Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soon moving to wasington. Need help on where to live.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soon moving to wasington. Need help on where to live.

Hey everyone im planning on moving to Washington soon and wanted to know where the scene is big out there. I dont really wanna move to a city thats far away from all the meets and events. I keep hearing good things about the state and i miss having rain and a bunch of trees everywhere.

Any advice would be great. Thanks!
    SC300, BPU 1JZGTE, Supra BBK, Stance GR+

Theres a lot going on in the Seattle area. I lived in Kirkland for a couple months, I liked it there.
    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Gig Harbor is really nice, a lot of stuffy people but otherwise a really nice place to live. About 45-ish minutes away from Seattle. But if you want to be in the middle of it all then live in Seattle, just expect high housing costs.

Comment

buying or renting? prices are all over the place here.
        *~* Yamaguchi-gumi Syndicate Member #59,005 *~*
        // Bippu-Car \\

Comment

Usually south of Seattle you'll find cheaper housing (kent, federal way, renton, puyallup, tacoma, burien,etc.) and its still pretty close to Seattle, its one big metro area

Comment

I'm in Lacey. Its a nice place. Just recently moved here so I'm not sure on how big the car scene is here.
            1987 Chevy Cavalier z24- Sold
            2005 Saturn ION Redline- Sold
            2001 Kia Spectra GSX- Sold
            1996 Honda Accord Lx- Sold
            1986 Chevy Camaro z28- Sold
            1980 BMW 733i- Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Xtra Big Kahuna View Post
              Gig Harbor is really nice, a lot of stuffy people but otherwise a really nice place to live. About 45-ish minutes away from Seattle. But if you want to be in the middle of it all then live in Seattle, just expect high housing costs.
              agreed im in gig harbor its a great place to be and nice easy cruz to seattle when theres a meet
              OPTN B CAR CLUB

Comment

An option is to live on the west side of the Sound as well; Silverdale, Bremerton, Poulsbo, Bainbridge Island... from there you just hop on the ferry and cruise over to Seattle. 99% of the time I never take my car over to Seattle (bad traffic, shitty roads, horrible parking situation) so I just walk onto the ferry and walk back.

When theres meets on that side, I obviously drive. Its a pretty easy experience.
                --Tristin

Comment

Originally posted by tristingrind View Post
                  an option is to live on the west side of the sound as well; silverdale, bremerton, poulsbo, bainbridge island... From there you just hop on the ferry and cruise over to seattle. 99% of the time i never take my car over to seattle (bad traffic, shitty roads, horrible parking situation) so i just walk onto the ferry and walk back.

When theres meets on that side, i obviously drive. Its a pretty easy experience.

bump for "couldnt say it better"
                  OPTN B CAR CLUB

Comment

i live on the eastside of lake washington, kirkland specifically, but it's great. so is bellevue and redmond and its justs a 15 min commute to seattle

Comment

youll for sure see a car scene there!!!!!

WELCOME TO THE PNW!!
                      OPTN B CAR CLUB

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks for the info everyone.

Ive heard good things about olympia and lacey from a few friends that live there.

You guys know where the drift tracks are out there?
                        SC300, BPU 1JZGTE, Supra BBK, Stance GR+

Comment

I've been here for about 4 months now and i like it. I bought a house in Federal Way because i work in Auburn and it's right in between Seattle and Tacoma. Not sure on how the car scene is because i haven't really met anyone but i like it here.
                          2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK500- daily

2000 BMW 323 Touring- S54, air, etc project

Comment

Don't want to thread jack but I'm also moving up there. Been looking at Bellevue and Kirkland, gonna be renting for now. Would love to have a place with at least a one car garage to keep my e24 and motorcycle in.
                            Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                            2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

I'd try and live close to where you are working. Traffic gets pretty awful out here so I'd try and keep your commute as short as possible. I live and work in Bellevue and love it, it's super central and I have a 15 minute drive into work everyday. Kirkland is cool too.

@projects_always

Comment

Working...
                              X