Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isuzu pickup race truck build.

HIT THE LAST PAGE FOR SERIOUS UPDATES

I was lurking the stanced trucks thread for a while and had to make a profile of my own, so this is my first post. I have a 92 Isuzu pickup, dropped on leafs and blocks. The cab/frame are notched. I picked up some 15x9 wheels and I was trying to figure out what tire size to go with. I only want a slight amount of stretch. Would 215/60 be alright for that? Or any other suggestions? This is where I'm at right now. I need to get other pictures.

Started out something like this:

Then got some new wheels for it. 16x7 (weeaaaak)

Someone rear ended me, so I picked up a new bed.

With the money I got the paint job. In time I want to save up and bag it, since the frame and cab are notched already, but that's down the road. Plus static is pretty fun. When I scraped with my girlfriend at first she's like "isn't that like, bad for it?" Haha, I just hope to learn a few things on here from others with stanced trucks and cars!
    Last edited by loekaaz; 02-18-2016, 12:49 PM. Reason: OP request
    The only thing lower than my standards is my truck.

Build thread!!!

Looks promising! I wanna see the new wheels

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
    Originally posted by nickskater09
    I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

Good stuff dude! Will look awesome on those low offset wheels. I love the shape of these trucks.
      | 92 Toyota Hilux |www.facebook.com/WellingtonTruckingFriends|

Comment

Check out willtheyfit.com to calculate stretc and poke and what not

IG: Nick475

Comment

I think I'm going with a 225/50 on the truck. I'll pick those up when my current tires wear out. I'll also try to get some recent pictures of the truck with all of the drop.

Build thread!!!

Comment

195/50/15s will give you a decent amount of stretch or go with 205/50/15. Nice Isuzu btw, my first minitruck was an Isuzu and have a soft spot for them.
            My Static Hardbody minitruck thread:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24537

Comment

Thank you, your hardbody made me want some width to my rims. It seems like 195 is a lot of stretch though. I only want very slight stretch.

Build thread!!!

Comment

dude, this is awesome, I need to see those wheels! stay static and drift this bitch!

Comment

I wanted to do coilovers all around and a 4 link in the rear, but I need a different motor to really get this truck going. My Isuzu 2.3 Weber carb'd isn't much for speed at all, although I'd love a swap. Just not great at fabwork myself yet.

Build thread!!!

Comment

Tires are on the way. Falkens for 312, not bad! Can't wait. And in a couple weeks I'm going to pick up a 2.6 junkyard block and throw my 2.3 head on there for a frankenstein swap to try to keep up with traffic.

Build thread!!!

Comment

Do the rodeo front end conversion... Will clean it up considerably

Seriously who farted

Comment

I've though about that. Reuters plent of rodeos at my local junkyard. That's on my never ending list of mods.

Build thread!!!

Comment

cant wait to see more of this
                          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

nice to see a Pup on the road, not a lotta them out there. I have an 87 trooper that's gone the opposite way (lifted) and always like seeing anything Isuzu.

I also agree with that earlier guy 195/50 or 205/50 will give you a nice stretch and still enough sidewall to ride ok and not be looking like a rubber band
                            Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

This is my second all-time favorite mini truck. Have fun with it and post lots of updates!

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X