No announcement yet.

Joeys E36 328i Vert, From The Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a few pics of where she's staying tonight!

Comment

Wee update!!!

Had arch enemy com and roll the lip on my arches on Friday! He done a good job but unfortunately it still catches at one point so 2 mates and I have invested in an arch roller! So yesterday I set about rolling some metal

Better fit now! Done a slight flare looks good tho

Comment

She's out and about! Dam it feels good to finally drive her again!!!!

Comment

Not much of an update but happy to say i got my steering wheel controls to work with my pioneer headunit! So happy days!!!

Ps. Ignore the obc I've got low washer fluid because of a leak!!

Comment

Ooooosshhhhhhh!!!

Right replaced my prop bearing hoping I would resolve an annoying noise! But hey no joy!!!!

Gotta say a big thanks to Aaron for getting me it so fast!!!

Waiting for a few friends to go ace cafe the night before I got bored and took some pics lol

Comment

Wee little update as i havent really updated in a few weeks!

Went to ace cafe bmw day was feeling very rough so just had a little nose around!
              No pics of the show cars but one before we set off

drove up in age order! was funny seeing every one do a quadrouple take 1.2.3.4 lol!

Fitted my eibach roll bars

only pic ive got as we all know what a roll bar looks like!
              But dam does this car handle well now!!!

On my way to work i thought my engine seemed a bit grumbly, so as i was nearly there i take the last corner and loose power steering! I accelerated and it came back to i thought ahh it just the belt no biggie! then as i pull up at work i notise a nice little bit of steam coming from my kidney grills! so u pop the bonnet to notise my viscous fan pulled all the way to the right!

Turns out my water pump gave up! if you see it as i pulled it out, It is beyond gone like moves in every way you can imagine no idea how it lasted so long with no signs!!

An hour later and new one was in and car was bled up nicely!
              What a palava!!!

Enjoy folks!!

Comment

Well after my rebuild I wasnt happy with my diff as it when on the over run youd hear a humming sound and it basically got on my tits! I managed to pick up a low mileage Evo diff! So it was swapped around last night! I'm a pro at this now ive got it down to 2 hours and 15 minutes!!! That's full diff down, full exhaust to manifold ( dam you one peice exhaust), prop down, rear roll bar off, new one in and reversal of removal!

Not many pics of it happening but here's 3 on the ramp

Going Santa pod on Saturday! Will be then back Sunday for our Krispy Kreme meet!!!

Comment

Right yet another update!

THE BIG ONE!!!
                  I've been in cahoots with Chris at CR M-TEC and he has been sourcing me an engine for my car! He found me a nice 99k mile smg engine so I send over some moolah and waited a while he offered to fit arp bolts for me so I thought it would be rude not to! He sent me a few pictures of it today! And to say I'm excited is by far the biggest understatement know to man!!!!

And here's a cheeky one I took at the petrol garage last night!

Comment

Got an email from Chris @ cr mtec (chris.crmtech@btinternet.com) telling me my engine is ready and has the all clear to be a very nice engine

He's fitted arp bolts for me and serviced the engine ready to be fitted! Steam cleaned everything and dam it looks spanking!!!

Here are the pics he sent me!

And here's one from the meet i arranged at the graffiti tunnel!

Comment

Right this is happening very fast! I full tanked the car Friday for its journey to shrewsbury!

And this cost me

There was a guy in a Porsche putting in 50 squid looked over at me and smiled lol!

Got a few pics of the process!

Only started working on it today! Talk about professional! He said it should be ready by Tuesday! Can't bloody wait!!

Thanks for reading!

Comment

Right this is a stupidly quick turn around but the car has the engine in and there's a few little bits to do but it's basically done! Considering I have him the car Friday evening and he never touched it Sunday I'm more than pleased!!!!!

Little bit of roll bar clearance ;

That's all for now folks! Im just awaiting the return

Comment

Too bad about the accident.. good thing you're rebuilding her! I love E36 verts!
                          Edit: I didn't notice your updates! hahaha nice E36 with a nice engine!
                          Last edited by Obscevator; 06-18-2012, 03:39 AM.

BMW E30 316 Type 1 "Isabel"

Originally posted by NickBroderick
                          I saw a stock height vette scrape into a restaurant parking lot when I was dropping off my brother for work. I then scraped a lot more than him and became happy.

Comment

Here's a list of what was changed!!

so for your build thread here is a list of what parts we have fitted

Complete M3 3.2 evo engine. 99k FSH ARP bolted and freshly serviced inc draining of oil cooler, pipes, steam cleaning of sump, genuine M3 oil filter and 7.75litres of Castrol TWS 10W60 motorsport oil.
                            M3 radiator, coolant pipes, header tank and header tank bracket
                            M3 oil cooler with pipes
                            M3 radiator shroud and top cover
                            M3 radiator mounting brackets
                            M3 servo vacuum pipes complete from servo to engine
                            M3 throttle cable
                            M3 3.2 5bar fuel pump
                            M3 3.2 high pressure fuel lines from front to back inc filter
                            M3 cat and back box
                            M3 air box
                            M3 ecu, ews module and chip in the key
                            Throttle peddle stop
                            Full diagnostic check - no faults found and all service lights reset
                            New Power steering fluid
                            new coolant

An M3 engine only takes 6.5litres of oil when you do an oil change but not when sump is removed and cooler drained, they take almost 8 from a dry engine so you know know its had a complete oil change not just a partial one !

oh and why fit ARP bolts ? cos there 20 times stronger, the same price as stock ones and that any engine at 100k should have replacement rod bolts regardless, engines were not designed to last forever especially not high performance race engines!

Comment

Thats how she stands to date! still enjoying Mpower just getting used to things! i plan to get 3" 35 bolt oz dishes for the wheels to make a 10" et20 rear! but at the moment are finding hard to source!

Thanks for looking people! sorry its a bit long :P

Comment

Originally posted by Obscevator View Post
                                Too bad about the accident.. good thing you're rebuilding her! I love E36 verts!
                                Thank you mate, its a love you cant get rid of with these cars!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X