I ♥ my Sonderklasse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by w201e34 View Post
    in regards to the trans, take a look at the page. after the text about what happened, he details different components of the trans and what controls them.
    i found this looking for why my 190e's trans lost first and second gear. good info
    http://benzbeat.blogspot.com/2011/06...sion-woes.html
    hope it helps!
    Thanks for the link. I'll have to order the K1 K2 kit and see if it helps at all. My flex disc died again. This time I ordered the good one.

1989 Chevy Camaro RS | 1981 Mercedes 500SE AMG

Originally posted by Skraight.
    And don't let the **** from the guy above get to you, he said he is saving up to buy a del sol lol.

Comment

Replaced the flex disc again today. This one only lasted 4 months. Won't be buying anything from Üro parts again..

And don't let the **** from the guy above get to you, he said he is saving up to buy a del sol lol.

Comment

ouch... gotta buy the good parts maing. Thats an important piece. Glad to hear you got the right one coming in. Love the ride BTW.
        Sometimes you eat the bar, and... well, sometimes it eats you...

Build thread here:
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=40225

Comment

Lovin' the benz! Makes me wanna find one myself.
          sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

with flex disks going that soon, you might wanna look into getting your driveshaft rebalanced. they shouldn't rip that easily.
            Balls Deep Squad.

Comment

Originally posted by w201e34 View Post
              with flex disks going that soon, you might wanna look into getting your driveshaft rebalanced. they shouldn't rip that easily.
              It was one of those shitty Üro brand parts. I went with the OEM part this time, shouldn't have a problem.

Comment

Well, the trans is done for, won't even go into gear now. Looking at the possibility of a 5 speed swap.

Comment

Fawk! Sorry to hear that. Sell me the Merc's wheels to fund your swap. ;D

I've used cheep guibo's in all of my past BMW's and they've never gave up that quickly. Check your driveshaft angle. Are you getting some abnormal vibrations?
                  We lookin' for the girls with the big booty stance.

Comment

Originally posted by Unit01 View Post
                    Fawk! Sorry to hear that. Sell me the Merc's wheels to fund your swap. ;D

I've used cheep guibo's in all of my past BMW's and they've never gave up that quickly. Check your driveshaft angle. Are you getting some abnormal vibrations?
                    Lol, I've already got the money for the swap. I've even sourced a Getrag 265. No odd vibrations, just it won't go in gear. You put it in any gear, it doesn't go anywhere.

Gonna check with a buddy on getting stuff made for the swap and doing it. He's got the tools and resources to do it, so I just need to see how much he wants to do it. Lol

Comment

Found a 85 500SEC Euro for parts. Runs and drives fine, just has a nightmare of vacuum issues. Sell wants some stuff off it, but nothing I need so I'm picking it up for $250.

Comment

hey i was curious do these cars have a center support bearing?
                        i know one of the three e30's i have owned over the years had an issue with eating flex discs. when i got the car i pretty much was so hard on it it ate the one it had up that was on it when i got the car. i put a new one on and all was ok for a couple weeks or less then it ate the center support bearing. i replaced that and within a week the flex disc was tore up this time i hadnt been hard on the car.
                        thats when i checked out r3v and people were saying its necessary to replace both at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by supere30 View Post
                          hey i was curious do these cars have a center support bearing?
                          i know one of the three e30's i have owned over the years had an issue with eating flex discs. when i got the car i pretty much was so hard on it it ate the one it had up that was on it when i got the car. i put a new one on and all was ok for a couple weeks or less then it ate the center support bearing. i replaced that and within a week the flex disc was tore up this time i hadnt been hard on the car.
                          thats when i checked out r3v and people were saying its necessary to replace both at the same time.
                          I'm not sure if there is. Ill have to check for it when I pull the heat shields under the car to replace the trans. Car doesn't move so its not a priority for me.

Comment

Gots me a new front Euro plate.

Comment

Bought a replacement trans today, 76k miles. Ships out from MA Monday. I'm selling the Camaro here pretty soon, so the Merc will be my daily once again.

Comment

I love that license plate.

Good to see that you're still sticking with this, its definitely a worthy car

Comment

Working...
                                X