'61 VW SplittySlammed Hydro's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '61 VW SplittySlammed Hydro's

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for VW Splitscreen Single Cab - Hydraulics - Type 2 Detectives at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

EBAY NO RESERVE

You know I shouldn’t, I know I shouldn’t, but here we go.

Here we have my ’61 Californian import, Despite its looks, this car is 100% Rot free, there is surface rust giving that lovely patina, but, none of it goes through, and all is completely rock solid.

Where should I begin, I bought this car two years ago, as a low but not slammed splitty. It had everything I was after, If you look underneath the car everything is clean and tidy and painted in body colour including the engine bay.

Under my ownership I have had extensive work done by the world famous Type Two Detectives, It was done all at the same time, over last summer.
    I wanted this thing slammed, so it was. The work that was carried out, was top notch.
    Its had, a raised steering box, Chassis notch, and tub front and rear, brand new T2D ‘Inney’ beam, for extreme narrowing on the front end, this was so that I could fit the massive 17x7 ET0 (deep dish) American Racing Torque Thrust 2’s on there. Behind the front wheels are a set of Disc Brakes With chevvy Bolt pattern as well as Porsche!

The floors in the hold under the deck were replaced and painted during the build, as well as the seats being trimmed down for the taller amongst us.
    The Hydraulics are my favourite part. They are rayvern Hydraulics, the actual suspension coils have been moved to a lovely little box under the deck. This gives you suspension travel, unlike other rock solid hydraulics. They lift the car up instantly, unlike air, and drop the car down low. This is only on the front end to get you over speedbumps, although the rear was tubbed and ready for some hydraulics so that it can be slammed fully!
    It has a full tan leather interior, which just sets the car apart from other patina wagons and rat lookers.

It has a 1641, but this went a little wrong on me last year, and so the car went off to see T2D once again, where it underwent a full rebuild, and is now running perfectly.

It managed to get a feature on the very well known StanceWorks Blog, and I have had magazines asking for shoots, for example VW Speed in Germany, but these were turned down, as there were touches I wanted to finish off on the car!

It has only been to one show, which was VW Action Last Year, where it got a brilliant reaction, sat with the T2D cars.

All in all this car hasn’t been seen much I feel, but it wants to be shown off, as there aren’t many SC’s out there that look this good.
    I know I have to say this as the car is how I pictured and imagined, but this is the best looking Splitty I have ever seen.

The Clock says 87,000 roughly, but due to the rebuild everything is perfect.
    I have the exhaust that came with it, but the stinger is the way to go, as well as a large breathable cover.
    The tilt and bows were made for me, and cost a great deal of money.
    The car has been dry stored under my ownership, as well as the previous UK owner.
    It owes me over £23,000. But this car is something special.
    It has an MOT until September, and will pass with ease.
    One last thing, which confuses many, the lights on the rear were changed, as well as the front indicators by the previous owner, a great job was done of it.

I would really like £17,900 for it but am open to sensible offers.

The car is in Kent, and is available for viewing, with prior notice.
    My number is 07825 161 308, text or call anytime.
    Or email at Harvey_fulford_1993@hotmail.co.uk

Will Part Ex with something nice, WHYG?

It is a wonderful car, and will be missed.

Thank you,
    Harvey

Stance|Works Feature :
    Splitty Wants to Eat Floor - Stance Works

pics at Harvey Fulford Photography
    Split Singla cab and T2D Brasilia | Facebook

Last edited by sCrapp; 08-29-2012, 03:23 PM.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for VW Splitscreen Single Cab - Hydraulics - Type 2 Detectives at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

2 days left on fleabay.

Cmon someone wants it for the money its worth surely!?

Comment

You can't sell this!
      I dislike Byron.

Comment

aah but i want your M3. or a 964.

Comment

Working...
        X