Recommendations for bagging mk5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for bagging mk5?

Not familiar with bags, can anyone tell the best options for bagging my VW MK5?

Bag riders sell kits. Airlift is a good way to go not to expensive and reliable. My set up is pieced together since there were no kits when I got mine. I can't tell you the secrets why I'm so low haha

Comment

Airlift bags and accuair management
      Air and Schmidts

Comment

airlift front, uas rear, and whichever management you prefer.

Comment

I thought mk5's came bagged from the factory?
          I dislike Byron.

Comment

Originally posted by got splits? View Post
            I thought mk5's came bagged from the factory?
            Some people don't like them and choose to downgrade to springs and shocks
            Air and Schmidts

Comment

I would recommend going with the Air Lift Performance series rears. The Slam series will go slightly lower but if they're not installed 100% perfectly, the bag will rub on the lower control arm.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

autopilot v2 management! super easy

Comment

Originally posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
                  I would recommend going with the Air Lift Performance series rears. The Slam series will go slightly lower but if they're not installed 100% perfectly, the bag will rub on the lower control arm.
                  That's what I did! Lucky for us we drive a very common platform and therefore have lots of options
                  IG: @OsakaFlocka

Comment

you can go with a ss5 or air house 2 and cup brackets and save yourself almost $200 and they go just as low
                    http://www.facebook.com/parkhard

www.hardparkergarage.com

Comment

SS-5's and D-Cups are becoming a very popular option for the rears of the Mk5 but if you're looking to do this soon, there is a worldwide shortage on D-Cups.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

SS-5's and D-Cups are becoming a very popular option for the rears of the Mk5 but if you're looking to do this soon, there is a worldwide shortage on D-Cups.
                        thats why we make our own brackets

www.hardparkergarage.com

Comment

BigRida,

Im MK6 GTI on Airlift front which ride suprisingly well and SS-5 rears with D-cups. The setup is a very nice ride and fairly stiff. Not bouncy like most think.

I have E-Level and not a fan of it. I set my ride height and amybe airout for parking but thats about it. I'd recommend a pressure based system and save the coin.

Here are some good reads:

GTI Rear Install cutting nipple to help lay frame

GTI E-Level Install

These are GTI based but give you a general feeling of what is required. Take your info and price compare with all the vendors out there.

Comment

Originally posted by arcelio13 View Post
                            BigRida,

Im MK6 GTI on Airlift front which ride suprisingly well and SS-5 rears with D-cups. The setup is a very nice ride and fairly stiff. Not bouncy like most think.

I have E-Level and not a fan of it. I set my ride height and amybe airout for parking but thats about it. I'd recommend a pressure based system and save the coin.

Here are some good reads:

GTI Rear Install cutting nipple to help lay frame

GTI E-Level Install

These are GTI based but give you a general feeling of what is required. Take your info and price compare with all the vendors out there.
                            we did a similar install on a mk4 r32 removed the nipple and used airhouse 2's

www.hardparkergarage.com

Comment

Working...
                            X