No announcement yet.

Isuzu pickup race truck build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I got some mexiflush 225s on the way. Has anyone rolled the fenders on their truck? I have some ideas on how to do it, just wondering if anyone found the best method. I'm glad I finally have a build thread though, a lot of drive to keep swaggin' it out.
    The only thing lower than my standards is my truck.

Build thread!!!

Comment

Heat and a baseball bat works pretty well, nice truck by the way.
      The hillbilly equivalent of a nasa substation worker.
      Originally posted by Dubway5887
      I felt bad for that dude. Of all places for a sink to be at a car show... Maybe sink holes like car shows like tornado's like trailer parks?

Comment

Basically you're applying heat and using the bottom of the bat while the wheels roll back and forth? Do I have to bend the lip on the inside that normally attaches to the plastic fenderwell?

Build thread!!!

Comment

I'll have my wheels on today or tomorrow. Since I'm doing the rodeo front end, should I get a chrome grille like the one pictured, or should I keep the black front end look? Just trying to get a few opinions. My rims will have somewhat of a shine to them as well as a note. The Rodeo is from an Isuzu forum I'm on, he has Enkei RT-6s which are beautiful.

Build thread!!!

Comment

I vote chrome grill. That looks classy.
            | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

Chrome and bumper. (not sure if they're all one or not)

What color you going to paint it?

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

The part under the grille on the rodeo is seperate, but I'll be getting that as well. The bottom of the bumper (the valence) will probably remain black.

Build thread!!!

Comment

Wheels are on! Hopefully get some pictures tomorrow, I have to finish rolling the rear fenders, pain in the ass.

Build thread!!!

Comment

It'll looks wicked with the Rodeo grill, keep it up.

Comment

Alright so my front fenders rolled pretty easily, but the rear have to come out quite a bit, and I've tried the phone book method, the bat method, and even some hammering to get them out a little more. I need them to come out around an inch more, I'd like the rear to have full wheel travel. Anyone able to chime in on this? Also, some phone pics. I will take pictures with a legit camera when it gets a wash, I've just been trying to get stuff done usually an hour or so before work and kinda just snap phone pictures, so here! On a side note, I've never scraped the middle of a road or piles of old asphalt in the road until today, I actually broke a piece of the road with my front crossmember, haha!

Also, here's two pictures my little brother took, one in the process of rolling (the tires tuck, not sure why they aren't in the picture, might have been on a jack) and a before/after on the rims.

Last edited by Isuzupickup; 08-11-2012, 02:41 AM.

Build thread!!!

Comment

This is turning out great, keep up the good work. My suggestion on rolling the rear more is grab some friends to stand in the bed while you roll the fenders with a bat or do the phone book method and have everyone jump up and down. I know when I tried to roll my bed sides the truck kept trying to lift that side up as I was rolling it so I asked my buddies to sit in the bed and it worked a lot better.
                        The hillbilly equivalent of a nasa substation worker.
                        Originally posted by Dubway5887
                        I felt bad for that dude. Of all places for a sink to be at a car show... Maybe sink holes like car shows like tornado's like trailer parks?

Comment

Love how the pup is turning out! I really like Isuzu's, my Dad had a Tropper years ago, it was a solid machine.

Can't wait to see more progress!
                          i have the s10 that everybody hates

Comment

I'll try the weight idea after I work all weekend. I see that working.

Build thread!!!

Comment

Nice to see another Isuzu being stances out. Looks good il have to post some pics of mine. I did the Honda passport front end on mine and went with a charcoal grille and chrome bumper. My truck is red as well.

Comment

Post some pics of that up! My headlights are on the way. Here's a recent photo, the back does go down a couple inches, I had the air shocks aired up in the picture. Still gotta get to work on my rear fenders. I've been helping my friend take off his core support, that put a damper on it. On a side note, I think me and some friends are splitting the bill on a welder. Makes me really want to swap a 5.0 in here and put it on coilovers!

Build thread!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X