Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alex's 92 Hilux Pickup (NZ) So. Many. Photos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex's 92 Hilux Pickup (NZ) So. Many. Photos.

Hi everyone. I'm Alex and I'm all the way down in New Zealand. Here it is my hilux, stock, a few days before I bought it about 5 years ago:

Lowered 6" with reset leaves, drop spindles, 2" blocks and 10mm bumpstops. The back's about 15mm off the stops. Also de-stickered:

Bought my first set of wheels: Buddyclub P1 17's, with jumbo tyres to fill out the guards:

Me on the left:

Did a big road trip to the bottom of the country with my friends who are obviously fans of Subaru Legacys:

Flared 4x4 guards with clear indicators, along with a little bit of tidying:

I won a competition to design the new window sticker logo for our local truckin community (minitruckin.co.nz - lots of GC's and great knowledge if your into trucks):

At this point, I started doing some work on the truck that was a little bit more significant.

Located a factory shaven 4x4 tray (rare as a MF) and managed to get it home without killing anybody on the motorway:

Toyota Surf bumper conversion:

I think this is when the truck was probably looking its worst:

Removed all the faded and weirdly purple coloured tints. Scored a bitchin sliding window:

It was at this point I'd really started getting into good fitment and was sick of the crazy inboard black wheels. Picked up these for a really good price, but no centre caps

xIt took me a ton of google hunting but figured out they are called 'Zauber Mesh':

^ That's what the should look like altogether but mine are not in great condition and need refurbishing. They're 17x 8.5 and 9.5 if I remember correctly (15, 5 offset), which leaves them still quite far in the guards. Definitely need some spacers and some more stretch to the tyres.

At this point I finally bought a decent camera:

Next came something I'd been wanting to do since day one:

Full Surf front conversion! Much tidier lines and look imo + clear lights:

Then I made a lip for the front:

And finally got my Toyota badge:

And finally to a couple of weeks back:

The truck was finally sent away to get all the panels painted the same colour:

I had the rear handle relocated also and tidied up a lot of the messy factory holes in the tray.Painted the front valance to:

And don't **** me for it but made my own centre caps that I think help the wheels alot:

Over the time of ownership I've done a few bits and pieces to the engine, but its mainly stock; I like to keep it tidy though. Headers and exhaust are possibly next on the plan as the exhaust is fukd.

And that brings us to where it is at today:

I've still got lots of plans as I really love this thing I'd like to just buy some spacers and put them on, but similar to Aussie laws, mod's in NZ need to be signed off professionally and be inspected. I'm not a fan of getting fines so I'd rather do it all legitly. So hopefully I'm aiming within the next year to drop it all about an inch lower, notch the back for more suspension travel, and space the wheels so they are flush!

Any comments welcome as it would be great to hear what you all think!

And sorry for whoring your bandwidth
    Last edited by Brimmy; 04-08-2015, 04:40 AM.
    | 92 Toyota Hilux |www.facebook.com/WellingtonTruckingFriends|

Damn I **** NZ now. We never got a 4-door pick-up in the states.
    This is sick tho, keep it up!

You should stretch the frame and put a regular short bed, my 2cents.

Comment

Coming from someone that loves toyota, low and 4 door pickups, you have won my heart. Keep it up, I'm interested to see where this goes.

Comment

We never got a 4-door pick-up in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by RufusMadore View Post
          We never got a 4-door pick-up in the states.
          Nope. And it really sucks, the things I would do to own one...

Looks good as shit btw

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
          Originally posted by nickskater09
          I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

Great job thus far=) In for more
            95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

looks great!

Comment

Cheers guys! Glad you all like it. And I agree, this would be sick with an X-Cab tray on it!

Just got my Momo wheel in:

TRD button

And here are some more close up pics for those interested!

Comment

So did a bit of this:

In preparation for this:

Was just a single wheel test fit as need to be ordered from the states. I should have some interesting photos at the end of this month all going to plan

Comment

!!!! Can't wait to see more. This thing is so great.

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Bro, where in NZ you from? I'm from Auckland. Ute looks sick btw man. check out NZ thread on my signature.
                      New Zealand thread: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22785

Comment

What wheel is that on the last pict? Really like what you did to the truck!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I love people drooling over 4 door hiluxs when 3/4 of the air bagged cars / slammed cars that I have ever seen are part of the mini truck scene.

Your looks awesome though dude! So incredibly clean!

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. The wheels have been ordered, early august delievery, so looking forward to that in a big way! They're 17" 4x4 steelies so should be pretty interesting
                            + I'm in Welly!

Comment

Kiwi builds :p love it mate, big fan of utes myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X