Clear All

Love it man! great job
    1991 318i Slicktop

Comment

That's just a silly amount of wiring

I like em dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by 1mellowkid View Post
        honestly its nice to see one of these getting some love! these are my favorite mustangs as well as the only ford id ever consider owning, and i'm a honda guy!
        love what your doing here!
        Originally posted by MattLarzz View Post
        Love it man! great job
        Glad to hear all the support!

Got another line on headlights. Hoping this one doesn't flake out too.

Spent the whole weekend on the IRS. Car is sitting ass up, face down in the garage with the whole rear suspension blown apart all over the garage.

As usual, nothing went as planned. First I noticed some idiot ran the brake lines THROUGH the UCAs. Had to take those off and re-route them just to drop the suspension. Tons of crap held on with zip ties (of course!). Then it took a 6ft pipe to wedge the subframe out.

Got it out and oh man what a mess. It was just one big mass of rust. I figured "garbage in, garbage out" so I may as well clean everything up. Spent more time cleaning/grinding/prepping the parts than I did on anything else, but at the end of the day all the components were cleaned of rust and painted their factory color. I actually primered the cradle trying to match the POR15 undercoating, but decided it looked unfinished and painted over it factory black.

Still need to replace the rear diff, LCA, and subframe bushings, as well as drill/tap the control arms for grease fittings. LPW diff cover will be going on.

The worst part of it all?

Just for shits and giggles, I torqued down both the UCA bolts on the problematic UCA. The arm snugged up considerably. Worse still, as I'm tearing everything down I realize the front diff mounts and subframe bushings were already MM poly. Great. I already had decent poly mounts in it. Oh well. The aluminum and Delrin replacements should stiffen things up nicely.

Pictures to come later.

Also looking forward to ordering a 2.76" pulley and putting it on the rollers for a dyno day in June.
        I Have No Idea What I'm Doing

Comment

Finished up the FTBR kit install this weekend. A little noisier, but much, much firmer.

I gave it a thorough thrashing and couldn't get it to misbehave. Tests may or may not have included dropping the clutch and walking it 30deg sideways through a parking lot, spinning all the way. No more of that pesky wheel hop.

I apologize for no pictures, but my home internet connection has been absolutely pitiful.

I also received the 2.76" pulley, but I'm still waiting on the new base tune. This part is killing me, although based on the performance yesterday I probably for all intents and purposes don't need another 4psi of boost.

Comment

Alright. Finally got pictures as promised.

Here's the whole IRS as it was dropped-

Not pretty. Took quite awhile to clean up and get the rust off, not to mention fighting all the bushings.

Finally with all the rust removed and primered-

Everything painted and assembled, including reinforced LPW diff cover-

Now some updated pictures. I got bored yesterday and deleted the useless antenna. Just sheet metal and re-used the mounting screws. Not pretty. I might replace them with some plastic plugs. I also painted the hood latch bracket red, which looks good with the black sheet metal cowl.

For the future parts-
            -I've got a set of new black housing OEM style headlights on order. Normally I would have gone used to keep with the theme of the build, but I got these on sale for the price of used.
            -Still no tune from the tuner for the 2.76 pulley. Not happy.
            -The tires I want are on national backorder. It'll take another 30 days or so before I can get them. Now looking at alternatives. to the Toyo Proxes TQ.

Comment

Is your fender matched up with your hood? Looks like the gap is a bit off and the front bumper doesn't look like it's fitting properly.

Cannot wait to see it with the new headlights.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
              @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Finally broke down and ordered some headlights. Saw some new stock black housing ones on sale for the price of used and couldn't refuse.

Waiting on a belt to upload the 2.76 pulley tune.

And for everyone that said the paint looked like dogshit, here's the results of a quick wetsand/buff/polish by hand on the fender just to see the potential. On the side of the fender is the rattlecan paint, and on the top side, separated by the body line is the factory paint.

Comment

Not much interest in this thread I see. Meh.

Here's a comparison of the new headlights versus old:

And here's the rattlecan paint after a much needed sand/buff/polish. Wetsanded with 1000grit, had to 3M regular cut buff by hand because my buffing pad was crap and started to mar the clear, then M205 polish. Not too shabby for rattlecan in a driveway.

Still have both doors, and a fender to do. One may require re-clearing.

315 DRs are on their way as well...

Comment

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYM that came out awesome!

Dude i love this build! I'm a huge mustang fan. I'm always sub'd to this

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

After owning a supercharged mustang in just about every body style from 85 to new, one with a termi motor is the only one I'd want again.

This is coming along nicely man.

Comment

Scrambling to get everything done for dyno day Friday.

-Got the wrong pigtail, so looks like I'll only be able to get IAT1 data, no IAT2 data which is post blower.
                        -No one apparently carries firewire cables, so I had to order one online, and I'll have to frantically set up my wideband datalogging.
                        -Headlights are in. Look pretty good.
                        -Got my 315 drag radials. Sweet.

Now for the part S|W cares about.

I wanted to grab a cheap set of front tires to at least get to roll around on my 03 Cobra wheels. I found some cheap used ones for $30 mounted/balanced, but they were only 245/40R17s, not the 255/40R17s I wanted. How bad can they be? They're not that far off, right?

Wrong. Very, very very very very wrong.

I test fitted one last night, and my reaction was

It was horrible. Tires are waaaay too small, looks ridiculous, has tons of wheel gap.

I'll post up some pictures of the horror tonight.

Looks like I'll need to order some better tires for the front.

My prediction for Friday: sunny with a chance of blown up engine.

Comment

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

As promised, more pictures.

Unfortunately I test fitted the rear, and it looks as bad as the front, if not worse.

I took a step back, looked at the overall package, and...

That's some awful wheel gap.

More bad wheel gap, but with a whole lot less room.

At least the paint looks good?

Comparison of old (right) versus new (left)

At least the new headlights went well.

The front I can at least solve easily. Get some coilovers, slam it. That was in the plan anyway.

The back? Not so lucky.

I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. On the inside, I've ground the IRS cradle bolt down, and even with a thin spacer I was barely able to clear it. On the outside, even with the quarter rolled, it's too wide. I'd have to pull it or something.

Not a good day.

Comment

Its nothing that can't be solved. Keep at it and kill that gap.

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
                              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

Had to comment being in Indiana myself lol sick car bud
                                Insta: @pantiesmores

Build: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...hlight=versace

Comment

Working...
                                X