Moar Wagons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moar Wagons

Here is what I have done so far to my 1990 Civic Wagon. I'll run through it pretty quickly, more pictures less words.

This is the way it looked the day I brought it home.

Next I got some Integra Fat Fives and painted them. As well as purchase some used Tokico Blue shocks and Tien lowering springs. Not low enough...

Also added a wink mirror and miniature baseball bat shifter

Next came a bent valve so I had to tear it down and put it back together.

So then I sold the wheels and suspension and it looked like this for about two months

Then these came in the mail. Rokkor coilovers, and lowered it again. It sits just right for me now.

Last update is new wheels. they aren't the most expensive, but they work perfectly for me. XXR 530's 16x8.25 +0 offset with 205/40/16 Falken 512 tires.

And I'll end this first post with my favorite shot of it so far.

90 Civic Wagon Build Thread
    1989 Mustang GT

Looks good... what rims are the gold ones?

Comment

@ dropped.:Come on man! It's in the post!
      Learn to read, or GTFO!

Love the wagon man, I love seeing wagons getting the low treatement!
      If shit can happen, shit's bound to happen.

Comment

someday i want to find one of these they are soo cool done up properly, keep up the good work
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

I actually don't like those wheels on it maybe some older classic wheels for a more periodic fit?

Comment

I had a Wagonvan for a week. It was an automatic and needed bodywork so I sold it. Still on the lookout for a 5 or 6 speed. The wheels surprisingly work well on the car. How much lower can you go on the coils? How much did they cost? And what car did you buy them for? If I remember correctly the rear control arms are different on these. They are like half civic half integra or half EG have DA. Spring rates either too soft or too firm..... something like that.
            DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
            E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

They are Rokkor coilovers for a 89-91 CRX. You are probably thinking of the pre 89 models, they came with a different LCA, so the mounting of the rear struts are different. You can use any suspension from an 89-91 CRX and it will work. The front coils have about a half inch to an inch left to go down, but I think it is good now. Its my daily and is plenty low. The rear needs to come down though, I will have to cut a coil off.

@sally pu => I would like some more period correct wheels, I really wanted to do some salad shooters or sawblades off of a C4 but don't want to run adapters. I really wanted to get away from the played out 4x100 wheels that I always see around, these will be that way at some point since they are xxr's, but they are new and not many people have them so I am happy with them.

1989 Mustang GT

Comment

is this the awd version? either way, love it!

IG: Nick475

Comment

DUDE. those 530's look money. what a change. And for the better. Nice work.
                  Anthony, Vancouver Canada

1990 Nissan 240sx Daily driver
                  1990 Nissan laurel [Never ending project]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by e30_vert View Post
                    DUDE. those 530's look money. what a change. And for the better. Nice work.
                    Yes!

My build thread>http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31670

Sparkin CB7

Comment

I was in a rush, and just scrolling through the pics... no need to be a douche

Comment

any fitment issues with the rims?

Comment

Nope, no rubbing at all. Even over big bumps, I accidentally hit a big pothole the other day and the tires still look new. I still don't like how high the rear is, but it will be staying like this for a good while I think.

1989 Mustang GT

Comment

You didn't have to roll your fenders at all to make the xxr's fit?

Comment

yes, I think it is pretty obvious that the fronts are rolled and pulled pretty heavily so I assumed thats what he meant but I could be wrong. +0 offset on the wagons sticks out a good bit from the fenders, I'll get a picture of the rear fitment. I didn't have to roll the rears yet, but I will soon because it needs to go lower. Once I get some adjustable camber arms I will have to cut the springs because they are wound down all the way as it sits.

1989 Mustang GT

Comment

Working...
                              X