No announcement yet.

I ♥ my Sonderklasse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the lack of updates, car has been down with a dead alt and the brakes not working properly, I have fixed the alt and now I believe I know what's wrong with the brake system. It seems that my check valve died, and started to leak vacuum. So I'm on the hunt for a new line, but have not been able to find a brand new one, AutohausAZ and parts.com are a no go, and I'm not sure if the dealer sells that part. Any suggestions? Or if any of you guys have the vacuum line with working check valve from booster to motor I'll buy and and pay to have it overnighted to me.

I did take the stickers off the rear window, looks much cleaner now, will post pics later.

1989 Chevy Camaro RS | 1981 Mercedes 500SE AMG

Originally posted by Skraight.
    And don't let the **** from the guy above get to you, he said he is saving up to buy a del sol lol.

Comment

I've been scope'n your build since you joined. Car is a beast and it's cool that you're in C. Fl.

Been a while since I've worked on a w126 but can you just retrofit a universal inline one?

You might be able to "gut" the original one if you still need it for the nipple part.
      Originally posted by AMGwheelwhore
      Quitters never stance.

Comment

Originally posted by jacbo View Post
        I've been scope'n your build since you joined. Car is a beast and it's cool that you're in C. Fl.

Been a while since I've worked on a w126 but can you just retrofit a universal inline one?

You might be able to "gut" the original one if you still need it for the nipple part.
        I'll see if I can rig in a universal. I need something as the car is my current daily until I can replace the motor in the Camaro, soft brakes aren't nice for it. Lol. I think I tossed the old one, but no clue as to when, I've forgotten.

And don't let the **** from the guy above get to you, he said he is saving up to buy a del sol lol.

Comment

yay

this makes me happy
          Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

I'm going to be picking up a new brake vacuum hose/check valve this weekend, also I'm calling around for prices on getting my Flowmasters and tips installed. Probably going to be fixing the Camaro this weekend as well. I need a better DD.

I'd say next month I will be on the hunt for a wrecked early-mid 90's S600 or SL600. I'm thinking a V12 swap will be in order.

Comment

Love what you're doing.
              fwiw: Kent at www.mercedessource.com has fair priced goods and a ton of free how to videos

Here's my '79 300 rolling on Michelin Pilots and AMG gen 1s:
              Rollin' Biodiesel in the Bluegrass

Comment

Originally posted by SilverBullet1979 View Post
                Love what you're doing.
                fwiw: Kent at www.mercedessource.com has fair priced goods and a ton of free how to videos

Here's my '79 300 rolling on Michelin Pilots and AMG gen 1s:
                http://m.flickr.com/photos/76267949@...4639/lightbox/
                What size are your Gen 1s? They don't seem to have as much of a lip as mine.

Comment

Well guys, I have some seriously bad news. Was checking my vacuum pump, and the entire trunk is rusted, a few holes too. I already knew the front frame rail has a hole, but its worse than I thought. Considering parting the car, not really sure where I want to go with it from here.

Comment

I don't know if I would jump to parting it already. Rust is bad and all but if you were using it and driving it and didn't know about it until now it can't be that bad. I would spend a couple of bucks and fix the brakes and keep driving it for a while. Maybe consider parting it out when something major/expensive goes wrong.
                    Its a fucking 500SE AMG man, awesome car. Alot of people would kill to have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid Kid View Post
                      I don't know if I would jump to parting it already. Rust is bad and all but if you were using it and driving it and didn't know about it until now it can't be that bad. I would spend a couple of bucks and fix the brakes and keep driving it for a while. Maybe consider parting it out when something major/expensive goes wrong.
                      Its a fucking 500SE AMG man, awesome car. Alot of people would kill to have one.
                      Motor/trans are about dead as well. I'm not sure what's next for it. I'm just waiting for the brake part to come. We'll see what happens, gonna put my exhaust on it tomorrow. Thing is man, the car is falling apart. Lots of shit is failing, and the rust, doesn't make it better, car needs a full resto. I might keep driving it for a little bit, but I dunno. I'm just a little downtrodden.

If I parted it, I'd get something along the lines of a E46 M3. I'd love a 06 M5, but I can't afford that. Lol.

Edit: After some looking, IF I decide to bail on the car, I'd be looking for a E24 M5.
                      Last edited by RubbderDucky; 07-20-2012, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Awesome build so far man dont give up these cars are old and stubborn sometimes but let me tell you they are well worth it!! I am the only one in my crew with a benz I had a 87 300E and sold it for a 240 :/ got rid of that thing and bought a 94 E420 which will hopefully be stanced soon enough and I just recently inherited my grandpa's 91 350SD and your build is giving me a lot of ideas so hopefully some day it will be on the floor or have some nice stance like yours. Dont forget about the MB forums for help man they seem to save me everytime.
                        97 E36 328iC

/ / CGOD \ \
                        instagram : @rod_esti

Comment

Love it. Get a dupli-color paint code matched can to rattle bomb the valance until you can paint the whole car or whatever. The chipped up stuff going on up front is bringing down the look of the car. And so are those stickers. My honda doesn't suck at all . And love the wheels. I say keep them and go a bit lower.

Comment

Originally posted by C-Hutch View Post
                            Love it. Get a dupli-color paint code matched can to rattle bomb the valance until you can paint the whole car or whatever. The chipped up stuff going on up front is bringing down the look of the car. And so are those stickers. My honda doesn't suck at all . And love the wheels. I say keep them and go a bit lower.
                            Stickers are gone, but I found a shit ton of rust in the trunk, its also got a hole in the drivers side frame rail. So I'm really deciding what I want to do. I'd love to keep it, but I just can't afford to replace half the car.

Comment

Then just slam the car and grind the rust away with the pavement

Comment

Originally posted by axelillo_PR View Post
                                Then just slam the car and grind the rust away with the pavement
                                +over 9000.
                                Pictars Here.

Comment

Working...
                                X