking money as usual bro
                    Thanks man! We need to get up soon, dude, need to check out that R107

Comment

• Nice. Congratulations on your w108. I also own a 1970 280sel(m129 not m130). Currently I am cruising with my Hydropneumatic Compensator and stock height. Previously I drove it slammed to the ground due to a collapsed Hydro-Comp. Would like to drop it once more but want to bag it. I've owned my w108 for 10 years and just started to drive it long distances again. I'm currently having trouble aligning the new motor mounts and I'm puzzled that they just wont align with the engine ARMS. One old motor mount was severely collapsed. My goal is paint the car this year and would like advice on the Do's and Don'ts. I drive 3 other cars that include a w116 300sd, 2002 Silverado, and a 91 Honda Civic Si with 463,000 plus miles. Yes, I am the original owner. My w108 dash is cracked so I removed it when I replaced the heater levers. Replacing the dreaded heater levers was not easy. I have easily worked on my honda's and chevy's suspension without any problems but these german cars are a little different. For now, my plan is to purchase some coils, cut them and install them on my w108. Later I will have to find someone to bag it. How difficult of a job is it to remove the suspension coils(vertical). What is the best method to release the coil tension? Did you use a spring compressor? I'm new to this forum and want to share pictures and info and also hope to get a lot of help from all of you guys especially those with w108's. That color is killer. Any tips on the motor mount aligning greatly appreciated

Comment

• Originally posted by gbenz View Post
                        Nice. Congratulations on your w108. I also own a 1970 280sel(m129 not m130). Currently I am cruising with my Hydropneumatic Compensator and stock height. Previously I drove it slammed to the ground due to a collapsed Hydro-Comp. Would like to drop it once more but want to bag it. I've owned my w108 for 10 years and just started to drive it long distances again. I'm currently having trouble aligning the new motor mounts and I'm puzzled that they just wont align with the engine ARMS. One old motor mount was severely collapsed. My goal is paint the car this year and would like advice on the Do's and Don'ts. I drive 3 other cars that include a w116 300sd, 2002 Silverado, and a 91 Honda Civic Si with 463,000 plus miles. Yes, I am the original owner. My w108 dash is cracked so I removed it when I replaced the heater levers. Replacing the dreaded heater levers was not easy. I have easily worked on my honda's and chevy's suspension without any problems but these german cars are a little different. For now, my plan is to purchase some coils, cut them and install them on my w108. Later I will have to find someone to bag it. How difficult of a job is it to remove the suspension coils(vertical). What is the best method to release the coil tension? Did you use a spring compressor? I'm new to this forum and want to share pictures and info and also hope to get a lot of help from all of you guys especially those with w108's. That color is killer. Any tips on the motor mount aligning greatly appreciated

Hey Gbenz, sorry for the extremely late reply, Been busy trying to get my car ready for Springfest in Virginia Beach.

As for your springs, the best and easiest way to pull out the front springs is on each control arm there are 4 nuts towards the motor that mounts to the subframe, if memory serves me right they are 19mm. Put a jack under the control arm [there's a rod that stretches to each mount where the nuts are, this is the best place for the jack plate] and take the nuts off, once the nuts are off, lower the jack and the spring will come out, be careful of course and let the jack down slowly. To take the springs out, you MAY need to loosen the two 13mm nuts for the shocks and possibly the sway bar link, but I was able to get them out without taking those off] The front springs are long for days, so you may have to tug on them a bit to get them out. I cut roughly 2.75 coils off the front, but every car may differ depending on how much spring sag you have.

The rears are easy as hell. The trailing arm that the springs ride on have two big bolts in them, i think a 1 7/16" socket will fit it, I dont remember exactly, but take the two bolts out on either side, with a jack under it of course, and then lower the jack. There is a washer that is bent up to help "lock" the nut into place, just take a flat head and hammer to bang it flat. I cut about 3 coils I think in the rear.

The spring removal process is extremely easy, it should really only take you about 20 minutes per side on the front and 15 in the rear to get them out.

If your hydro-pneumatic compensator is shot, you'll want to buy the static compensating spring, about 180 bucks. Problem with a shot hydro-pneumatic is your diff will be maxed out and you'll have terrible vibrations and at some point blow your diff. The static compensating spring may end up giving you positive camber and a ride height you may not enjoy, my advice is if you go for one, install it [very easy] and drive the car, check the height, then if it seems to high or camber is positive, slowly lop off some coils or half coils. I ended up removing 1.5 coils on the compensating spring. You may even make your money back on the compensating spring by selling your shot pneumatic compensator as they can be rebuilt and a prized jewel for those looking to have an OEM restoration.

hope this helps, feel free to contact me at lewis@kon-strukt.com if you have any other questions or need a manual for a job.

On the motor mounts, that I am not too sure of, do you have them bolted tight to the motor then dropping it to the frame? Have you tried them on the frame first then to the engine?

Comment

• Ok, so springfest in Virigina Beach is now about 5 days away, been busy prepping the car for the drive and getting other things squared away on the W108. The rear deck was trashed so I made a new one and did it in mahogany veneer. I put perforations in the actual deck before i veneered it as i didn't want to see the speakers or grills, will have better shots soon.

thoughts?

Comment

• Finally got the motor mounts aligned and installed. As for my Hydropneumatic Compensator, I just purchased a used one for 300.00 U.S dollars on ebay. I installed it and it works like a charm. I removed my compensating spring due to the positive camber. I still have the compensating spring and noticed that both ends are flat. In the future I would like to get my car bagged and probably use Accuair. DW Cali recommended that air system. It seems like you are familiar with the w108 chassis and you mentioned you have manuals. I've been wanting to buy a good service/work manual but have only found a really bad Haynes manual with terrible pictures. The paint on my car is fading and peeling and is shot. I really want to get the car painted. I have no experience painting a car and I have never had any of my cars painted so I will need advice. I know that the prep work is important and it needs to be done right. I will upload some pictures or send them to your email so that you can take a look at the paint and advise me on what to do or what not to do. My interior looks really good except for the cracks on the dash. I removed the dash to work on the heater levers and decided not to reinstall the cracked dash. Back to the suspension, I might end up purchasing 4 suspension springs to then cut them down little by little. I know that I will have to replace the hydro-pneumatic with the hydro-spring if I decide to cut the coils on the springs. Congratulations again on your clean looking w108.

Comment

• By the way, I tried to upload pictures from my camera and it will not work. I also have issues posting on peachparts but have no issues posting on benzworld....Is it my picture size, how would I change the settings

Comment

• alrighty, some installed shots of the rear deck...sorry for the rain pics:

and finally putting in some work for Springfest, tried to lower the rear a bit more...wasn't soo successful, cut .25 coil off the rear...didn't do much, but now when i jack the car up i can pull those thangs right out

Comment

Working...
                                X