No announcement yet.

I ♥ my Sonderklasse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a classic car. I really hope you can bring it back, and not make it all trendy. Simple and Clean my freind. Good Luck.

Comment

i love where this is going, i want to see more.

build thread?

Comment

Originally posted by RubbderDucky View Post
        Little update, haven't gotten exhaust on yet. Been waiting to use my buddies lift. I installed a new ignition coil, and today my right rear brake caliper died. I've already got a new one on the way, but won't get here till Tuesday. But I did find a 500SE trunk badge that shipped today. Should be in my hands early next week. I got a quote for paint/bodywork. Looking at $2000-$2500, as for wheels and tires, looking at $2500+ for 17x9/17x10 CCW Classics, and like $700 for 215/40 and 235/40 BFG KDWs. Going to be a stretch to get her ready for Simply Clean 4, so much else that needs to be replaced. I did find a pre-merger AMG trunk badge for $200 on eBay in Tampa, but I don't have the cash now.

I also ordered 2 master keys for the car, only lock they work in is the glove box. So I'm going to order a trunk lock and a ignition cylinder from the dealer for it.

Pic of the 500SE badge:

Edit:

Trunk lid seal and sunroof seal came in. Tired of them leaking.

I'm not sure how those are going to go with the car. I think something period correct that flows with the styling of the car. IMO Either way it should look dope

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
          I'm not sure how those are going to go with the car. I think something period correct that flows with the styling of the car. IMO Either way it should look dope
          The idea in my head says its going to be cool as shit, but I really need somebody with Photoshop skills to shop a set on before I make a purchase.

Little piece for her came in today. I can't drive it at the moment, piston seal on the right rear caliper died, brake fluid everywhere, so I'm waiting for the new caliper to come in so I can get her going again.

1989 Chevy Camaro RS | 1981 Mercedes 500SE AMG

Originally posted by Skraight.
          And don't let the **** from the guy above get to you, he said he is saving up to buy a del sol lol.

Comment

Well, I started to repair the caliper today. Pulled the pads to find this: Keep in mind those pads are 2 months old, and the other side is fine.

No big deal, brought the pads back to Autozone for warranty replacement, and got my core back from my caliper.

Got it on, old brake line isn't long enough. Okay, no problem go get a new one from Autozone, bent it to the correct length/size got it installed. New pads on bolted up, lets bleed the brakes, easy right?

Wrong. Right rear rubber hose died as well, went to go get one hose, no go. Got another that will fit. Awesome. Went to pull the line from the hard line coming from the master, nope, its not coming loose. At this time it got dark so we packed up, and went in. But, I guess a good thing that happened was we found a massive vacuum leak and repaired it. Car idles much smoother now. Still trying to get the exhaust on, just going to find a good exhaust shop this weekend, I don't feel like waiting any longer on my buddy to do it for me.

And don't let the **** from the guy above get to you, he said he is saving up to buy a del sol lol.

Comment

Man this thing is legit.

I remember seeing a 500 SEL AMG in a junkyard here in Utah. Couldn't believe my eyes. Looked like it was T-boned by an SUV or something. Next day I went back with a grip of cash to pilfer the remaining goods, and it was gone.

Aren't there only a handful of these in the US anyway?
              - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

Amazing, just amazing. One of my favourite Mercedes ever made, such an awesome bodyshape.

Comment

I love this old school classiness!

keep it the way it is...I love those wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Daviticus View Post
                    Man this thing is legit.

I remember seeing a 500 SEL AMG in a junkyard here in Utah. Couldn't believe my eyes. Looked like it was T-boned by an SUV or something. Next day I went back with a grip of cash to pilfer the remaining goods, and it was gone.

Aren't there only a handful of these in the US anyway?
                    I wish I could find a 500SEL AMG in the yard here, much more a 500SEL non AMG all we ever see in the yard is 300s.
                    Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                    Amazing, just amazing. One of my favourite Mercedes ever made, such an awesome bodyshape.
                    Thanks!
                    Originally posted by sally pu View Post
                    I love this old school classiness!

keep it the way it is...I love those wheels
                    I love the wheels too, but I'd like something larger.

Comment

Small update, car is still broken, replaced caliper, brake hose, rear pads, and now the master is dead as well. I don't have the money for it just yet so it'll be Friday before I can order it. After cleaning up the wheels, I like how they look shined up more on the car, not sure what I'll do about wheels, I wish they were 18x9s. Lol.

Comment

18s are too big for this car imo

build thread?

Comment

Very nice buy, should look tight once you get some wheels
                          Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjones View Post
                            18s are too big for this car imo
                            17s, 18s, something larger and wider really. Not sure what I wanna do about wheels, I think I will do air ride eventually, she needs a lot of love, but I'm willing to press through and return her to her former glory.

I'm thinking M100 6.9 swap.

Comment

Sick! I just bought an 85 w126 sel. But after seeing yours I I should've bought an AMG version!

Sub'd
                              @KNOLAS on Instagram #lownslowcrew

Comment

Okay guys, I need your automotive expertise. I replaced the caliper, and bled the brakes and all the jazz, but the brake pedal would just go to the floor and barely stop the car, so last night I bled and replaced the brake master, bled the brakes and the pedal still goes to the floor and barely stops the car. Any idea on what is still wrong?

Comment

Working...
                                X