I ♥ my Sonderklasse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ♥ my Sonderklasse.

I figure I will start a build thread, since I'm starting quite a bit of work to the Mercedes. Welcome to my build thread, I bought a 1981 Mercedes-Benz 500SE AMG in Febuary, needs A LOT of work, but its a good start. Seems to me like a few owners neglected her and her appearance shows it. She's ugly right now, but I still love her. But, onward with pictures.

Here's how I got her. I paid $2700 for it. Came with a shitton of parts.

Like I said, she's a little rough. But I'm ready to make her shine. I drove it like you see it above for a week or so. Then I got sick of the amber corners. And bought these.

Had a little mishap with one side, had to get a new one sent to me.

No matter, got the new one, and I was on my way. Been driving her around, and had a couple oh shit moments and I replaced the brake pads, going for slotted rotors, new calipers, and Hawk pads in the near future, as well as a new brake master, current one is dying. Oh, I replaced the tires, I had cords showing. (I did 120 in these) Running 205/50/16 up front, 225/50/16 out back. Should have went with 195s up front, but oh well.

I took her out to the beach a few times, made the hour trip with no issues. Of course the ladies loved her, and not me. But whatever, she's all I need anyway, besides my Camaro.

And my favorite picture I have ever taken, from my phone.

Then, I made the drive out to Tampa for Euroteffen 2012, I was the only Mercedes there, was a good feeling.

But the skies turned nasty and rained, so I left before the show ended. That was the best she's ever looked since I've owned her.

I decided I wanted to do something special to the tails, didn't like the stock look. So I painted in the inside of the grooves.

I think it turned out well, I need to do it again, got a couple spots I missed, damn me being impatient.

I then did a full tune up, plugs, plug wires, dist cap, rotor, battery, fuel filter, trans fluid/filter. $500 worth, damn car took 7 qts of 20w-50, was expecting 5 lol. Still has a massive vacuum leak from the intake, but the amount of work is insane, needs a timing chain and the like too. Not too concerned since I'm pulling the motor/trans late this year.
    Sorry, no pictures of that ordeal, plugs were completely done for, and they were the complete wrong plug for the motor as well, so I was glad to get those out.

I ordered exhaust yesterday and will be here tomorrow, will be installing it as well as tinting the windows Saturday. I need to order a moon roof seal as well, damn thing leaks. Looking to replace the headliner soon, but I'm afraid I'll find a shiton of rust. Planning on a blue plaid design, or whatever I feel fits. Good friend of mine suggested leopard print as my car has been dubbed, "The Pussy Wagon" by my female friends. So we'll see where I go with that.

I've gotta fix my Camaro soon, Mercedes gets like 8 MPG, so gas is nuts. I blew the V6 in it, so I'm replacing it with one, but with something special. Really to save money on gas, I'm prepping the car for Simply Clean 4. Saving for paint/body work now, going to repaint her the stock color, I've got a idea of what wheels I want, but they are $$$ and I'm not sure how they will fit with the suspension the way it is.

But, she is as you see her. I've got a lot of work ahead, but she'll be worth it. Wanting to get her done, I want to add a R32 GTR to my collection next year, that or a Ferrari 308 GTS, haven't set my mind on one car yet. Hope you all love her as much as I do. Will post updates as they happen.
    Last edited by RubbderDucky; 07-31-2013, 11:39 PM.

1989 Chevy Camaro RS | 1981 Mercedes 500SE AMG

Originally posted by Skraight.
    And don't let the **** from the guy above get to you, he said he is saving up to buy a del sol lol.

Dope, used to have a normal one of these in the same color... then it died.

Comment

Lose the stickers, it is a MB man.
      Click me! My e30 build
      Do business with me? leave feedback
      Need an m20/m30 turbo manifold? click!

Comment

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
        Lose the stickers, it is a MB man.
        Yeah, after I tint the windows I'm probably gonna ditch them. I said the same thing to myself. Lol.

And don't let the **** from the guy above get to you, he said he is saving up to buy a del sol lol.

Comment

Originally posted by RubbderDucky View Post
          Yeah, after I tint the windows I'm probably gonna ditch them. I said the same thing to myself. Lol.
          It is wicked awesome man, I love everything so far. Ride height is amazing, wheels are refreshing and it is clean. Just needs less JDM sticker shit IMO.
          Click me! My e30 build
          Do business with me? leave feedback
          Need an m20/m30 turbo manifold? click!

Comment

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
            It is wicked awesome man, I love everything so far. Ride height is amazing, wheels are refreshing and it is clean. Just needs less JDM sticker shit IMO.
            Yeah, I said to myself yesterday, the fuck was I thinking? I've got another "Raw Brokerage" sticker I'm going to put on the rear quarter window, it's a good friend of mines performance shop. But those are coming off.

Oh, I found this picture of both of my cars. I wanted to stance the Camaro, but with a solid axle and the amount of money and work to make it that low, isn't worth it.

Comment

so much potential here great find for $2700
              C280 Build Thread
              C43 ///AMG Build Thread
              E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

Looks great so far man. Those wheels spaced out a bit would look phenomenal.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Love it! I love the wheels r9 right?
                  Join the dark side:The Boog Build Thread

Comment

i almost bought this car.the PO was a really cool guy.... u need to get rid of that Post merger AMG badge... i have a Pre-Merger AMG badge for ya like the one in my sig... let me know im local...
                    also those Ronal Pentas are a great way to get money to fund your build.... im assuing you wanna go bigger wheel, to a right buyer on Benzworld those things can sell up to 2000 bucks... i sold mine in OK condition with clear pealing for 1700 plus shipping... i was amazed at how many people were foaming at the mouth for them...
                    Last edited by Bystrov; 06-15-2012, 12:05 AM.

Comment

this wouldnt happen to be badWAYZZ old car, would it?
                      i did the same thing to my tails back in the day

but i changed it up to all reds looks so much better, classier dare i say?

you should try getting your hands on another set of tails to do it with. i had like three sets of tails for my car so i can change it up anytime i like.
                      Last edited by w201e34; 06-15-2012, 01:20 AM.
                      Balls Deep Squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Bystrov View Post
                        i almost bought this car.the PO was a really cool guy.... u need to get rid of that Post merger AMG badge... i have a Pre-Merger AMG badge for ya like the one in my sig... let me know im local...
                        also those Ronal Pentas are a great way to get money to fund your build.... im assuing you wanna go bigger wheel, to a right buyer on Benzworld those things can sell up to 2000 bucks... i sold mine in OK condition with clear pealing for 1700 plus shipping... i was amazed at how many people were foaming at the mouth for them...
                        Yeah, I want a per-merger badge, how much you looking for? I'm probably going to keep the Pentas since they are real Gen 1 AMGs, my plan is for a set of 18 or 17" x9 CCW Classics.

Originally posted by w201e34 View Post
                        this wouldnt happen to be badWAYZZ old car, would it?
                        i did the same thing to my tails back in the day

but i changed it up to all reds looks so much better, classier dare i say?

you should try getting your hands on another set of tails to do it with. i had like three sets of tails for my car so i can change it up anytime i like.
                        No sir, its not his car. I believe a buddy of his owns in Washington state. At least that's what I got from his build thread. Yeah, I'll have to try doing different things with the tails.
                        Last edited by RubbderDucky; 06-15-2012, 09:23 AM.

Comment

pre merger badges are like looking for gold. few have them not many wanna let em go. but We benz people around here (locally) tend to stick together. welcome to the club sort of thing... ill hook u up with a badge bro no worries.. id love to see this thing in person... send me a PM some time, my name is alex.

PS im also one of the few people around here who has Klann Compressors for springs. just a FYI

Comment

Originally posted by Bystrov View Post
                            pre merger badges are like looking for gold. few have them not many wanna let em go. but We benz people around here (locally) tend to stick together. welcome to the club sort of thing... ill hook u up with a badge bro no worries.. id love to see this thing in person... send me a PM some time, my name is alex.

PS im also one of the few people around here who has Klann Compressors for springs. just a FYI
                            Will do man. Thanks.

Little update, some goodies for tomorrow.

Comment

Little update, haven't gotten exhaust on yet. Been waiting to use my buddies lift. I installed a new ignition coil, and today my right rear brake caliper died. I've already got a new one on the way, but won't get here till Tuesday. But I did find a 500SE trunk badge that shipped today. Should be in my hands early next week. I got a quote for paint/bodywork. Looking at $2000-$2500, as for wheels and tires, looking at $2500+ for 17x9/17x10 CCW Classics, and like $700 for 215/40 and 235/40 BFG KDWs. Going to be a stretch to get her ready for Simply Clean 4, so much else that needs to be replaced. I did find a pre-merger AMG trunk badge for $200 on eBay in Tampa, but I don't have the cash now.

I also ordered 2 master keys for the car, only lock they work in is the glove box. So I'm going to order a trunk lock and a ignition cylinder from the dealer for it.

Pic of the 500SE badge:

Edit:

Trunk lid seal and sunroof seal came in. Tired of them leaking.

Last edited by RubbderDucky; 06-22-2012, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X