Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My SC300 build

Default My SC300 build

I'm back! I haven't been on the forums here in a while, as I've been busy with finishing college, life, this car, etc. As, some of you may know, I have been without the Cavalier since last September, and this 1999 SC300 is my new muse. Since I got it, I've added a few things, listed below, and We'll see where the road takes me from here...
    The old Cavalier:

Day 1 with the SC:

And present day:
    Since I bought it, I've done the following:
    BC coilovers
    19x8.5" (+35mm +5mm spacer = e.t. +30mm) and 19x9.5" (+38mm +5mm spacer = e.t. +33mm) Stance SC5 wheels
    Achilles ATR tires 225/35/19 and 245/35/19
    6000K low beams and 3000K fogs with yellow tint
    HIC rear window visor
    Pro 1 axle back exhaust (not pictured below)
    32% tint

I only had a few pics posted randomly since the drop, so this is the first 'shoot' since then. I'm happy with the car's stance as is, and I don't really plan on going much lower, at least without doing fender work. Also, just upgraded my DSLR to a Canon 60D, so I'm breaking it in and figuring it out. These are just a few that I've edited so far, I'll add some more as I finish! Comments and criticism are welcome!

An interior shot:

Last weekend's project:
    Quick update! I got my new exhaust in and installed today! The Pro 1/Pro Speed eBay one, and I love it! It's a little quiet, so I may have the cat back re-done and resonators deleted...

The old and busted 13 year old set up!

And the new, shiny set up!

Got lunch sans mufflers, it was a little loud, lol

And the new ones installed!

And the videos (pardon the iPhone quality) without mufflers and with the new ones installed.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlFIHALMicE"]Lexus SC300 without mufflers - sound clip - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xKV_Hz9FVE"]Lexus SC300 - sound clip with a Pro 1 Axle-back Exhaust installed - YouTube[/ame]

Good start, and are you from the Kennesaw area?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Yogi_Bear View Post
    Good start, and are you from the Kennesaw area?
    Thanks, and yes, sir. Just graduated from KSU, actually, haha.

I love these SC's. Easily one of my favorite coupes ever.

Nice ride although it seem like you got the mufflers for looks as the sound does not differ a great deal from one video to the other... looks great though

Quote Originally Posted by FlatRocker View Post
    I love these SC's. Easily one of my favorite coupes ever.
    Me too. I was debating a few other cars, but once I saw one of these lowered on nice wheels, I knew I had to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsss View Post
    Nice ride although it seem like you got the mufflers for looks as the sound does not differ a great deal from one video to the other... looks great though
    Kinda... the video does it no justice, I'll get a better one soon. It sounds more like the no-muffler video, just with the volume turned down, haha. Its a little bit quieter. Has a nice low rpm rumble, but still quiet at highway speeds and minimum cabin noise. Its more subtle and tame compared to other SCs, but I don't want to be totally obnoxious and become a target around here, the red gets enough attention, lol

Man thats a huge come up!!! congrats

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Quote Originally Posted by 244Brick View Post
    Man thats a huge come up!!! congrats
    lol, the Cavalier was a fun car, it was my first car at 17, had it for 4-5 years, put a little bit of money into it, and just enjoyed the droptop. The SC is a significant improvement, though, haha. Leather, heated seats, telescoping wheel, and much more. Plus its way more of a head-tuner

And it's more of an ADULT car. You can drive this for the rest of your life if you chose so. Cuz it will always keep its classy etiquette.

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Quote Originally Posted by 244Brick View Post
    And it's more of an ADULT car. You can drive this for the rest of your life if you chose so. Cuz it will always keep its classy etiquette.
    Damn straight! Not many people believe the car is 13 years old (hell, the first SCs made in 1992 are now 20 years! geez...) but I definitely love how the car does not look dated at all. Just simple, elegant styling. And I'd love to keep this car for the rest of my life, enjoy it, re-do everything, fresh paint, new leather, maybe some boost, more low, etc etc. All in good time... I've only had her for like 9 months...

love love love sc's
    my buddies sc

I plan on buying an SC or a 850i coupe. Those are my two favorite coupes, and I wouldn't be able to decide if both showed up for sale haha. Nice rig so far, can't wait to see where else you go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by justaneffer View Post
    love love love sc's
    my buddies sc
    Thanks, and thats a bit over the top for my taste... different though.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatRocker View Post
    I plan on buying an SC or a 850i coupe. Those are my two favorite coupes, and I wouldn't be able to decide if both showed up for sale haha. Nice rig so far, can't wait to see where else you go with it.
    Can't disagree with the 850i, those cars are so gorgeous (surprised I only saw one at SoWo this year...). And thanks, I don't plan on anything to extreme, but I would love a fujin lip up front, maybe an Auto Couture sides and rear, spoiler delete, LS Big brakes, rolled fenders and more low, and fresh paint (some panels don't match from crappy paint work by the previous owner...) besides improving the looks, maybe a supercharger, since everyone asks if the "SC" is for supercharged lol (also, the 2JZ GE is a pain to turbo, form what I've heard, hence most guys swapping to 2JZ GTE or 1JZs...). In due time, we'll see what happens!

I'm guessing you're not into slamming it, huh? lol Definitely a step up!

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckdee View Post
    I'm guessing you're not into slamming it, huh? lol Definitely a step up!
    Got nothing against slamming. I can still go down far on my BCs, but the fenders would need work first. I would love to go lower and I'm definitely tempted. my steep driveway is the only other issue to work around... haha

nice progress man i've always wanted one of those! and how did you do that to your shifter i thought the sc's had the straight back and forth dildo knob? did you take a gs center piece?

Quote Originally Posted by PaxtonSaxton View Post
    nice progress man i've always wanted one of those! and how did you do that to your shifter i thought the sc's had the straight back and forth dildo knob? did you take a gs center piece?
    The pseudo gated shifter was added to the SCs in 1998-2000, the 1997 and earlier had the straight shift with the huge dildo knob, lol. This was one of the many reasons I waited and hunted down a 98+ model.

i am really in love with your car. I stared at each pic for a while and enjoyed them a lot.

i would go a little lower at least to fully cover the wheel gap.

very clean and sexy lexus. Congrats

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Quote Originally Posted by DannyE32 View Post
    i am really in love with your car. I stared at each pic for a while and enjoyed them a lot.
    sounds like your car gave this guy a boner....

it gave me a boner too

Quote Originally Posted by DannyE32 View Post

i would go a little lower at least to fully cover the wheel gap.

very clean and sexy lexus. Congrats
    Thanks man! I want to, as well. I need to roll the damn fenders though before I do. The fronts will tuck fine, but the rears might be close, even with a roll, so we'll see! I need to take some measurements in my driveway to see how low I can really go and clear it without any issues or needing 2x4's to get out, lol

Quote Originally Posted by sally pu View Post
    sounds like your car gave this guy a boner....

it gave me a boner too
    bahahahahahaha! I know the car looks good, but damn... Its okay, it happens to me too sometimes... especially when its all wet and sudsy...

Here's the wheel gap I'm working with, I hope Lego Boba Fett makes for a good measuring device, lol. the front is maybe 1/8" difference, mainly due to the offset. If it were another 5mm out, it would probably be an identical gap...

And some random iPhone snaps just because

Haven't been on here in a hot minute! Made some changes to the car over the last few months, the main ones being the Fujin front lip, and the second, the 19" Vossen CV3's. Currently running 19x8.5" fronts and 19x10" rears, but the 10's will fit up front, so maybe for the next set, I'll do 19x10" all around

Last pic with the old wheels

and with the Vossens...

Comments and criticisms are always welcome! I know its not the lowest, but in the future I'd love to add the Shine Auto rear bumper and side skirts to match up with the front lip...

christ, you never see them that clean. I work at toyota and every one that comes in is clapped out to hell. Keep it up!

Rival House Garage. #allstarmotorwerke
    A Sherman Schwartz story build thread.

Quote Originally Posted by budski View Post
    christ, you never see them that clean. I work at toyota and every one that comes in is clapped out to hell. Keep it up!
    Haha! Thanks man, and I know, right?! People freak out when they see mine because most of the SC's around here are beat. Mine is not perfect by any means, I'm still looking for a new hood (mine has hail damage from the previous owner, and the driver's fender doesn't match the rest of the car, and other little things) but I love it.

damn looks sick! i really like the clean paint, and that exhaust sounds pretty good. get some spacers!