No announcement yet.

Dear Darla, I **** your stinkin' guts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can not believe I have been reading the fucking post for 3.5 hour. This was soo fucking........

AWESOME

Comment

• Was gonna say put your skirt on but then saw the feature.

Comment

• this is tight as titties yo

Comment

• Thanks everybody

Here's Mike and CLB snapping away for the feature.

It was a pretty spot and I had just cleaned the car up for my best friend's (rdn86lude) wedding, so I was stoked on the pictures, but besides that weekend, the E21 has been off of the road for a few months now.

Being honest, it has been degrading dramatically as far as drivable condition. The brakes were in really rough shape. One caliper froze open so it would pull severely on braking. The "bmw shimmy" had become an actual concern at 45-55. And the k-jet system is still in sad shape. I put the smoke machine on it to see if i could find any vacuum leaks, and the whole bay looked to be leaking.

So it was time for some parts. Started with the most dangerous concern: brakes and suspension.

New calipers, pads, rotors, and lines. There's still a blocked up line or an internal leak in my master cylinder though. But I'm narrowing down the issue, and it was an improvement. Also got new control arms. Our very own Neeko had a pair of inner urethane bushings he sent me a while back so I put those in as well. With the brakes still needing work, I'm not sure how the suspension feels with the new parts yet, but I can only assume it's an improvement.

The biggest difference visually is the side skirts I finished. Got them prepped and painted just in time for the wedding/photo shoot.

I like the look. Just need to mock up a rear lip and paint it white to match now. The skirts brought the center of the car down visually to match the front and now the rear looks kinda out of place. As far as the K-jet goes, I'm giving up on it. Sourced some Weber DCOE 45's and a manifold and linkage kit from our own Andrew Ritter, so I'm going carbed. I think that will match the theme of the car a lot better anyways.

Comment

• Carboration will be great. Skirts are okay I guess but not really you need a front + rear something to match. Duh

Comment

• Mighty nice stuff you've done there. I can't wait to hear this jewel with carbs on it. There's just something about that sound...
              IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• Originally posted by willis View Post
                Carboration will be great. Skirts are okay I guess but not really you need a front + rear something to match. Duh
                well it does have the euro motorsport front end. they're at the same level height wise. making a rear lip next.
                Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                Mighty nice stuff you've done there. I can't wait to hear this jewel with carbs on it. There's just something about that sound...
                yeah man i cant wait.

Comment

• something about nelson
                  Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                  You're the worst everything everywhere

Comment

• ah yes, nelson... perhaps I'll have something to post about that ol' pile tomorrow.

Comment

• I'm really excited about this thing being carbed & the skirts look fucking phenomenal. I demand a mountain run at Sowo
                      Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• chapter2
                        Last edited by bmwfan597; 06-05-2014, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X