Cross Country '60 Olds from Los Boulevardos CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Country '60 Olds from Los Boulevardos CC

What's up SW people. I'm Alex, a member of Los Boulevardos Car Club. Our goal is to keep the spirit of 1960's & 1970's style customs alive. We're often confused with a lowrider club, but our focus is much broader and different than popular lowriders you see today.

Slightly older car that a lot of y'all may not dig, but I'm here and need to do an intro.

This is my 1960 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 Scenicoupe:

Its all original, stock and complete with the exception of paint by Gary Seeds, Buick Skylark Wheels (the predecessor to TruSpokes/Starwires/Other modern wires), Diamond Back Tires (replicas of mid-60's imperial double whitewalls) & air-ride suspension.

I started a cross country drive last April and have made it all the way from Charleston, South Carolina to Northern California. Its been all back roads, roughly 5000+ miles so far. Only a couple hundred miles of interstate the entire trip. This August I will do my next leg, driving from San Fran to Portland.

I like to make videos. Here are a few of my flicks from crossing the country.

Cruising Colorado with my club brother Matt in his '73 Monte Carlo:

Colorado Cruising from Alex Rosen on Vimeo.

Cruising the Arizona Desert with my club brother (and talented painter) Freddie in his '60 Chevy Wagon:

Arizona Desert Cruising from Alex Rosen on Vimeo.

The Lone Star Roundup in Austin, TX:

Lone Star Roundup 2012 from Alex Rosen on Vimeo.

West Coast Kustoms Cruisin' Nationals Santa Maria, CA

Santa Maria 2012 from Alex Rosen on Vimeo.

I just returned from an incredible weekend in Northern California with my club and friends from Starlite Rod & Kustom. We attended the Deadend Magazine Cruise Night, NorCal Knockout and the Strangers BBQ. I'm working on the video now and look forward to sharing it with you.

Cheers,
    Alex

Los Boulevardos CC

Awesome.
    Originally posted by AMGwheelwhore
    Quitters never stance.

Comment

love this

welcome to StanceWorks
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Beautiful Car!

Welcome to S I W

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
        Originally posted by nickskater09
        I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

Awesome !!!

Comment

cool ride man, even cooler how much you drive it, and where and how far you take it!

Comment

God damn. Welcome to S|W Al.

Comment

Thees is naais

explain to a noob, what's difference between you and lowriders
                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                  explain to a noob, what's difference between you and lowriders
                  Happy to do it... The way our club looks at it, we're too late to be traditional (like hot rodders), too lowrider to be custom (like the 50's chopped guys), and too custom to be lowriders. Its a tough niche we try to fill, most of our cars are late 50's to early 70's models.

There was a period of time after the custom cars of the 50's, but before the lowriders of the late 70's where mainstream focus shifted away from custom cars (chopped tops/smoothed body panels/hubcaps/etc). It was still the sixties though, and people did whatever their imaginations came up with with what resources they had. Metal flake paint, lace patterns, wild psychedelic paintwork took the place of more expensive body modifications. Painters/builders like Larry Watson, Gene Winfield and Walt Prey shaped the scene. What we know of as lowriders today came out of custom cars, but focused more on paint/wheels/stance as opposed to custom body modifications.

Our goal is to glorify the era starting with Larry Watson's Grapevine...

...and ending with the first issue of Lowrider Magazine:

One of the biggest differences between our cars and a modern day lowrider is the wheels. You'll never see Daytons, McLeans or Chinese wire wheels on a Los Boulevardos car. We'll roll Astro Supreme, Cragars SS or Starwires, Rockets, Tru-Spokes, chrome reverse and a myriad of other period wheels. Then there's what I run - the '53-'55 Buick Skylark wire wheel. These were the gold standard for a wire wheel on a custom car back in the 60's. Gotta realize this is way before you could just go out and buy a custom wire wheel. Choices were limited and these stood out as the go-to wheel.

Hope that helps and thanks for letting me riff a bit. Here's a few of our club cars:

Caddy on Starwires w/ custom tube grille (Prospect Brian Motherfucking Morris in Chicago)

Another Chicago car, Harry K. aka Rasputin's '62 Catalina on reversed Rockets:

"White Line Fever" a '73 Monte Carlo owned by Monte Matt our of Colorado. Built to look like something a trucker would drive when home on weekends. Note the "scroll" style pinstripes (70's) and Tru-Spoke wheels.

Freddie's 1960 Chevy Wagon, rocking reversed Supremes and painted by Fab Freddie himself.

Errol's '71 Riviera with custom split front bumper and cragars + knockoffs:

Eryk'd Old School Style Lowrider - right outta the 70's. '67 Cutlass Supreme on Rockets. Lowrider Mag wanted him to swap to modern wire wheels for a feature, and he turned 'em down. What a stud.

Memo's Lincoln is a great example of our style. Dropped, paint, angel hair interior, cruised like a mofo.

Oh one last thing, we all drive the hell out of our cars. No trailers here...

Thanks again for letting me riff. I appreciate the interest.
                  Los Boulevardos CC

Comment

siiick cars in here.. i've been looking at early 70's great american coupes......
                    91 DiamondSchwartzMetallic S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Euro E30, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                    ig @rudestance / @renownusa

Comment

I learned something today from this thread.

I always figured the dudes on Supremes and Truespokes were just a different umm faction I guess of Lowriders.

Edit: Maybe facet was the word I am looking for, either way you get the idea.

I like em dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_The_BMXER View Post
                        I always figured the dudes on Supremes and Truespokes were just a different umm faction I guess of Lowriders.
                        Naw you got it, its just a more traditional and old-school style that has roots in customs of the fifties, but predates modern over-the-top lowrider style. One other nice thing about our club is that any one of our cars can roll into a lowrider show and fit right in, or roll into a traditional hot-rod/custom show and... fit right in

Thanks again for the warm reception.

One more pic to show you what we are about:

Last edited by Al Grain; 07-13-2012, 03:41 PM.
                        Los Boulevardos CC

Comment

OH MY GOD this is what i want my life to be....

Comment

Originally posted by Al Grain View Post
                            What's up SW people. I'm Alex, a member of Los Boulevardos Car Club. Our goal is to keep the spirit of 1960's & 1970's style customs alive. We're often confused with a lowrider club, but our focus is much broader and different than popular lowriders you see today.

Slightly older car that a lot of y'all may not dig, but I'm here and need to do an intro.
                            Wrong!!!

I love all of these cars you just posted. Also i must say that You'll get nothing but positive comments ( or so I hope ) as this site is all about low fitted cars.

A lot of what we do with our cars stems from All the styles you mentioned.

So Welcome!!
                            Instagram @wickedweiss

Fix your sig pic size cunt. <3 Ox.

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous cars, the lot of 'em. Mad respect for finding a niche and putting your whole heart into it.
                              -1997 Saab 9000cse Anniversary Edition - Bagged & Tuned
                              -1990 Saab 900 SPG - Holset & Track built
                              -1973 Mercedes-Benz 280 - Summer cruiser / mild resto project
                              -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

Working...
                              X