Joeys E36 328i Vert, From The Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to SW dude.

Not u have no excuse but to let me lower it. :-)

Originally posted by Geoff.T
    E36 owners. Take note on how its done from the Mexican or see main page.
    MexicanFabEFFSIXTWO
    Instagram:MexicanFab
    YouTube Vlog. Go watch!

Comment

Nice build.

What was the reason behind ditching the coilovers for the Eibach/Bilstein combo? I know it's a solid package that everyone has used for years, I just wanted to get your thoughts on the differences between the two set-ups.

And did you happen to finish the manual conversion?
      I drive too fast to worry about cholesterol.

Comment

Originally posted by nvrlft View Post
        Nice build.

What was the reason behind ditching the coilovers for the Eibach/Bilstein combo? I know it's a solid package that everyone has used for years, I just wanted to get your thoughts on the differences between the two set-ups.

And did you happen to finish the manual conversion?
        I went from eBay cheapies to the eibach setup as I found around london with the condition of the roads that the eBay cool overs where too stiff and had no comfort what so ever! What I forgot to add to this journal is that I've fitted gaz ghacoil overs now instead!

And yes I did complete my manual conversion!

Comment

Just found a few pics i dont think I've posted yet!

Just a little sneak peak what I've been gathering lately

Stumbled across a good deal so had to be done!

Swapped my Evo reversed mounts for a set of hsd adjustable mounts!!!

And currently refurbing something to go on the back

Was ment to be getting a respray before Gaydon but my sprayer is on holiday for 2weeks from the 5th

Well been a busy lad yesterday! I was looking through some pics and noticed my headlights stand out a bit too much for my liking! so I decided to tint them

One done one not

Both done

Then I got a bit carried away and did the white light on my rear m3 clusters

Pretty pleased to be honest! Put it on the mot light machine and no change to the output what so ever

Let me know what you think!!

Just a few pics in the day light

And one because I liked it!

Comment

Well well well! When fitting the hsd coilovers last week I noticed that my shocks were pretty fubarred! So decided to look for a replacement! I've been looking at hsds for a long time but couldnt justify the price! Long story cut short! My boss owed my a tool box for staying for a year! And I don't really get on the tools as much as I used to ( do invoices, ordering, running the buisness ) I said to him fancy getting me my new suspension! 20 mins later I had the business card in my hand and on the drift works website! Actually getting these out of the box was a joyous occasion as the only time id had new suspension was when I got brand new shocks and eibach springs back when I got the car?

Not many pics of fitting but just two I took up front!

Full camber full castor

Car handles so well now! Old shocks must have been pretty much past there best!

Also managed to destroy my m3 back box, For a good reason of course! I cut the flanges off and had them welded onto my miltek back box so I could bolt on and off the exhaust unlike when I had it on the 328 where it was one welded piece!

I must say the weight difference from m3 parts to 328 parts is immense! I could get my 328 cats and miltek down on my own and carry it out of the car, the m3 back box alone weighs a tonne, then the cats weigh a tonne Aswell. Such a difference! The miltek on sounds ace and really smartened the rear end again I missed the proper twin pipes! It's either a placebo affect or it's real but the car feels so much quicker and more free flowing now!

A pic of it being welded! I got it bolted together to keep it all straight!

Then after getting all this sorted I gave the car a clean and then went and met a few mates!!

Got back from Gaydon really buzzing had a great day! Great company, great cars, 4x4 off road entrance! Lol

Heres a few naff pics I've got lol

Big thanks to Saty as we arranged a steering wheel swap plus some cash his way to help to reduce the price of Elanor!

With the added new suspension recently, this wheel the storm Gear knob makes this car drive like an absolute dream!!!

Also picked up a Hifi switch of Saty that i plan to be using on a future project :P

Comment

Update 9.9.12

Well it's a lazy Sunday and I thought I'd do some car stuffs! Had a little look through my collection an thought I'd set about stripping my Evo cover for a refurb soon!

My rocker cover looks like some one has attacked it with a jet wash at some point so I picked up another, the one I picked up look good in photos but it was in a state aswell! I knew this and got it pretty cheap so not to fussed!

Heres a few pics of the process

I havent got the paint to finish it yet so when i order some I'll get some pics of that! Looking forward to having a tidy bay!

Also found out I don't need special sockets for my type 2 wheels as they are 12 sided not 10 sided like the annoying oz ones!!

That's all folks

well at work today not much is going on so i started to strip the 10J E31 Ac Schnitzer alloy i had ready for a few things ive got planned over the winter months!

Hmmm 3" lip :P

Just awaiting a few other peices and will have some custom wheels for next year

Thanks for looking

Well well well!

Ended up stripping all the paint from the 3" lip and playing around with one of the spare centers ive got sitting around!

Good ole nitro Morse! works its wonders yet again!

After id removed all of the paint i managed to pop to halfords and pick up a polishing kit and some autosol!
              A few fail attempts to hold the lips as i polished it resulted in a genius idea!

This kept the lip still and was a good height to work at, only had a quick play to see if i fancied doing all 4!

Don't think there going to be too hard so going to try them all diy first!

Oh and my weapon of choice

Mu ha ha ha!

Enjoy guys

Whoops! Been on the net again and stumbled across a pair of ac schnitzer type 2 mirrors and they are already in my color and look pretty mint! Coming from over seas but looking forward to it!

There even coming with a nice little ac schnitzer brochure! Looking forward to fitting them

Right guys thats where im currently up to with my lifetime project! its slowly getting done and im pleased at how its turned out! hope you guys like it!!!

Comment

Forgot to mention the other day i fitted an e46 m3 crank pulley to my engine to underdrive everything!

Felt a bit quicker to rev up but that's probably a placebo affect lol

No pics in action as I was pretty much in action lol!!

Managed to get another acs goody in the form of a carbon acs strutbrace

Can't wait to fit it!

Just had a sneak peek of my big leather update

To say I can't wait it a bit of an understatement!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mr sideways
                  Make with the pics already!
                  Ha ha! I've literally just got back as had to show a few friends what it looks like! And to say I'm happy is a complete understatement! I'm in love with it!

All I can honestly say is wow! Really transformed the car! I've Actually got a headache as I think i was smiling all the way home!!!

Thanks again sleeper!!!!

Comment

Just got round to fitting the carbon brace and it really suits the engine bay when I fitted it! Had a bit of a dilemma at first as the turret tops marked L and R when fitted as they are intended would mean the bolt holes would not line up! Oh bugger I thought! Then I decided to swap them them round and hey presto the holes line up! Few!!!

I also have the car some much needed tlc and its been away for two weeks and needed a thorough clean

Well well well another bloody update! Me again lol! Just got a few pics of my front lips after dips has worked his magic!

Pretty excited to get this all sorted!

Did a little bit more refurbing of a spare rocker cover I've got

All masked up! That took ages lol

All sprayed and heated! Looks pretty good!!

Rocker cover finished came our pretty dam good if I say so my self!!!

Not bad for a first try!!!

Comment

It's that time of year again! Hardtop has come out to play!

That's all for today

It's been a while but a pretty nice update I must say so my self, early tomorrow morning I will be going over to north London to fit a few special pieces I've been waiting for!

They consist of Geoff steel carbon air box, remapped Ecu, all pipe work, few other small odds and sods

Acs front lip

Last but not least
                      Acs rear diffuser

Excited much! Feels like Christmas had come early lol
                      Just a little teaser for now

still yet to get proper pics yet as the car is filthy but here's one of the bay

And what I'm doing in my kitchen lol

Comment

Just a few naff pics of the diffuser fitted

I haven't color coded it as I like the ends black and this was how it came from the factory!

And just one pic of the front ;p

Comment

Looks good, you should put the hardtop from the m3 on it
                          Not a cop

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Australian Stance View Post
                              Looks good, you should put the hardtop from the m3 on it
                              It already has a hardtop on it.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X