Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MGRAND3 the build of my e36 M3

Default MGRAND3 the build of my e36 M3

well name is Miguel, bought my e36 2 years ago. My car is a 1997 boston green m3, and here is my journey.

when i first bought it

I really didn't do much at first but maintenance, being a broke college student.

just enjoyed driving the car, then i had a small incident in the canyons. i Decided while i fixed the fender I might as well paint the whole car. while i was at it i got new coilovers. ksport kontrol pros.

soon after i got myself a Grip Royal, Royal Hills steering wheel and a momo hub as a birthday gift to myself.

I then had a custom cat back made, no muffler and finished off with ASPEC blast pipes.

i was back and forth about wheels, did not know what to get. almost fell into temptations and test fitted some Varrstoens, but i couldn't justify spending money on reps, so held off and waited some more.

picked up, some style 19s in terrible shape, but rediculously cheap. previous owner had rattlecanned them several times, lips bolts and all, had rash aswell, so my rebuild process started.

lots of time was spent stripping, sanding out rash, polishing the lips powdercoating the faces. but it was well worth it.

and here we are today some recent pics from a photoshoot i did recently, i still need to lower my fronts some more.

_DSC0118

_DSC0074

_DSC0073

_DSC0072

_DSC0071

_DSC0070

_DSC0066

_DSC0063

_DSC0055

_DSC0052

_DSC0050

thats my car for now, should be getting spacers for the front and lowering it more within a week or two.

saving up for broadway static coils and switching up to a nardi woodgrain

current mods.

ecis intake, but filter replaced with hks mushroom
    aspec blast pipes no muffler
    ksport kontrol pro coilovers
    Grip royal royal hills
    momo hub
    zhp shift knob
    uuc clutch stop
    z3 rear shock renforcements
    pioneer headunit
    jbl 3 way gto series speakers all around
    4 channel zeus hifonics amp
    2channel zeus hifonics amp
    12in kicker cvx in a sealed encolsure
    BBS style 19 everyone knows the specs on 205/40 cooper zeon

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM MGRAND3

Just bought broadways today. I cant wait to get them on! Your car looks nice and I love the color.

thank you, i love the color too, it grew on me, when i bought it i ***** it, but as it was the only clean m3 i found at the time i swooped on it, i looked at like 12 different ones

here is an update from the infamous car show at the queen Mary this weekend. the show was cool, lots of cool cars. but also some trash i thought they were going to prescreen the entries, because pics were required. i saw lots of shitty hondas on xxrs, a tc on painted stockies.

heres some pics my friends over at Media Junkies captured.

infamous3 by MGRAND3, on Flickr

infamous2 by MGRAND3, on Flickr
    wasn't happy with my front ride height either i need to order shorter swift springs up front or just wait for broadway statics.

here is a picture with my friend Austin's em2 and me

infamous1 by MGRAND3, on Flickr

and last but not least here is a pic of my friend Austin y33 on 19in step lipped emitz

Infamous4 by MGRAND3, on Flickr

lol nice whore in the first post.

wheels look good though. cleaned up really nicely

haha yes i wanted to give you guys something to look at

and thanks i did alot of work on my wheels, cant wait til i get a new set though

Looking great you sell the grip royal?
    95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

not yet hahaha waiting to get the new nardi deep corn in wood

Let me know when you unload it because I might pick it up
    I have a grain on order
    95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

will do

A small update, not much has happened, I recently got rid of the grip royal steering wheel, and copped a vertex racing steering wheel. I wanted something quality. but didn't want your typical personal/nardi setups. I know it wont be everyone's cup of tea but I'm happy with it.

vertex racing wheel. made by atc, the same manufacturers of key's racing.330mm

download (1) by MGRAND3, on Flickr

also happened to go to socalEuro this passed weekend at Qualcomm stadium. i had a great time caravaning down to San Diego, waiting on his pics but so far here are some pics ive found.

download by MGRAND3, on Flickr

this pic was taken by Narvin came out clean. my homie chris and I

8196041496_4e709019e3_c by MGRAND3, on Flickr

a pic of both my whips lol

download (4) by MGRAND3, on Flickr
    Last edited by bostongrnM3; 11-20-2012 at 06:31 PM.

legit whos the Chicka?
    IG @RobthaBavarian

I'm thinking the next thing you should do after wheels is go wingless We need updates
    95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

This . Reminds me of that sloppy drunk slut that gets taken home from the bar by a different guy every night. This is not a sexy pose at all.......... Clean car though , Really like the white on green with gold bolts so fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob&co View Post
    legit whos the Chicka?
    just my friends ex lol. always hard to find girls down to do dirty poses -____-

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    I'm thinking the next thing you should do after wheels is go wingless We need updates
    no updates as of recent i quit my job they ow me $1,400 trying to get that sorted at the moment. come new year ill be finding another truck driving job now hopefully dont have to do 48 states.

you already know I'm working on new wheels. hopefully i can sell mine to help fund the new ones, but if i dont I'll just be giving these to my brother so he can throw these on his e46.

Quote Originally Posted by SD202 View Post

This . Reminds me of that sloppy drunk slut that gets taken home from the bar by a different guy every night. This is not a sexy pose at all.......... Clean car though , Really like the white on green with gold bolts so fresh.
    yes lol i agree not too sexy. skonka clothing + me an untrained drunk with someones dslr = a fun time. atleast for the old guys perving at the park it was.

and thanks for the compliments on the car. i've seen your car at so cal euro and it was really clean

Quote Originally Posted by bostongrnM3 View Post
    just my friends ex lol. always hard to find girls down to do dirty poses -____-

no updates as of recent i quit my job they ow me $1,400 trying to get that sorted at the moment. come new year ill be finding another truck driving job now hopefully dont have to do 48 states.

you already know I'm working on new wheels. hopefully i can sell mine to help fund the new ones, but if i dont I'll just be giving these to my brother so he can throw these on his e46.

yes lol i agree not too sexy. skonka clothing + me an untrained drunk with someones dslr = a fun time. atleast for the old guys perving at the park it was.

and thanks for the compliments on the car. i've seen your car at so cal euro and it was really clean
    Was she tight?
    Glide Boy zr71
    Want to see my car and or me talk shit? Entertainment guaranteed either way
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32175

Quote Originally Posted by zr71 View Post
    Was she tight?
    ask my friend lol, i actually followed tho good homie rule.

Quote Originally Posted by bostongrnM3 View Post
    ask my friend lol, i actually followed tho good homie rule.

Thanks man! LOL Yeah its better to stay homies than try to take homies EX. besides who wants their buddies sloppy seconds anyway

especially when hes the best wingman. that guy is a true team player lol

good work dude! any ideas on your next set of wheels yet? i agree with earl on going wingless
    i have two e30's sitting in my driveway but sadly nothing happens very quickly

my tumblr for anyone thats interested: http://crispyas.tumblr.com/

You can tell that girl that it would look much better if she would try to bend her torso in order to stretch that ass. She looks stiff as a board.
    Quote Originally Posted by getamongst-it View Post

Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.
    Oh, and your car too.

Quote Originally Posted by doug_e30 View Post
    good work dude! any ideas on your next set of wheels yet? i agree with earl on going wingless
    ive been looking for something 3 piece and from japan. i need em done and to fix my fender before bimmerfest in may.

so I have not had many updates in a while. so we are going to play catch up. I lowered my car more to the point i lost the fuel filter cover. bent the cross member behind the oil pan broke the rail for the gate at work. then last Saturday i was on the way to my friends to go bar hopping a small rock got stuck and broke my fuel filter and the valve in front of it. I was leaking fuel everywhere, lets just say it ruined my night. I have been so busy at work i didn't have time to work on my car and it was down for a week

While the car was down i decided to fix the loose ends and do some much needed maintenance.

changed the fuel filter

IMG_20130317_161825 by MGRAND3, on Flickr

then I replaced this valve because it was causing a nasty gas leak.

IMG_20130318_183918 by MGRAND3, on Flickr

I also changed my transmission mounts in favor of something stiffer as my stock ones were shot. so I went with the UUC red ones with enforcer cups. i was scared they were going to vibrate nasty like everyone complains. I am pleased to say the worked out great for me, no issues, just followed the factory torque specs and i was golden. I'm so glad i did this my car is alot easier to drive now shfting is buttery smooth again.

IMG_20130317_130921 by MGRAND3, on Flickr

I also got this package from pelican parts, I should be installing the valve cover gasket this weekend.

IMG_20130312_224424 by MGRAND3, on Flickr

now that I'm caught up on maintenance and working steadily again hopefully ill get some good progress on my car.

I also recently gave my brother my style 19's and we put them on his e46, he should be ordering coil overs soon.

IMG_20130310_122254 by MGRAND3, on Flickr

meanwhile I find some new wheels i raised my car and am rocking his stocks and 15mm spacers to clear the coil overs.

IMG_20130310_122446 by MGRAND3, on Flickr

Are you gonna stay with 17s or go different sizes?

Instagram: @half_lung