No announcement yet.

Isuzu pickup race truck build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude its looking so so good on those wheels! Looks like you've got a bit of pullin to do in the rear! Or, just space the front to match
    | 92 Toyota Hilux |www.facebook.com/WellingtonTruckingFriends|

Comment

Yeah, theres still more pulling, and the back drops a couple inches when I let air out of the shocks. Btw I love your hilux!
      The only thing lower than my standards is my truck.

Build thread!!!

Comment

I love the way this thing is turning out!

Comment

This is rad. What about slight overfenders for the rear?

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

yours looks alot lower then mine in the rear. what do you have suspension wise done on the rear.

Comment

The rear is 4" blocks, 3" lowering leaf springs, and a full C notch.

Build thread!!!

Comment

what did you get your leafsprings from? i looked for days and couldnt find any thing. i was thinking s10 leafsprings.

Comment

Comment

I got my springs from ebay a few months back. They're hard to find for Isuzus. I've heard of taking them to a leaf spring shop and altering the arch and stuff the right way. I was at a friend's storage redoing his exhaust (we now have a cheap welder!!), and finally got my rear fenders rolled allll the way out so I can clear the tires. I'm washing this truck and gonna get some legit photos very soon, tired of the cell phone pics. I'll start taking my camera with me.

Build thread!!!

Comment

Also, thanks to everyone for the compliments, it's definitely encouragement to keep dumping time and money into the whip.

Build thread!!!

Comment

so much win, more stretch, more poke, more low....

looks damm good keep up the work!!
                        Instagram : TRASHEDTEG

Comment

I did some research on a hardbody forum, and there were shorter shock recommendations for their trucks, and ours are very similar in design. So I picked up some Ford pinto shocks, the only mod necessary is a smaller bolt (7/16") and trimming the tube on the bottom. On the first shock install, I lowered it and the truck did not move whatsoever. Thinking it was the shock, I continued to rig it until it wasn't really functional anymore. In a rush to get to work I picked up a 4x4 Hardbody shock which I know would fit. I still have the same problem! I was rushing because I had work later on. An inspection revealed that when they said to get a 7/16x2.5 bolt, that was too long for my truck and was completely stopping the upper control arm.. . I rode to work one blown shock one good shock, and the difference was night and day. I thought I was doomed to ride like sh*t in my truck, but now it's better. The pinto shock on the opposite side went in nicely. So right now I'm on one hardbody and one Pinto shock in my Isuzu truck

I love my friend's storage unit.

Before cutting up the shock

The.. AFTERSHOCK!!!

I've got an open fall this year, so it's project time! Mods to expect:

Rodeo front end (already have the lights, gonna pick up the rest this week)
                          Fix my front suspension squeak
                          Custom installed 6.5 component speakers (my truck didn't come with door speakers...)
                          Blast pipes!
                          And after I have a clean truck, the 5.0 swap begins. There's a 302 just staring at me in the garage, along with a full wiring harness. Momma, I wanna go fast!

Build thread!!!

Comment

This is awesome, I grew up with two Isuzus in the family and I've always wondered what these trucks & Rodeos would look like slammed/lifted.
                            Cactus Green B5 A4.

Comment

Looks awesome man! Trucks have been coming up a lot lately!

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
                              Originally posted by nickskater09
                              I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

Parts shopping! Picked up the grille, some whimpy HIDs since I didn't retrofit the housings (just 35w 5Ks), ball joint, and a knock off flowmaster. Ballin' on a budget.
                                Last edited by Isuzupickup; 08-25-2012, 03:50 AM.

Build thread!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X