Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moar Wagons

Default Moar Wagons

Here is what I have done so far to my 1990 Civic Wagon. I'll run through it pretty quickly, more pictures less words.

This is the way it looked the day I brought it home.

Next I got some Integra Fat Fives and painted them. As well as purchase some used Tokico Blue shocks and Tien lowering springs. Not low enough...

Also added a wink mirror and miniature baseball bat shifter

Next came a bent valve so I had to tear it down and put it back together.

So then I sold the wheels and suspension and it looked like this for about two months

Then these came in the mail. Rokkor coilovers, and lowered it again. It sits just right for me now.

Last update is new wheels. they aren't the most expensive, but they work perfectly for me. XXR 530's 16x8.25 +0 offset with 205/40/16 Falken 512 tires.

And I'll end this first post with my favorite shot of it so far.

Looks good... what rims are the gold ones?

@ dropped.:Come on man! It's in the post!
    Learn to read, or GTFO!

Love the wagon man, I love seeing wagons getting the low treatement!

someday i want to find one of these they are soo cool done up properly, keep up the good work
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

I actually don't like those wheels on it maybe some older classic wheels for a more periodic fit?

I had a Wagonvan for a week. It was an automatic and needed bodywork so I sold it. Still on the lookout for a 5 or 6 speed. The wheels surprisingly work well on the car. How much lower can you go on the coils? How much did they cost? And what car did you buy them for? If I remember correctly the rear control arms are different on these. They are like half civic half integra or half EG have DA. Spring rates either too soft or too firm..... something like that.

They are Rokkor coilovers for a 89-91 CRX. You are probably thinking of the pre 89 models, they came with a different LCA, so the mounting of the rear struts are different. You can use any suspension from an 89-91 CRX and it will work. The front coils have about a half inch to an inch left to go down, but I think it is good now. Its my daily and is plenty low. The rear needs to come down though, I will have to cut a coil off.

@sally pu => I would like some more period correct wheels, I really wanted to do some salad shooters or sawblades off of a C4 but don't want to run adapters. I really wanted to get away from the played out 4x100 wheels that I always see around, these will be that way at some point since they are xxr's, but they are new and not many people have them so I am happy with them.

is this the awd version? either way, love it!

DUDE. those 530's look money. what a change. And for the better. Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by e30_vert View Post
    DUDE. those 530's look money. what a change. And for the better. Nice work.
    Yes!

I was in a rush, and just scrolling through the pics... no need to be a douche

any fitment issues with the rims?

Nope, no rubbing at all. Even over big bumps, I accidentally hit a big pothole the other day and the tires still look new. I still don't like how high the rear is, but it will be staying like this for a good while I think.

You didn't have to roll your fenders at all to make the xxr's fit?

yes, I think it is pretty obvious that the fronts are rolled and pulled pretty heavily so I assumed thats what he meant but I could be wrong. +0 offset on the wagons sticks out a good bit from the fenders, I'll get a picture of the rear fitment. I didn't have to roll the rears yet, but I will soon because it needs to go lower. Once I get some adjustable camber arms I will have to cut the springs because they are wound down all the way as it sits.

Looks great, I absolutely love civic and accord wagons.

I was on my phone and the pictures wouldn't load so I couldn't see the fenders. And by the way you were talking about having no fitment issues, I figured you didn't have to do any rolling, which I couldn't believe with that wide of a rim and 0 offset. But now I see the pictures, and it looks really nice man. I love it. Keep up the great work!

Thanks guys! I'm hopefully going to be lowering the rear soon and some more camber in the back.

RTWago: I just read through my post and didn't mean to come off as a douche, but yes the fenders will definitely need to be rolled and pulled if going 8" wide and over +20 offset I believe

Very nice. I've been drooling over these for a while. Impossibruuuu to find where I'm from.

radness

Looks good man! Where at in ga are you?

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
    Quote Originally Posted by nickskater09 View Post
    I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

I'm in Atlanta going to GT this semester

im digging the hover car look

Quote Originally Posted by black_89gt View Post
    I'm in Atlanta going to GT this semester
    Okay cool. I'm only about 30 Min from ATL

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
    Quote Originally Posted by nickskater09 View Post
    I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Love these wagons. Xxrs are perfect.