Touring International

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touring International

Well I figured I would start my build thead and move my Intro instead of retyping it all=D

Originally posted by Earl View Post
    I've been on here for a bit now and have been patiently awaiting a few things to be done to make my car presentable=)
    My full name is Earl Charles Meyer III. Just thowing that out there because it is a pretty badass full name. But onto my cars.
    I've been building my dream car, an 86 Chrysler Conquest TSi, for two years. In this time I have went through a few daily's. Well, I had a problem just leaving my current daily alone, for obvious reasons, and wanted to get it sitting proper. It is a 95 BMW 318ti. Yes the infamous trunk impaired e36 that everyone says they ****, until they see a slammed/stanced one. Then, all of a sudden they say "I **** all other Ti's, except for yours". We know how it is. You all love the nice ones. It's like people who like Hall & Oates. They won't admit it until someone else does. lol But I bought the car from a man who was parting it out technically. My friend bought it, put in a rear diff so that it could drive again, forgot to close the hood tightly and it flew up on the highway. This shattered the windshield and screwed the hood. So he got a new windshield and then sold the car to me. Enough typing. Here are some pictures for you.i

Almost immediately after I bought and washed it:

Roughly a month later:

At that time it was maxxed out on Rokkors in the rear and had about 3/4" in front to go.

And on Sunday:

That was taken by a new friend and photographer of mine, David (Davis) Monzingo.
    I was scrambling to get the car together for Eurowerks Saturday and that is a shot during the ride home.
    It is plastidipped Camo Tan right now. Took 13 cans, 4 hours, and staying up until 2am friday to get it done. Unfortunately we are dumb and didn't tape anything off. So there is still a lot to peel (such as parts of the mirror, misc rubber trim, and my rain tray). But we powered through to get it done so that my bumper and header panel matched the car for Eurowerks the following day. lol
    The wheels are a set of Style 5's I bought for $650 and refinished by polishing the lips, coating them with shark hide, adding new nuts and gold bolts, and then making a custom center. Here is a better shot:

The center is now clearcoated instead of raw vinyl.

A short list of whats done currently.

Exterior:
    Camo Tan plastidip
    DJ Auto Projectors w/ city light
    New Amber Corners
    M Tech Bumper
    Clubsport/M tech Door Moulding
    M Tech Sideskirt (no plugs=/)
    Black/White Roundels
    Debadged "318"
    Smoked vinyl over top of tail lights
    Cattech Skid plate
    17x8 Style 5's
    Nexxen N3000 205/40 tires(didn't stretch as much as the usual 205/40 =/ )

Engine:
    Original M42
    Kamotors Intake

Suspension:
    E30 Bilstein HD rear shocks
    Rokkor Coils (maxxed out and riding bump stops)

Interior:
    Subaru modified shift knob
    Shift boot and e-brake boot
    Cleaned up a bit

Before:

After:

More things on their way in the mail. As well as an actual paint job soon=D
    Any thoughts or criticism are welcome.
    Peeled the roof Friday night, as well as delensed the low beams. My projector shrouds don't fit so I'm figuring out what to do there. Here is a crappy instagram picture that got pixelized when I put it on instagram=D
    I finally cleaned the engine bay for the first time. Scrubbing bubbles will forever be my secret weapon for engine cleaning. I wiped all the plastic down with silicone tire shine. It keeps it shiny without deteriorating or damaging it. Waiting for my Samco Intake Boot and Midnight Tuning Solutions 93 octane chip to show up. I'm also thinking about getting a COP kit to clean things up a bit and to get some nicer spark=) This m42 is either going to stay for a bit yet, or go to a new home with some nice goodies=D Cue lame instagram pic of barely visible clean engine bay:
    Last edited by Average_Jerk; 04-29-2013, 06:14 PM.
    95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

I got one question? Why Touring when its a Compact?

EDIT: Oh shi* i misread that

Comment

Because the Ti stands for touring international=) Not the common "trunk impaired". Plus I spelled touring wrong in the title and am now an idiot!
      95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

My Samco Intake boot arrived Saturday night and I got the time to install it yesterday morning. It was a pretty snug fit but I finally wrestled it on. I noticed that the PO ruined the hose from the intake to the ICV, which was causing a jumpy idle. They had it wrapped in electrical tape and I didn't notice until I was installing the boot. I'll have to order a new one. For now I have a hose clamp around it to keep it from sliding off. Pictures to come shortly
        95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

How does is it that this thread didn't explode l:

Up more un instagrammed pics please.

That shit cray
          nice work

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Doesn't bother me that it didn't explode=) Just here to share and keep track of my build. Thank you.
            Onto the legit update:

Samco Intake boot is on and I put a hose clamp on the ICV hose to keep it from popping off. My idle is better than ever now. Can't wait for the new hose.

Difference in size between stock intake boot and the Samco boot:

I'm looking for a spare intake manifold and valve cover to paint up and replace these ones with. Missing loads of plastic covers and rubber trim and such but those will come=)
            Some pictures from the other day when I was working on her.

Edit: I need to hide my ballasts too. Does anyone know a good spot to hide them while making the light plugs still reach?
            95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

...Edit: I need to hide my ballasts too. Does anyone know a good spot to hide them while making the light plugs still reach?
              Best place to put your HID ballasts is on the bumper mount under the headlights. Put them on there and secure with zip ties or sticky pads and the cables will reach the lights easily but hide everything at the same time.

Car looks sweet - particularly enjoying the wood-effect centre caps

Comment

Oh man, every other 318 looks like shit but I love yours.

JK man, in all seriousness this car is looking pretty tight, love the plastidip paint job and the bbs, can you just elaborate what Sharkskin is thats covering the wheels?

Comment

Sharkhide is a metal protectant designed for aluminum boat hulls and such. Many people use it to keep a mirror polish lasting long without having to do anything but wash it=)

Originally posted by aj_mckay View Post
                  Best place to put your HID ballasts is on the bumper mount under the headlights. Put them on there and secure with zip ties or sticky pads and the cables will reach the lights easily but hide everything at the same time.

Car looks sweet - particularly enjoying the wood-effect centre caps
                  Thanks a ton. The center caps are one of my favorite touches=)
                  95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

[QUOTE=Earl;852148]Sharkhide is a metal protectant designed for aluminum boat hulls and such. Many people use it to keep a mirror polish lasting long without having to do anything but wash it=)
                    http://www.sharkhide.com/QUOTE]

cool idea with the shark hide!

Comment

How hard was it to clean up the plastidip without taping anything? Enjoying the ti build though, keep us posted

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

Lookin' good, never see too many ti's done
                        My '66 C10 Build
                        My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

The windows were the easiest to clean. I just took a microfiber cloth and scrubbed them off. I've been going around with a razor blade and cutting it around rubber seals to pull it off. It's a pain to clean up. If I would have had 3 gallons everything would peel off great. Lol I used 13 spray cans.
                          95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

My Samco Intake boot arrived Saturday night and I got the time to install it yesterday morning.

Comment

How do you like it? Was your ICV hose cracked or brittle? Mine was split and then electrical taped back together from the PO.
                              95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X