X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks soo good now, cant wait to see more progress
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Hell yeah! I'm liking that Safari grill, lol.

Comment

--Tristin

Comment

i like this

build thread?

Comment

Comment

Hahaha theres a familiar face... whats happening Indy? Figured I should see what all the hype is about here; seems like a lot of traffic.

Edit: and unless I magically pick up an E9, I dont think Ill ever own a BMW.
              Last edited by tristinGrind; 06-20-2012, 01:12 PM.
              --Tristin

Comment

Datsun will always have a soft spot in my heart. You should swap the L28et in it

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                  Datsun will always have a soft spot in my heart. You should swap the L28et in it
                  It would be pretty hard to fit a straight six under that hood... V6 no problem, but not a straight six.

Well, rummaging through my stuff I remembered that I bought a steering wheel for it, but have no hub to mount it. So now its just a gorgeous paperweight right now. I wish I could scrounge together the cash to pick up a hub, but the funds arent there right now. Ive been thinking of making my own hub at work for a quick fix until I can buy a better one.

That might be a weekend project for tomorrow.

--Tristin

Comment

Sick wheel man! That car is badass
                    My '66 C10 Build
                    My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Thanks mate!

Also, while on lunch break the other day, I did a quick doodle of what Im looking for in my engine bay:

Im thinking of removing the two center headlights to provide airflow. The drivers headlight will flow straight into my carbs, while the passengers will flow into an RX7 oil cooler I already have. I will mount it vertically and cover it in a shroud to help direct cold air directly through it. If you look at the sketch, the orange highlighter represents the shroud(s) Im looking to fabricate. It will go along the top of the radiator support, along the sides of the radiator, and cover the oil cooler. That should direct flow straight through my radiator and oil cooler to provide adequate cooling on both fluids.

Tomorrow I will go take some measurements to see what its going to take to make a shroud work. I wont be able to complete a final piece until I pick up a new radiator, but I should be able to make a decent run at it with dimensions from the companies website.
                      --Tristin

Comment

looks great! love the new wheels

IG: Nick475

Comment

Thanks!

I actually have a line on a set thats even better (read: larger, dishier, rarer). Its going to take some work to fit them though... Im going to need to drop the car even more, cut my fenders, and fit some flares. Other than being expensive, its pretty easy.

My biggest issue is that the rear fender wells are part of how the rear door shuts and seals. So I might need to forgo the use of my rear doors and just keep them sealed the whole time. Im going to have to cut the fender, wheel well, and door itself. Then install the flare over the door seam and slice it to allow the door to open (or at least look like it will open).
                          --Tristin

Comment

love it. always wanted a 510 real bad.
                            doing it for the internet and the scene kids.

Comment

uhhhh. dope!

Comment

Ugg love 510's. want one so bad. One day... love the steering wheel colour to match the car

Comment

Working...
                                X