No announcement yet.

My SC300 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice progress man i've always wanted one of those! and how did you do that to your shifter i thought the sc's had the straight back and forth dildo knob? did you take a gs center piece?

Comment

Originally posted by PaxtonSaxton View Post
      nice progress man i've always wanted one of those! and how did you do that to your shifter i thought the sc's had the straight back and forth dildo knob? did you take a gs center piece?
      The pseudo gated shifter was added to the SCs in 1998-2000, the 1997 and earlier had the straight shift with the huge dildo knob, lol. This was one of the many reasons I waited and hunted down a 98+ model.

Flickr Photostream | My Build Thread | Stalk me on Instagram, yo!

Comment

i am really in love with your car. I stared at each pic for a while and enjoyed them a lot.

i would go a little lower at least to fully cover the wheel gap.

very clean and sexy lexus. Congrats

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

Originally posted by DannyE32 View Post
          i am really in love with your car. I stared at each pic for a while and enjoyed them a lot.
          sounds like your car gave this guy a boner....

it gave me a boner too

Comment

Originally posted by DannyE32 View Post

i would go a little lower at least to fully cover the wheel gap.

very clean and sexy lexus. Congrats
            Thanks man! I want to, as well. I need to roll the damn fenders though before I do. The fronts will tuck fine, but the rears might be close, even with a roll, so we'll see! I need to take some measurements in my driveway to see how low I can really go and clear it without any issues or needing 2x4's to get out, lol

Originally posted by sally pu View Post
            sounds like your car gave this guy a boner....

it gave me a boner too
            bahahahahahaha! I know the car looks good, but damn... Its okay, it happens to me too sometimes... especially when its all wet and sudsy...

Comment

Here's the wheel gap I'm working with, I hope Lego Boba Fett makes for a good measuring device, lol. the front is maybe 1/8" difference, mainly due to the offset. If it were another 5mm out, it would probably be an identical gap...

And some random iPhone snaps just because

Comment

Haven't been on here in a hot minute! Made some changes to the car over the last few months, the main ones being the Fujin front lip, and the second, the 19" Vossen CV3's. Currently running 19x8.5" fronts and 19x10" rears, but the 10's will fit up front, so maybe for the next set, I'll do 19x10" all around

Last pic with the old wheels

and with the Vossens...

Comments and criticisms are always welcome! I know its not the lowest, but in the future I'd love to add the Shine Auto rear bumper and side skirts to match up with the front lip...

Comment

christ, you never see them that clean. I work at toyota and every one that comes in is clapped out to hell. Keep it up!

Rival House Garage. #allstarmotorwerke
                  A Sherman Schwartz story build thread.

Comment

Originally posted by budski View Post
                    christ, you never see them that clean. I work at toyota and every one that comes in is clapped out to hell. Keep it up!
                    Haha! Thanks man, and I know, right?! People freak out when they see mine because most of the SC's around here are beat. Mine is not perfect by any means, I'm still looking for a new hood (mine has hail damage from the previous owner, and the driver's fender doesn't match the rest of the car, and other little things) but I love it.

Comment

damn looks sick! i really like the clean paint, and that exhaust sounds pretty good. get some spacers!

Comment

Its a clean car. I love everything about it!

Comment

Originally posted by rozayE36 View Post
                          damn looks sick! i really like the clean paint, and that exhaust sounds pretty good. get some spacers!
                          Thanks! and the exhaust isn't too obnoxious, but it sounds a hell of a lot better in person. The car is already "loud" enough on its own, I don't need any more attention drawn to it with a loud set-up, haha. And the fronts could use some spacers, but I still haven't rolled the fenders, haha. I'm happy with the rear fitment though, it's spot on to what I wanted.

Originally posted by rsingh3g View Post
                          Its a clean car. I love everything about it!
                          Thanks man! I appreciate it! Can't stop watching your damn sig... lol

Comment

Gave the SC a bath today and decided to take some overdue interior pictures and such!

You guys can see the imperfections and marks on the center-piece/trim and along the middle plastic bits. Any suggestions for cleaning/removing those?

And one for the Vossen crew

Comment

almost bought an sc300, but went for the IS instead, i needed 4 doors for the wife. Great job, its very well done. Legendary car IMO. Any plans for some "soarer" stuff? ive always liked the badging on those.
                              Last edited by skunkworx; 01-31-2013, 11:50 PM.
                              Sometimes you eat the bar, and... well, sometimes it eats you...

Build thread here:
                              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=40225

Comment

Can't you use a interior trim removal tool, to take out the panels and then either touch them up or replace them? Also, if you don't mind can you tell me where you ordered your wheels from?

Comment

Working...
                                X