X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have work vs-xx's that are 18x8 et34 with 1.5" lips and im putting on 2.5" lips. So will they be 18x9 et9 or et21? i keep being told different from multiple people.
    Thanks

Comment

there are wheels that the face can be reverse or sandwich mounted, then we can have two wheels with same lip and barrel sizes but different offset...

i think Capt. Obvious's way of measuring is the best in this case...

flickr

Comment

I think the problem with his method is he is measuring the outer width of the barrel not bead to bead. wheels to my understanding are measured bead to bead and the offset is determined by that so If you measure from the outer rim as he has shown your adding another inch in most cases to actuall measure size of the wheel... great thread.....
        " You made your choice, I made my choice, at the end of the day if you don't like my choice it's your problem not mine"

New Z build
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...99#post1498599

New M3 DD build
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...65#post1498765

Comment

I thought wheel width was bead to bead and offset was outer to outer?
          I haz 4 wimz. need 4 more.

Comment

Great info! I wonder if this is the same for all wheels, or just BBS? It would make sense to have an understood way of measuring, but you never know.
            junk cars for cash Los Angeles
            used auto parts Los Angeles

Comment

Comment

wow... this is good thread. just anyone know about Honda CB4 spect1 model. i just want to know what it's having common errors.
                codesys

Comment

Hi guys,

I have a little dilemma and I hope some of you ran into this so you can give me some piece of advice. I read the whole thread but I'm still confused.

I have a set of OZ Futura 18x8J, ET 35, 1.5'' lip that I run with 24mm adapters and 205/40/18 tires.

I now want to change the lips with new ones measuring 2.75'' to make the wheels 9.25'' wide and put 215/40/18 tires on them. Will that change the offset of the rim? Since the width of the rim will increase, I plan to mill down the adapters a few mm to a smaller size until it gets to the fitment I want (probably similar to above). Do you guys think it will work?

P.S: I would prefer not to do any fender work. I like them the way they are
                  Last edited by daniel_lucian; 01-23-2014, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_lucian View Post
                    Hi guys,

I have a little dilemma and I hope some of you ran into this so you can give me some piece of advice. I read the whole thread but I'm still confused.

I have a set of OZ Futura 18x8J, ET 35, 1.5'' lip that I run with 24mm adapters and 205/40/18 tires.

I now want to change the lips with new ones measuring 2.75'' to make the wheels 9.25'' wide and put 215/40/18 tires on them. Will that change the offset of the rim? Since the width of the rim will increase, I plan to mill down the adapters a few mm to a smaller size until it gets to the fitment I want (probably similar to above). Do you guys think it will work?

P.S: I would prefer not to do any fender work. I like them the way they are
                    Based to what I understand, your offset will be lower (something around et8 ) therefore you will be poking. The only way you can get it done and be able to run it in your car is redrilling your wheels and ditch the adapters. (someone correct me if im wrong).

Comment

help

Reading this made me more confused. I have a set of BBS RS. 17x8 +19 and 17x9 +0. What size lips would I need to make it 17x9.5 all around?

Comment

Saved for later!

Comment

oh my god, there is a chart! SAVED

Comment

Use this calculator http://www.tire-size-calculator.info/
                            Houston videos, business and social networking

Comment

Confirmation

So I purchased BBS Rs faces (329) which are 17x8 et0.
                              According to previous owner they came with 1.5 lip and 6" barrel. I would like to put 5" lips on the rear which according to that chart puts me at 17x11.5 et - 44.

Can anyone confirm that?

Comment

Originally posted by Ls1s13 View Post
                                So I purchased BBS Rs faces (329) which are 17x8 et0.
                                According to previous owner they came with 1.5 lip and 6" barrel. I would like to put 5" lips on the rear which according to that chart puts me at 17x11.5 et - 44.

Can anyone confirm that?
                                Are they sandwich mounted currently, and if so are you going to leave them sandwich mounted?

Comment

Working...
                                X