Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Isuzu pickup race truck build.

Default Isuzu pickup race truck build.

HIT THE LAST PAGE FOR SERIOUS UPDATES

I was lurking the stanced trucks thread for a while and had to make a profile of my own, so this is my first post. I have a 92 Isuzu pickup, dropped on leafs and blocks. The cab/frame are notched. I picked up some 15x9 wheels and I was trying to figure out what tire size to go with. I only want a slight amount of stretch. Would 215/60 be alright for that? Or any other suggestions? This is where I'm at right now. I need to get other pictures.

Started out something like this:

Then got some new wheels for it. 16x7 (weeaaaak)

Someone rear ended me, so I picked up a new bed.

With the money I got the paint job. In time I want to save up and bag it, since the frame and cab are notched already, but that's down the road. Plus static is pretty fun. When I scraped with my girlfriend at first she's like "isn't that like, bad for it?" Haha, I just hope to learn a few things on here from others with stanced trucks and cars!
    Last edited by loekaaz; 02-18-2016 at 12:49 PM. Reason: OP request
    The only thing lower than my standards is my truck.

Build thread!!!

Looks promising! I wanna see the new wheels

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
    Quote Originally Posted by nickskater09 View Post
    I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Good stuff dude! Will look awesome on those low offset wheels. I love the shape of these trucks.
    | 92 Toyota Hilux |www.facebook.com/WellingtonTruckingFriends|

Check out willtheyfit.com to calculate stretc and poke and what not

IG: Nick475

I think I'm going with a 225/50 on the truck. I'll pick those up when my current tires wear out. I'll also try to get some recent pictures of the truck with all of the drop.

Build thread!!!

195/50/15s will give you a decent amount of stretch or go with 205/50/15. Nice Isuzu btw, my first minitruck was an Isuzu and have a soft spot for them.
    My Static Hardbody minitruck thread:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24537

Thank you, your hardbody made me want some width to my rims. It seems like 195 is a lot of stretch though. I only want very slight stretch.

Build thread!!!

dude, this is awesome, I need to see those wheels! stay static and drift this bitch!

I wanted to do coilovers all around and a 4 link in the rear, but I need a different motor to really get this truck going. My Isuzu 2.3 Weber carb'd isn't much for speed at all, although I'd love a swap. Just not great at fabwork myself yet.

Build thread!!!

Tires are on the way. Falkens for 312, not bad! Can't wait. And in a couple weeks I'm going to pick up a 2.6 junkyard block and throw my 2.3 head on there for a frankenstein swap to try to keep up with traffic.

Build thread!!!

Do the rodeo front end conversion... Will clean it up considerably

Seriously who farted

I've though about that. Reuters plent of rodeos at my local junkyard. That's on my never ending list of mods.

Build thread!!!

cant wait to see more of this
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

nice to see a Pup on the road, not a lotta them out there. I have an 87 trooper that's gone the opposite way (lifted) and always like seeing anything Isuzu.

I also agree with that earlier guy 195/50 or 205/50 will give you a nice stretch and still enough sidewall to ride ok and not be looking like a rubber band
    Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.

Oh, and your car too.

This is my second all-time favorite mini truck. Have fun with it and post lots of updates!

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Well I got some mexiflush 225s on the way. Has anyone rolled the fenders on their truck? I have some ideas on how to do it, just wondering if anyone found the best method. I'm glad I finally have a build thread though, a lot of drive to keep swaggin' it out.

Build thread!!!

Heat and a baseball bat works pretty well, nice truck by the way.

Basically you're applying heat and using the bottom of the bat while the wheels roll back and forth? Do I have to bend the lip on the inside that normally attaches to the plastic fenderwell?

Build thread!!!

I'll have my wheels on today or tomorrow. Since I'm doing the rodeo front end, should I get a chrome grille like the one pictured, or should I keep the black front end look? Just trying to get a few opinions. My rims will have somewhat of a shine to them as well as a note. The Rodeo is from an Isuzu forum I'm on, he has Enkei RT-6s which are beautiful.

Build thread!!!

I vote chrome grill. That looks classy.
    | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Chrome and bumper. (not sure if they're all one or not)

What color you going to paint it?

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

The part under the grille on the rodeo is seperate, but I'll be getting that as well. The bottom of the bumper (the valence) will probably remain black.

Build thread!!!

Wheels are on! Hopefully get some pictures tomorrow, I have to finish rolling the rear fenders, pain in the ass.

Build thread!!!

It'll looks wicked with the Rodeo grill, keep it up.

Alright so my front fenders rolled pretty easily, but the rear have to come out quite a bit, and I've tried the phone book method, the bat method, and even some hammering to get them out a little more. I need them to come out around an inch more, I'd like the rear to have full wheel travel. Anyone able to chime in on this? Also, some phone pics. I will take pictures with a legit camera when it gets a wash, I've just been trying to get stuff done usually an hour or so before work and kinda just snap phone pictures, so here! On a side note, I've never scraped the middle of a road or piles of old asphalt in the road until today, I actually broke a piece of the road with my front crossmember, haha!

Also, here's two pictures my little brother took, one in the process of rolling (the tires tuck, not sure why they aren't in the picture, might have been on a jack) and a before/after on the rims.

Last edited by Isuzupickup; 08-11-2012 at 02:41 AM.

Build thread!!!