Rickys E36 Techno 'vert *Warning..Pic Heavy*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rickys E36 Techno 'vert *Warning..Pic Heavy*

Hi guys, thought id join up after coming along to the Stanceworks meet at Gaydon the other week (was riding shotgun with Mex) was good meeting a few of you and seeing some awesome cars in the metal

First car was 6n2 polo which I got looking like this after a year and a half

So my second/current car is a 1999 E36 323i convertible in my favourite colour ever....Techno violet.
    has all the M-sport goodies lovely 2.5l straight 6 and totally unmolested by one lady owner....until i got my hands on it

so the plan was to create my own little 'Cali-Cruiser', something clean, stupidly low, and some awesome wheels...not a racecar, with polybushed everything and spanking shiny bolts straight from the dealers...as you can tell, not a purist, but defo a beemer boy!

so didn't waste much time with the car, got some SPAX RSX coilovers on there, and dropped on my fave wheels for the e36 17" borbet As. and in a fitment made for the e36..... 8.5jx17 up front et15 and 10jx17 at the back et20

so less words and il let the pics do the talking

day i bought it

grills and splitter

coilies

fronts on

clean mean and low

now the wheels when i picked them up were in a state, about 10 layers of dulux on them, so gave them over to the one and only Dips to work his magic
    before...

and after

Diamond cut dishes, custom lexus pearly white centres
    first fit

yellow fogs

camber adjustable top mounts

ambers all round and chrome grills back on

delensed lights

fitted a 18button OBC after having an analogue clock

in my mates garage with mex,

and the pic above, made me want to go low! max neg camber on the plates, and helpers out...

next was interior. picked up mexs old vaders, and went over them with gliptone and a bit of dye
    before...

after...

due to a recent altercation with the bloody police, i was forced to remove the 215/40s off the 10s, and flare my arches to accommodated 235/40s....and i much prefer the look as it fills the arches much better. so lowered the rear as much as it would go without getting rubbing issues on the rear bumper :s and brought the front down a tad more, and this is its current stance

not as low as that beautiful red 'vert on Borbet As, but for South London roads, and driving it every single day, I think im low enough....for now, esp with mex as a mate lol (and i have the 10s hehehe)

Soooo, hope you enjoyed so far. had her about 7 months so far, so a few more bits to come before im ready for a new project. future plans include fitting my 3.15 diff, fittin my new mirrors...something a bit different and constant stancing!! lol

Ricky
    Last edited by Big Rick; 08-13-2012, 07:04 PM.

Very sweet looking motor!!

Was eyeing up a set of these wheels on eBay the other day (with your exact finish in mind) but think there a lot more suited to 36s than 46s!

Keep up the updates and pics....

Comment

Me gusta!

Comment

Good to meet you on sunday Rick. 36 is looking amazing, love what you have done to it!
        -SW|UK-
        Education - Knowledge - Power
        insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

lookin good mate and wider rear tyres look good too on them rims.

getting more common now running wider than normal stretch tyres and i found recently on mine how much better the car felt on 235 rears instead of 215s

Comment

Thanks guys.
            It does feel a lot better. Even though the stretch did look good, they didnt look like 10s from the rear. the tyres on my standard 16" sport wheels were wider! so went with a wider tyre not to lose the aspect of them being 10s

Comment

This looks sweet! Think I prefer the borbets without the centre caps though.

Comment

pretty awesome! love the color and wheels.
                025garage

Comment

tempted to change my tyre size on my 10s now.
                  looks fucking awesome dude!
                  Float like a Cadillac, Sting like a Beemer!
                  http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24326

Comment

Thanks
                    Need a few bits painting, diff fitted, m50 manifold, hopefully find a hardtop at a good price too! Should be upto scratch soon!

Comment

Looking good dude! How much work was it to fit the OBC?

Comment

You had me at put the ambers back on. Looks great man!

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Very Nice !

Comment

Thanks guys, The OBC wasnt too hard to fit, a bit of splicing behind the instrument cluster and jobs a good un. havent got all the features working yet, but the consumption speed etc all works so im happy

soon as I put the ambers on, i havent looked back, love it against the techno and adds to my old school theme.

so running with the ambers, iv painted the white part of my rear clusters with tamiya clear orange.

and for even more old school decided to add some pin striping

Last edited by Big Rick; 09-02-2012, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Mean as hell

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                              X